AstroWorld Festival Disaster

2»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,430
    hedonist said:
    I’mwhat dreams said:
    I'm really concerned about our young people. I've noticed that many have acquired a general "fuck everything" kind of attitude as we've returned to "normal" school this year. Trampling gates at a concert looks a lot like the destruction of bathrooms, the multiple fights a day that get celebrated through their online posting, the roaming through the halls in gang-like packs trying to evade teachers, just flat out refusing to do anything an adult asks them to do and not caring one bit about any consequence. It's been a rough couple of months for my middle schoolers.

I know the getting hurt at concerts stuff is not new or unique to this generation. The indifference to the suffering seems like it is.
    No consequences for any offenders. That is the problem. Why worry if you know you won’t get in any real trouble.
    That’s where one’s conscience and personal integrity (should) come in.

Are those two things acquired via nature, nurture or a combination?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    As long as festival seating or general admission is allowed this shit will happen again...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    I’mwhat dreams said:
    I'm really concerned about our young people. I've noticed that many have acquired a general "fuck everything" kind of attitude as we've returned to "normal" school this year. Trampling gates at a concert looks a lot like the destruction of bathrooms, the multiple fights a day that get celebrated through their online posting, the roaming through the halls in gang-like packs trying to evade teachers, just flat out refusing to do anything an adult asks them to do and not caring one bit about any consequence. It's been a rough couple of months for my middle schoolers.

I know the getting hurt at concerts stuff is not new or unique to this generation. The indifference to the suffering seems like it is.
    No consequences for any offenders. That is the problem. Why worry if you know you won’t get in any real trouble.
    That’s where one’s conscience and personal integrity (should) come in.

Are those two things acquired via nature, nurture or a combination?
    Got me. I’d say a mix of the two, probably with emphasis on the nurture side.  
  • rush rush for what? 
    I heard the same as the OP, not sure if it’s true, that the crowd came from another stage where someone just finished and they were trying to get to the front of the main stage for Drake…..only heard it once though and haven’t had time to reinvestigate but I will. 

I’ve been to many festivals and it happens but never that bad obviously.  Anyone at ACL when Eminem and PJ were there?  Thousands of us were stuck behind the Lorde crowd trying to get to the main stage…..it was difficult to breath because I’m only 5’1”.  It was a scary experience for sure. This is such a tragedy. 
    I was there for that show.  I remember having a nice spot for Eminem and plenty of room right until show time.  Then people were coming from everywhere.  I made exit strategies w my GF and cousin in case shit got real. 

Knowing that if the crowd started to rush there wasn't a damn thing I was going to be able to do so that is why I made up an escape plan.

Thankfully we didn't have to use it.
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    rush rush for what? 
    I heard the same as the OP, not sure if it’s true, that the crowd came from another stage where someone just finished and they were trying to get to the front of the main stage for Drake…..only heard it once though and haven’t had time to reinvestigate but I will. 

I’ve been to many festivals and it happens but never that bad obviously.  Anyone at ACL when Eminem and PJ were there?  Thousands of us were stuck behind the Lorde crowd trying to get to the main stage…..it was difficult to breath because I’m only 5’1”.  It was a scary experience for sure. This is such a tragedy. 
    I was there for that show.  I remember having a nice spot for Eminem and plenty of room right until show time.  Then people were coming from everywhere.  I made exit strategies w my GF and cousin in case shit got real. 

Knowing that if the crowd started to rush there wasn't a damn thing I was going to be able to do so that is why I made up an escape plan.

If I recall correctly didn’t it rain Friday and the grounds on Saturday were soooo wet and muddy? I remember wearing rain boots.  We stayed far back for Eminem because we were exhausted after fighting the crowd moving over to main stage.  Sunday was great and the crowd was definitely different but that lineup was pretty damn good the whole weekend if you’re ok with and appreciate all types. OutKast, childish gambino, lorde, iggy azalea,  Eminem and PJ.  I think I’ve got it right.  
    See we carry these memories forever and we should all be able to walk away from these experiences unscathed. Been some sad days for sure especially for the music communities.  
  • rush rush for what? 

If I recall correctly didn’t it rain Friday and the grounds on Saturday were soooo wet and muddy? I remember wearing rain boots.  We stayed far back for Eminem because we were exhausted after fighting the crowd moving over to main stage.  Sunday was great and the crowd was definitely different but that lineup was pretty damn good the whole weekend if you’re ok with and appreciate all types. OutKast, childish gambino, lorde, iggy azalea,  Eminem and PJ.  I think I’ve got it right.  
    See we carry these memories forever and we should all be able to walk away from these experiences unscathed. Been some sad days for sure especially for the music communities.  
    The year before it rained.  The 2014 Beck, PJ and Eminem it was dry as a bone.

We left 1/2 way through Eminems set because he was lip-synching.  We took in the rest of Skryllex' show which I wanted to see from the get go.

ACL was run very very efficiently.  The only thing I noticed was the emergency lanes got clogged up closer to show time.
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    edited November 2021
    rush rush for what? 

We left 1/2 way through Eminems set because he was lip-synching.  We took in the rest of Skryllex' show which I wanted to see from the get go.

