POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of BRITISH BANDS - FINALS

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited November 2021 in Other Music
Here were are in the 'Weakest Link" FINALS to determine the GREATEST BRITISH BAND.

You are going to pick the band that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the band with the most votes. We will then crown our CHAMPION!

The Who - Eliminated Round 3
Black Sabbath - Eliminated Round 2
Queen - Eliminated Round 3
The Rolling Stones - Eliminated Round 4
Pink Floyd - Eliminated Round 4
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
The Clash - Eliminated Round 2
Radiohead - Eliminated Round 1
Oasis - Eliminated Round 1

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of BRITISH BANDS - FINALS 49 votes

Led Zeppelin
53%
mcgruff10Ledbetterman10Spiritual_ChaosgoldrushOf The AggietbergspledgeagrievanceTim SimmonserebusRP112579Kearn5yGlowGirlGern Blanstenbrewdog123steveddievedderPapbrianluxHobbesmrussel1tempo_n_groove 26 votes
The Beatles
46%
PoncierGibsonpjl44dr. MowinckeliOnlyownMymindmfc2006cutzmickeyratBrainofBGAEA5429AW124797DW139059Abe FromanDJ253147Johnny AbruzzoBLACK35eddieceeriepadaveF Me In The BrainOffSheGoes35 23 votes
Post edited by MedozK on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    The Beatles
    I flipped a coin.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Led Zeppelin
    When Led Zeppelin's first album came out, I was floored by how strong and rocking an album it was.  Drove my parents crazy cranking it.  I felt the same way about their second album.  But after that, it started to be more of the same and I really started to be annoyed by Robert Plant's scream laden vocals (I began to have the same issue with our beloved Eddie Vedder's singing as well- what I've heard of his new album is proving more hopeful that way voice).  I will say,  I actually like Plant's mature voice a lot now. 
    Despite being active for fewer years, The Beatles developed their music quite a bit more and created some of the most enduring music in all of rock history.  I still would say the Rolling Stones are the quintessential rock and roll band, but the Beatles are not a bad runner up for me.
    Sorry, Zep fanatics!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Led Zeppelin
    brianlux said:
    When Led Zeppelin's first album came out, I was floored by how strong and rocking an album it was.  Drove my parents crazy cranking it.  I felt the same way about their second album.  But after that, it started to be more of the same and I really started to be annoyed by Robert Plant's scream laden vocals (I began to have the same issue with our beloved Eddie Vedder's singing as well- what I've heard of his new album is proving more hopeful that way voice).  I will say,  I actually like Plant's mature voice a lot now. 
    Despite being active for fewer years, The Beatles developed their music quite a bit more and created some of the most enduring music in all of rock history.  I still would say the Rolling Stones are the quintessential rock and roll band, but the Beatles are not a bad runner up for me.
    Sorry, Zep fanatics!
    I agree. I missed this whole action, but he Stones are the best.  No one can match 67 to about 75 from them, with a few albums after that are excellent.  
  • Led Zeppelin
    I am in no means a music history buff, but I have heard less about kidnapping and sexually abusing underage girls with The Beatles. 

So I think they should end up on top. 

Sorry Zep fanatics. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The Beatles
    Dear Beatles Fanatics,

Your days of everyone bowing to "the best band ever" is dying, day by day.
    Week by week.

Signed, 
    Zep Fanatics.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Led Zeppelin
    This entire experience has given me an ulcer. Thanks.
    Led Zeppelin
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Sorry, Zep fanatics!
    I agree. I missed this whole action, but he Stones are the best.  No one can match 67 to about 75 from them, with a few albums after that are excellent.  
    There you go- hard to beat that run!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Led Zeppelin
    Hobbes said:

I'm guessing The Lounge Car keeps plenty of Alka-Seltzer on hand.  :smile: 

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    The Beatles
    Hobbes said:

the ulcer comes from being wrong. 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Led Zeppelin
    Sorry, it will always be The Beatles. The rest of them I can get tired of listening to, but not John, Paul, George and Ringo.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Led Zeppelin
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Sorry, Zep fanatics!
    Bang on. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    The Beatles
    Led Zeppelin I, II, III, Untitled, Houses, Physical, Presence

That's the greatest 7 album run of any band. Ever.
    Led Zeppelin
    eddiec said:

Let's match those with these 7 and see where we get:
    Aftermath, Between the Buttons, Their Satanic Majesties Request, Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street.

