Jerry Cantrell 3rd Solo Album Brighten (out October 29, 2021)

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Really scratching my head about the Boggy Depot delay. I mean it's getting to ridiculous status at this point. I know plants are backed up, but they need to choose a new pressing plant as I have not had this MANY delays with any other record. It's been so long I keep forgetting I ordered it and wonder if it's lost in the mail. Nope just another delay...

I do find it odd, that given that it got removed from the website, that it keeps getting delayed.  IE if it was getting a 2nd pressing, wouldn't they still be selling copies?  It's almost like the oversold it, and the system is having issues.

Crossing my fingers it gets a repress.

I also don't think vinyl delays are uncommon.  It's crazy how many things are getting announced now, you have to preorder, but the vinyl doesn't ship until deep into 2022.  Bands have given up on the order it, wait for it to show up, then sell it model.

I think all pressing plants are backed up.   I guess that's the other challenge of vinyl.  As far as I know, no one makes new vinyl hardware anymore.  All plants have been created using existing hardware from when vinyl was popular the first time around.   Sometimes someone will find an old plan with a bunch of old machines, and restore them.. but I wonder how this is going to impact vinyl as it continues to escalate in popularity.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    comes out tonight! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    Solid album. A lot more Boggy Depot than Degradation Trip. Laid back and less dark and gloomy.
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^Agreed.  DT is actually my favorite of the three, but enjoying the new stuff all the same.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Can't wait to hear this!

When does the vinyl get released? 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan said:
    Can't wait to hear this!

When does the vinyl get released? 
    I think in December. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    First listen...
    www.cluthelee.com
    not that big on it after a few listens. hope it grows on me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

lot of country tones in the guitars on this record. and since I despise all things country.....
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I'm really enjoying it after a couple of listens, definitely got some more country tones, though not so far removed if you like AIC songs like Heaven Beside You or Over Now.  
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    edited November 2021
    I'm really enjoying it after a couple of listens, definitely got some more country tones, though not so far removed if you like AIC songs like Heaven Beside You or Over Now.  
    I thought the same. I'm really digging the album so far.

Jerry has a new interview on the Lipps Service with Scott Lipps podcast that was released yesterday 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/lipps-service-with-scott-lipps/id1440565435
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Great record, there's something comforting about hearing this style of music in 2021. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Yeah i dug it, little more mellow than Degradtion Trip (which is my fav solo album of his) but overall it was decent. Only listened to it once though.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Boggy Depot double black vinyl up in his shop. www.jerrycantrell.com 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    I saw him play at the Grammy Museum in LA on Thursday in their 200 capacity little theater.  It was the taping for the Livestream they’re doing in early December. It was their first time playing live since Dec of ‘19. It was hosted by Jeff Garlin (who was annoying as hell) and they did six songs (a couple of them twice) along with a five question Q&A. They didn’t have any vinyl that I saw but they did have signed velvet black light posters, signed CDs, and some other trinkets. He also stayed around and signed and took pics but we didn’t stay for that nightmare. 

• I saw him play at the Grammy Museum in LA on Thursday in their 200 capacity little theater.  It was the taping for the Livestream they’re doing in early December. It was their first time playing live since Dec of ‘19. It was hosted by Jeff Garlin (who was annoying as hell) and they did six songs (a couple of them twice) along with a five question Q&A. They didn’t have any vinyl that I saw but they did have signed velvet black light posters, signed CDs, and some other trinkets. He also stayed around and signed and took pics but we didn’t stay for that nightmare. 

Cool experience for you. But Jeff Garlin is awesome. 
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    I saw him play at the Grammy Museum in LA on Thursday in their 200 capacity little theater.  It was the taping for the Livestream they’re doing in early December. It was their first time playing live since Dec of ‘19. It was hosted by Jeff Garlin (who was annoying as hell) and they did six songs (a couple of them twice) along with a five question Q&A. They didn’t have any vinyl that I saw but they did have signed velvet black light posters, signed CDs, and some other trinkets. He also stayed around and signed and took pics but we didn’t stay for that nightmare. 

Oh, I love Garlin on Curb Your Enthusiasm but this was bad. Cantrell even looked annoyed a couple times. 
  • I saw him play at the Grammy Museum in LA on Thursday in their 200 capacity little theater.  It was the taping for the Livestream they’re doing in early December. It was their first time playing live since Dec of ‘19. It was hosted by Jeff Garlin (who was annoying as hell) and they did six songs (a couple of them twice) along with a five question Q&A. They didn’t have any vinyl that I saw but they did have signed velvet black light posters, signed CDs, and some other trinkets. He also stayed around and signed and took pics but we didn’t stay for that nightmare. 

Oh, I love Garlin on Curb Your Enthusiasm but this was bad. Cantrell even looked annoyed a couple times. 
    Everyone has an off night. Too bad 
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    buyer beware. waiting on my order from last december, my order is like 2 weeks from having a birthday
    buyer beware. waiting on my order from last december, my order is like 2 weeks from having a birthday
    from his official webstore?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    Was it a pre order when you bought it? It doesn’t look to be one now, just for sale. 
    from his official webstore?
    yes sir. it was a preorder, it was listed as black and dark green vinyl. i mentioned it earlier in this thread, made an order on December 12 of 2020.  Few weeks ago i tweeted (my first tweet) to the distributor and they responded.  they refunded my order and said it should be shipping out in a week and priority has been attached to my order, that was on october 22, 2021. still nothing, and now a new version comes out.  im about to make my second tweet, and it certainly wont be as friendly.  really dont mind waiting, although a year is ridiculous. it just the outright lies or promises that cant keep that piss me off.
  • I really like this album and have been listening to it a lot.  Hopefully more folks who make it to his run of shows chime in on their experience.  Wish I could get to one. 
    Thanksgiving miracle, just got shipping notification. All is right
    Same here!
  • ultrapigultrapig South Dakota Posts: 142
    Still waiting for my notification.
    Got my boggy depot shipping notification overnight. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited December 2021
    Edit
    Post edited by Yefa on
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    Got my boggy depot shipping notification overnight. 
    My order was shipped this morning on it's way from Riverside CA to Southern Illinois. Expected delivery 12/7. Also it is no longer showing in the store.