ACL was run very very efficiently.  The only thing I noticed was the emergency lanes got clogged up closer to show time.
    Just looked it up there were two weekends in 2013, one where iggy wasn’t there.  I was at the rainy muddy weekend!  Thought I was going crazy there for a minute! 
    And I agree, we always say it was the most organized festival we ever attended and so cool that you could go in and out and they still had control of the situations. 
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,491
    edited November 2021
    As long as festival seating or general admission is allowed this shit will happen again...
    I have to agree.   I imagine a security guard at a concert has little ability to impact what happened at AstroWorld.    People are going to sneak in or misbehave knowing that they can easily run or mix in with the other 50k people.   Maybe the first person gets caught, but not when multiple people do it at one time.  So many people sneak into the PJ GA section by keeping their wristbands loose and sharing them to sneak friends in.  

Not saying there aren't things that can be done.  
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited November 2021
    rush rush for what? 

We were there too.  Maybe my favorite festival weekend ever.  The Replacements opening for Pearl Jam.   Eminem. Chvrches.  Lana Del Rey.  Gaslight Anthem. Outkast.    I do remember the crowd being a little younger than previous years but we stayed away from the crowds since we had a 1 year old.   

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited November 2021
    I have to agree.   I imagine a security guard at a concert has little ability to impact what happened at AstroWorld.    People are going to sneak in or misbehave knowing that they can easily run or mix in with the other 50k people.   Maybe the first person gets caught, but not when multiple people do it at one time.  So many people sneak into the PJ GA section by keeping their wristbands loose and sharing them to sneak friends in.  

Then add booze and drugs to the mix...whst could wrong.

Too bad for the folks...especially the poor 9 year old is in an induced coma because of his dumbass father.  Who in their right mind would put their child in that kind of environment...father of the year.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    this whole thing is just so terribly sad.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • As long as festival seating or general admission is allowed this shit will happen again...

Too bad for the folks...especially the poor 9 year old is in an induced coma because of his dumbass father.  Who in their right mind would put their child in that kind of environment...father of the year.
    Many of the PJ fans bring their little ones to events. Read above your post.
    There is a tiktok video circulating about a PJ Roskilde "connection" to the Travis Scott concert.  It shows some video of Scott wearing a Binaural shirt and how Binaural shirts were being sold at Roskilde. 

Also...they were comparing the Binaural eyeball graphic to some of the effects at Scott's concert.

The video said that 8 died at Roskilde though....trying to make a connection to the 8 dying at Scott's concert.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

• There is a tiktok video circulating about a PJ Roskilde "connection" to the Travis Scott concert.  It shows some video of Scott wearing a Binaural shirt and how Binaural shirts were being sold at Roskilde. 

Also...they were comparing the Binaural eyeball graphic to some of the effects at Scott's concert.

The video said that 8 died at Roskilde though....trying to make a connection to the 8 dying at Scott's concert.
    Oh boy.  That eyeball and Illumanati references again most likely.

There is an ongoing phenomenon in rap culture that to make it, you need to make a deal w the Illumanati.  Bloods run the rap game pretty well so maybe that is how the Illumaniti thing started?
    There is a tiktok video circulating about a PJ Roskilde "connection" to the Travis Scott concert.  It shows some video of Scott wearing a Binaural shirt and how Binaural shirts were being sold at Roskilde. 

There is an ongoing phenomenon in rap culture that to make it, you need to make a deal w the Illumanati.  Bloods run the rap game pretty well so maybe that is how the Illumaniti thing started?
    I think it's funny that the article they show clearly say 9 died at Roskilde yet the narrator says "8"

• There is a tiktok video circulating about a PJ Roskilde "connection" to the Travis Scott concert.  It shows some video of Scott wearing a Binaural shirt and how Binaural shirts were being sold at Roskilde. 

I think it's funny that the article they show clearly say 9 died at Roskilde yet the narrator says "8"
    He says "died at venue" so 8 is correct.  This is what people do and get tons of views.  Put stupid coincidences together and BOOM!  Home made conspiracies!!!

8 and eyeballs.  And I always thought that Binaural was a picture of the Nebula...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,430
    seeing folks posting satanic references as well. 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    travis scott went to dave and busters after the show. this is before he found out people died, but still. if i witnessed a crowd surge and people injured the last thing i would do is go play video games. at least not until i knew people were going to be okay.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• travis scott went to dave and busters after the show. this is before he found out people died, but still. if i witnessed a crowd surge and people injured the last thing i would do is go play video games. at least not until i knew people were going to be okay.
    His crowds are like that every time though.  It's nothing new.  He encourages you to get rowdy.
  • mickeyrat said:
    Satan and the Illumanati go hand in hand.  It is one crazy rabbit hole to go down if you have time.

Rappers and Illumanati.

Enjoy.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

Yep.  Never taken a young one to an actual PJ show but ACL is safe for any age if you do it right.   In 2014 we were never within five feet of another human it felt like.  We owned the perimeter!   Plus those trees always give nice shade.  
  • As long as festival seating or general admission is allowed this shit will happen again...

Yep.  Never taken a young one to an actual PJ show but ACL is safe for any age if you do it right.   In 2014 we were never within five feet of another human it felt like.  We owned the perimeter!   Plus those trees always give nice shade.  
    I know your spot.  i was over there during the Replacements.  Lead singer says "Why I decided to wear black pants today is beyond me"
    Nine dead now...college student died

• DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    So sad.  Still can't believe the guys went back to playing these.  Hoping they figured they might as well take the money (because someone else will) and try to do something good with it.  They must pay extremely well, feels like the majority of recent tours have been planned around festival dates. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ozzy Man (for those of you who know him) did a good piece on this tragedy. 

See if this link works.
    https://youtu.be/jW5ZdyU6XoA
    the lawsuit is 2 billion dollars. holy cow.

mickeyrat said:
    satan only promotes black metal festivals and orgies. i guarantee he had nothing do to with this event.