PJ 2022 Euro Tour: Opening acts?

raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
edited November 2021 in The Porch
Pixies already confirmed for Imola and Hyde Park (Night #1). Any word on other opening acts?

I hope for IDLES, Fontaines D.C., Shame, The Murder Capital, Sleaford Mods, Squid and Black Country, New Road. 
"I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
pearljamonline.it
Post edited by raindog80 on

Comments

• drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    Hopefully none. Would prefer “an evening with PJ”
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    The opening acts are always be good, maybe great, times on every PJ cool show. Just my 2 cents. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2021
    I've had to witness some uninteresting opening bands in my life kids,

but I think the idea of an opening band is cooler than "an evening with" so I will go with that option. Even if it affects the length of PJs set. 

But -- then PJ has the responsibility to have opening bands better than the Futureheads. STRIKE ONE PEARL JAM
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2021
    They should bring with them My Morning Jacket again. Maybe have them be like 35% of a co-headliner.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    If IDLES is confirmed, you all are in for a treat. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited November 2021
    Looks like White Reaper in Amsterdam, Zurich and Budapest per the various ticketing websites
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    Looks like White Reaper in Amsterdam, Zurich and Budapest per the various ticketing websites
    in 2020, but for 2022? 
    pearljamonline.it
    Which treat? 
    pearljamonline.it
    raindog80 said:
    Which treat? 
    This one. 

heavy metal art GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 427
    I'd like The Mysterines on the Hyde Park bill. 
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 

but I think the idea of an opening band is cooler than "an evening with" so I will go with that option. Even if it affects the length of PJs set. 

But -- then PJ has the responsibility to have opening bands better than the Futureheads. STRIKE ONE PEARL JAM
    Saw MMJ various times during the Avocado Tour: killer band. 
    pearljamonline.it
    then PJ has the responsibility to have opening bands better than the Futureheads. 
    Saw Futureheads back in 2007 with PJ and some times in 2005/2006. It was a great band in that years, now... ouch. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited November 2021
    No opening band and longer set > opening band and shorter set. I don't care who the opening band is. Of course exposure for the opening band and experience is a plus but as a selfish Pearl Jam fan thats what I would prefer every time. Now if they want to do 30+ songs every night still and have an opening band sure why not. I do not see that happening next tour though. 
    PJNB said:
    No opening band and longer set > opening band and shorter set. I don't care who the opening band is. Of course exposure for the opening band and experience is a plus but as a selfish Pearl Jam fan thats what I would prefer every time. Now if they want to do 30+ songs every night still and have an opening band sure why not. I do not see that happening next tour though. 
    I don't see them doing marathon level shows either. Could be wrong, but we might be entering into their Rolling Stones phase (one page setlists). 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Opening bands are fun for smaller shows, but they always bring my excitement down when I am waiting for legends 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • raindog80 said:

They opened my first ever PJ show in Verona 2006 and I was so stunned by how amazing they were that when the band I had traveled to italy for, Pearl Jam, walked out on stage it took me a moment to try to reset. 

MMJ is such a fucking great liveband.
    raindog80 said:

They opened my first ever PJ show in Verona 2006 and I was so stunned by how amazing they were that when the band I had traveled to italy for, Pearl Jam, walked out on stage it took me a moment to try to reset. 

MMJ is such a fucking great liveband.
    I'm with you. I was in Verona that day too! 
    pearljamonline.it
  • My 2 pence.
     I hate  opening  bands  only wolfmother were any good to me. 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Piss.

Was hoping for Captain Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    raindog80 said:
    in 2020, but for 2022? 
    Personally, would love it if Amsterdam got Pixies instead of White Reaper. Any ideas who is going to be supporting Hyde Park night 2?
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    JojoRice said:
    Piss.

The 60's originals or the current band from Illinois? 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    JojoRice said:
    Piss.

The 60's originals or the current band from Illinois? 
    Originals!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    edited November 2021
    ^ Maybe they can do a short NA tour instead. At their age they should be retired from their careers, so they should have some time on their hands.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    wouldnt mind plague vendor or the courettes
    danny d
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    raindog80 said:
    Pixies already confirmed for Imola and Hyde Park (Night #1). Any word on other opening acts?

I hope for IDLES, Fontaines D.C., Shame, The Murder Capital, Sleaford Mods, Squid and Black Country, New Road. 
    IDLES would be amazing
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I am looking forward to see the Pixies in London as the opener. I haven’t seen them live since they played the San Jose State University ball room for the Doolittle tour. 
  • EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 123
    edited November 2021
    mfc2006 said:
    raindog80 said:

IDLES would be amazing

I'd love to see IDLES too, but they will be touring Europe next summer with lots of festivals

Don't know if that fits with PJ tour dates

Post edited by EMC77 on
    raindog80 said:

IDLES! Shame! 
    pearljamonline.it
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    unfortunatelly only one idles support and 2 shame
    ...and we got white reaper for 8 shows .
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    unfortunatelly only one idles support and 2 shame
    ...and we got white reaper for 8 shows .
    ... and PIXIES in Imola & London. IDLES is my 2nd fav. band now. 
    pearljamonline.it