POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of AMERICAN BANDS - (EAST) ROUND 1

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
Ok, with the new 'WEAKEST LINK' I will be staying with music and bands. However this time we will debate the greatest American Band.

Now since there are so many that limiting it to 10 would only cause chaos and confusion. I have decided to spread this 'Weakest Link' out into 4 different Polls. These polls will be identified tournament style as East, South, West, and North. I have tried to keep some cohesion with the band and geographic poll they are placed in, but couldn't do it for all. These polls WILL be occurring at the same time, so you will need to place votes in all 4 polls for each round. I did this so it wouldn't take so long to complete.

Each of the 4 polls will be narrowed down to the final 2, then I will take the 2 from each poll and make a Championship poll with 8 bands.

Alright, so here go. Lets determine the GREATEST AMERICAN BAND. EAST REGION

You are going to pick the band that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) bands with the most votes. We will then move on to Round 2.

The Ramones
Kiss
Aerosmith
Bon Jovi
Talking Heads
Steely Dan
Journey
Parliament/Funkadelic
The Velvet Underground
The Stooges

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of AMERICAN BANDS - (EAST) ROUND 1 55 votes

The Ramones
0%
Kiss
30%
CantKeepmedownpjhawks2-feign-reluctancemfc2006mickeyraterebusRP112579GlowGirlbrewdog123jpayne1976eddiecF Me In The BrainPJ_SoulNSL1ThoughtKnownultrapigwilliscummings 17 votes
Aerosmith
1%
Asterisk on the Street 1 vote
Bon Jovi
23%
PoncierYefacutzpledgeagrievancestatic111DC29940jjflashdankinded243421Johnny AbruzzobrianluxHobbes23scidoo 13 votes
Talking Heads
3%
mcgruff10Spiritual_Chaos 2 votes
Steely Dan
10%
Ledbetterman10tbergsTim SimmonsRS151862tempo_n_grooveOffSheGoes35 6 votes
Journey
10%
goldrushHesCalledDyerKearn5yeeriepadaveHughFreakingDillonJumb0 6 votes
Parliament/Funkadelic
10%
mr bungleComeToTXBrainofBGAEA5429AW124797bbiggs 6 votes
The Velvet Underground
1%
joe159 1 vote
The Stooges
5%
darwinstheorypjl44BLACK35 3 votes

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    edited November 2021
    Kiss
    I thought Journey was from San Francisco.

NVM - I just saw that you may not have kept them all in their respective regions.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Bon Jovi
    It was either Bon Jovi or Kiss for me. 

Both may be gone in the First Round, anyway?
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    GlowGirl said:

NVM - I just saw that you may not have kept them all in their respective regions.

Yea, I tried. But the west coast has so many bands. Basically impossible to limit that to ten. So had to have some bands in other regions
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Bon Jovi
    Satisfying vote.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Kiss
    Parliament all the way!  (First half of Aerosmith was something I loved.  Back half makes me puke)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Kiss
    Such a silly band. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Kiss
    somebody's head is going to explode.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Steely Dan
    I think steely dan is the worst popular band in the history of rock n roll. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Bon Jovi
    GlowGirl said:

They are.  I saw them at Winterland in '74 when they were a fairly unknown "local" band.  Early hair band.  I didn't hate them but Link Wray was so much more cool!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Bon Jovi
    Bon (voyage) Jovi.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Talking Heads
    People voring for kiss can go to hell. 

Take a listen to their first three albums (KISS/Hotter than Hell/Dressed to Kill) and Unmasked. Better than anything Pearl Jam recorded in the 70s. I tell you that much. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Bon Jovi

Take a listen to their first three albums (KISS/Hotter than Hell/Dressed to Kill) and Unmasked. Better than anything Pearl Jam recorded in the 70s. I tell you that much. 

Easy big guy, it's just a poll!  I will vote for Kiss eventually as well.  But then, I've already been to hell.  It's over-rated.

• Talking Heads
    brianlux said:

Easy big guy, it's just a poll!  I will vote for Kiss eventually as well.  But then, I've already been to hell.  It's over-rated.
    Genes bass playing on Dynasty is sublime. ”Sure Know Something” is pure fire
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Bon Jovi
    Yeah this band or Kiss. 
    Bon Jovi
    brianlux said:

Genes bass playing on Dynasty is sublime. ”Sure Know Something” is pure fire

If Gene Simmons were the best bass player on earth I would still not care for Kiss, partly because I'm not into their shtick, and hugely because of who and what Gene Simmons.  I will try to be gentlemanly and say no more.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Steely Dan
    Not that big of fan of Dan. Talking Heads all the way!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Kiss
    Easy choice round 1
    Bon Jovi
    Easy choice round 1

Careful, Spiritual_Chaos gonna give you a one way ticket to hell.  :lol:
    Yeah, not my fave either.

Kiss
    look KISS IS WINNING!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Steely Dan
    mickeyrat said:
    That's not going to be helpful for any new voters. 
    Kiss
    mickeyrat said:
    WINNING AT BEING FIRST TO GET BOOTED.

better?

still, winning is winning. just ask fuckstick.

• Steely Dan
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    WINNING AT BEING FIRST TO GET BOOTED.

better?

still, winning is winning. just ask fuckstick.

YES, THAT'S BETTER.
  • Talking Heads
    Say what you want about KISS, at least they didn't vote for KISS before Bon Jovi.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Bon Jovi
    cutz said:

Same here..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Kiss
    cutz said:

Same
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Bon Jovi
    On first listen these songs all sound mediocre.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Kiss

because they are ......

• Talking Heads
    mickeyrat said:

because they are ......

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Kiss (16 votes) and Bon Jovi (13 votes) have been eliminated in Round 1
This discussion has been closed.