Options

Wolfmother...

London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
... opening at Barcelona!!! OH SWEET!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Yes indeed. Should be a good night that one :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    Yeah Nice, my two shows get My Morning Jacket though which seems good but I have really liked what I have heard from wolfmother.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    THey seem like they'd be a wicked opener.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    SchmaktSchmakt Charlotte Posts: 207
    And Arnhem too! I was soooo freakin' scared it was going to be MMJ again... I would have been PISSED. Now I'm stoked. :)
    2003-04-15: Raleigh, NC
    2003-04-16: Charlotte, NC
    2004-10-06: Asheville, NC
    2006-05-30: Washington, DC
    2006-08-29: Arnhem, The Netherlands
    2006-12-02: Honolulu, Hawaii
    2012-06-26: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    2012-09-22: Atlanta, GA
    2013-10-30: Charlotte, NC
    2014-01-19: Gold Coast, Australia
    2014-06-28: Stockholm, Sweden
    2014-06-29: Oslo, Norway
    2016-04-18: Hampton, VA
    2016-04-20: Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21: Columbia, SC
    2018-07-01: Prague, Czech Republic
    2018-07-03: Krakow, Poland
    2018-09-04: Boston, MA
    2020-07-15: Budapest, Hungary
    2020-07-17: Zurich, Switzerland
    2023-09-19: Austin, TX
  • Options
    offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    Schmakt wrote:
    And Arnhem too! I was soooo freakin' scared it was going to be MMJ again... I would have been PISSED. Now I'm stoked. :)

Why? MMJ is fantastic live....second best IMO
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Im really digging the new Wolfmother cd. I wish I had gotten to see them when they were at the Cats Cradle last month.
    Brian
  • Options
    wolfmother! damn, i wish they were at the shows i went to. I am seeing them in sept. though.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Wolfmother is on Leno tonight,.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Ok so I just watched these guys on Leno...pretty impressive. Can't quite put my finger on who they remind me of. Any help from anyone? Kinda driving me nuts!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    Ok so I just watched these guys on Leno...pretty impressive. Can't quite put my finger on who they remind me of. Any help from anyone? Kinda driving me nuts!

They sound a lot like The White Stripes meets At The Drive In/The Mars Volta IMO... although their guitar style is a lot like The Vynes (or Vines... not really sure on the spelling)
    "... are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?"

(State College, PA 05/03/03) (Hamilton-Ontario, 09/13/05) (E. Rutherford I, NJ 06/01/06) (Pittsburgh, PA 06/23/06) (Washington D.C. 06/22/08) (New York, NY 05/21/10) (Pittsburgh, PA 10/11/13) (Philadelphia, PA 04/29/16)
  • Options
    I was referring more to someone from the 70's-80's. I am SO not up on the music scene these last few years. It's all PJ all the time for me. Don't even listen to the radio much anymore.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    i LOVE wolfmother, the only problem i have is that when they are live his voice is less than par, but the record is absolutely amazing.
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    I was referring more to someone from the 70's-80's. I am SO not up on the music scene these last few years. It's all PJ all the time for me. Don't even listen to the radio much anymore.

I listened to the Wolfmother album for the first time today and the first thing I thought (in terms of 70's era influences) was how much the keyboards sounded like Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173

Led Zep!
  • Options
    London_Jam wrote:
    Led Zep!

That may very well be who it was. I did grow up on Led Zep so it's a definite possibility. As I said I was very impressed with their performance.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

• Options
    sammersammer Posts: 71
    in antwerp the support act is wolfmother
    in paris it will be my morning jacket
    and berlin it will be the black keys!

3 shows, 3 different support acts, 3 amazing bands!
    2006: antwerp, paris, berlin

2007: nijmegene werchter

2009: rotterdam

2010: nijmegen, berlin, arras, werchter
  • Options
    funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    The influences of Zeppelin and Deep Purple are unmistakable in Wolfmother. I also hear traces of the White Stripes. For some reason, I only just picked up the Wolfmother CD this week and I can't put it down. Their music gives me hope for the state of rock n' roll. I love these guys. If Pearl Jam ever make their way to eastern Canada again, they must bring these guys as an opening act. Hopefully, I can see these guys live someday.
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    maaaaaaaan, i hope they do dublin
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    Holy sweet rockin' music!!!!!!!!!!!

I just saw Wolfmother saturday at Lollapalooza ... frickin' awesome they were!!!!!! Totally blew me away and the crowd as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what an amazing rockin' night you are in for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't wait to hear about it!!! Please do let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    Wolfmother TOTALLY rocked Lolla. They were definitely one of my favorites this weekend.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    Wolfmother TOTALLY rocked Lolla. They were definitely one of my favorites this weekend.

Great weekend all in all!!!!

I was shocked when I read Greg Kotts review. He referred to Wolfmother as "Big Dumb Rock personified ... "! Then continued to smash the Flaming Lips as well. I was in the heart of both shows and the audience LOVED um' both. Age range was 13 to 50ish!!!!

Chicago has some really lackluster rock critics. I am 44 and am shocked at the reviews that come forth from Greg Kott & Jim DeRegotis. I hate bashing age as I am in the upper realm these days, but it is certainly time for some fresh rock critics in Chicago!

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/chi-kot-lollapalooza-story,0,3051608.story?coll=mmx-home_top_hedsh2o
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22