Whoa!

Which run is superior?  I have my opinion, but of course, but the only answer is personal taste.  These are very different runs, both excellent.  How do you line up 7 oranges and 7 apples and say which is best? 
    Maybe we'll end in a draw before it's over.  Might save us some bloody noses.  :lol:

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    The Beatles

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Led Zeppelin
    brianlux said:
    eddiec said:

Aftermath, Between the Buttons, Their Satanic Majesties Request, Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street.

Whoa!

Which run is superior?  I have my opinion, but of course, but the only answer is personal taste.  These are very different runs, both excellent.  How do you line up 7 oranges and 7 apples and say which is best? 
    Maybe we'll end in a draw before it's over.  Might save us some bloody noses.  :lol:
    Add in Some Girls, Goats Head and Tattoo You, and you have a very long run of excellence.  

And as much as I love Zep, I think Exile is better than any record they've put out. 

I do like Zeppelin better than the Beatles; however,  I think the Beatles are much more original.  Compared to anything before,  they were from another planet (once they started doing drugs!).
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Led Zeppelin
    My winner would have been Queen but there you go
    The Beatles
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    eddiec said:

Whoa!

Add in Some Girls, Goats Head and Tattoo You, and you have a very long run of excellence.  

And as much as I love Zep, I think Exile is better than any record they've put out. 

I do like Zeppelin better than the Beatles; however,  I think the Beatles are much more original.  Compared to anything before,  they were from another planet (once they started doing drugs!).
    no vote?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I prefer Zeppelin, but the Beatles are a better band—just not the “best.”

Abstaining as well. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    The Beatles
    eddiec said:

no in through?

Led Zeppelin
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    eddiec said:

Whoa!

Haha, for sure.  Sgt Pepper's is so out there, it's unreal.  And not just for the music, but for the amazing production utilizing only four-track recorders by reduction or "ping-pong" recording.  Brilliant!  Anything similar in complexity today is achieved on 64 tracks. 

The Beatles
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:

no in through?

I like In Through..., but I don't think it stands up against the best of the Stones or Beatles, whereas those first seven are pretty flawless.
    The Beatles
    eddiec said:
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:

no in through?

I like In Through..., but I don't think it stands up against the best of the Stones or Beatles, whereas those first seven are pretty flawless.

3 of 7 songs are up there in the catalog  though imo.

fool in the rain ranks pretty high for me. just a gorgeous solo

The Beatles
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:

no in through?

In the Evening, Fool in the Rain and All My Love are superb, I'm Gonna Crawl just behind.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,838
    The Beatles
    I go to my music collection and if asked to choose to listen to either of these bands. I probably lean to cranking Physcial Graffiti or Zep4  over a Beatles record. Not that I dislike the Beatles in any way. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    Led Zeppelin
    eddiec said:
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:

no in through?

In the Evening, Fool in the Rain and All My Love are superb, I'm Gonna Crawl just behind.
    Hot Dog < While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    The Beatles
    mrussel1 said:
    eddiec said:
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:

no in through?

except when prince does the solo.....

Led Zeppelin
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    eddiec said:
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:

no in through?

Especially... not except
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    The Beatles
    The combination of LZ albums & Live Concerts gives them a BIG edge over the Beatles.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Led Zeppelin
    cutz said:
    The combination of LZ albums & Live Concerts gives them a BIG edge over the Beatles.
    The Beatles couldn't even do live music because of all the dumb screaming girls. The rooftop Abbey Road session is as close to a concert as we ever got from the later Beatles. I would have loved for some live versions of their stuff off the White Album and Sgt. Peppers.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    The Beatles
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    eddiec said:
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:

no in through?

Especially... not except
    ok. and still no vote?

This discussion has been closed.