Buying Ohana festival merch and Sea hear now merch

dfwradiogirliedfwradiogirlie Dallas, TX Posts: 15
I hate that they show everyone the Ohana Encore Sea Hear Now merch and there is no way to purchase it unless you are there. I know myself and others would LOVE to have a chance to buy some. The stuff I do find on ebay is way way overpriced. And why make it so limited? The band would make a lot of money for their foundations by allowing others who can't attend the event a chance to purchase merchandise. I am a SUPER HUGE collector of Pearl Jam merch-- I would have loved to have bought the outerknown Pearl Jam Ohana corduroy jacket but any that I see go up to almost $800. I dunno, it just sucks. You would think 10club analog members would get a chance to purchase the merch. I don't know, but it sucks. Anyone else agree with me? If you don't-- tell me why I am wrong. Paying to be an analog member should at least entitle you the chance to purchase limited items.

Comments

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,375
    edited November 2021
    No one is meant to have everything. That’s what makes collecting fun imo. They want people to feel compelled to buy tix to the shows and part of that equation is people having the chance to acquire limited edition stuff. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,362
    Unfortunately, this is how they want it. It makes everything worth a fortune, but impossible to get.

Buy some stuff you dont love, sell it, buy what you want on eBay. Thats what I do.

I paid $300 for a bat, and am looking for a sherpa jacket for $600 so im going to have to sell some Funko Pop Zombies or something. And the game continues.

• dfwradiogirliedfwradiogirlie Dallas, TX Posts: 15
    Pearl Jam has no issue selling tickets and merchandise-- They are one of the most popular bands on earth. Limited merch is all fine and good but NOTHING except maybe stickers are available to buy? come on. Look at the price of the stuff they are selling ebay-- Especially with the pandemic and the band not being able to play.. just seems crappy. And this is coming from a hardcore PJ fan who has no problem forking out the money for the expensive stuff-- but not everyone can.
  • Strange thing to be upset about. Go to the shows = get show specific stuff. I understand the frustration of limited edition stuff in the shop that is meant for everyone though. That will never make sense to me most of the time.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,498
    Which Ohana items are you after?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263
    I hate that they show everyone the Ohana Encore Sea Hear Now merch and there is no way to purchase it unless you are there. I know myself and others would LOVE to have a chance to buy some. The stuff I do find on ebay is way way overpriced. And why make it so limited? The band would make a lot of money for their foundations by allowing others who can't attend the event a chance to purchase merchandise. I am a SUPER HUGE collector of Pearl Jam merch-- I would have loved to have bought the outerknown Pearl Jam Ohana corduroy jacket but any that I see go up to almost $800. I dunno, it just sucks. You would think 10club analog members would get a chance to purchase the merch. I don't know, but it sucks. Anyone else agree with me? If you don't-- tell me why I am wrong. Paying to be an analog member should at least entitle you the chance to purchase limited items.
    Send an email to ten club and maybe to Mrtsurt too. Would be nice if they did a timed preorder like all the other major touring acts are doing. Would help prevent people buying 10,000$ of merch just to resale to fans on eBay. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,682

Strange thing to be upset about. Go to the shows = get show specific stuff. I understand the frustration of limited edition stuff in the shop that is meant for everyone though. That will never make sense to me most of the time.

And that is a bizarre thing that you said-- go to the shows- I would go. Totally not bitching about that, since the pandemic it has been chaos and  They haven't rescheduled their US tour and the Ohana festival was the first live show I can recall. So, yeah if I could go I would be there-- what state doesn't matter as long as I get good seats. In normal circumstances --totally understand- but with the pandemic, you would think that there would be an exception. But it is what it is

100 Pacer said:
    Which Ohana items are you after?
    2021 Ohana 2021 Pearl Jam Outerknown Jacket size L or XL and the 2021 Ohana Pearl Jam Outerknown crewneck 2021 Gigaton Sweatshirt either gray or blue size xl

I do have a pair of the Sea Hear Now Asbury Park 2021 size 34 unworn-- bought the wrong size. If anyone is looking for that item hit me up

demetrios said:

Love it! Rodney Dangerfield was one of the greats.
    sfrduder said:
    Send an email to ten club and maybe to Mrtsurt too. Would be nice if they did a timed preorder like all the other major touring acts are doing. Would help prevent people buying 10,000$ of merch just to resale to fans on eBay. 

I agree, they should put some stuff aside for Ten Club members. I will contact them, don't know if it will help or do any good but it's worth a shot
  • I fully get what the  o.p is saying. 
    I do not agree with the ethos you cant have  everything or go to the gig.
    What i believe is we all would like a chance thats all. 
    I dont buy anything anymore but i do like looking and dreaming. I hope you get what you wanted. 
    It's all been made ridiculous to even buy the one item you  may like.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    RS65573 said:
    Unfortunately, this is how they want it. It makes everything worth a fortune, but impossible to get.

Buy some stuff you dont love, sell it, buy what you want on eBay. Thats what I do.

I paid $300 for a bat, and am looking for a sherpa jacket for $600 so im going to have to sell some Funko Pop Zombies or something. And the game continues.

That is what I don't understand-- they could make a lot of money that could go to the various organizations and charities-- or they could just take it as profit. The whole thing is odd.
    I fully get what the  o.p is saying. 
    I do not agree with the ethos you cant have  everything or go to the gig.
    What i believe is we all would like a chance thats all. 
    I dont buy anything anymore but i do like looking and dreaming. I hope you get what you wanted. 
    It's all been made ridiculous to even buy the one item you  may like.

It really is-- which is odd considering they took on Ticketmaster for the little guy-- this definitely hurts your average joe's chances of obtaining merch

• Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    Something happened on day 2.

Everything was gone by 2pm and they lifted all the item limits - I feel like this was Tsurt’s version of creating “HypeBeast” culture with the merch.
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
    That is insane. I heard people were buying huge bags and took off-- I am pretty certain they are the ones selling the stuff at inflated prices.
  • sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263
    Something happened on day 2.

Everything was gone by 2pm and they lifted all the item limits - I feel like this was Tsurt’s version of creating “HypeBeast” culture with the merch.
    I think your on to something. I’ve never seen this with any other band