*** Marseille Fanviews Here 9/9 ***

124»

Comments

• Hi there,
    Thanks for sgaring pcs!!!

Can somebody tell me how to post the pictures. I'd love to share mine but it says: "You may NOT post attachments..."!!!

Thanks!

Ewa
  • blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    wow this was my first ever pj show and it was incredible
    i never realized it but Ed is like a spoung,e feeding off the crowd's and band's energy, i can't believe how much energy he put in the show! incredible!
    during "fucking up" HE GAVE ME ONE OF HIS TAMBOURINES!!!!
    awesome for a first show! well worth the wait
    i can't believe how generous this band is; staying there for 2h30, giving so much on stage.
    i met some very nice people there, they all turned into my bodygards when it was time to leave and i was clinging on to the tambourine.lol.
    thanks guys!

i love hearing stories like this! :-) lucky you!!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • it was great! it's that simple!
    it was also too warm to be honest specially after spending the whole show jumping everywhere!
    even the opening band (my morning jacket) was cool
    the setlist is perfect and we had a cool version of Black (with the crowd singin for almosy a minute after the song was finished)

can't wait to see them again
  • HEXHEX Posts: 221
    Angus wrote:
    I thought it was Stone who was playing the chords to Red Mosquito again (previous song) instead of Small Town and Ed making fun of Stone's mistake.

Anyway, I was totally expecting Bugs to close the show after all we've seen. I was a fucking hell of a 10-hour drive to Marseille, but I can't say I'm regretting it. What a setlist! :)

And I thought the crowd was very poor. I was like in 5th row, Mike's side and I was basically the only one cheering for Fatal, Off he goes, Red Mosquito, Down, ... I enjoyed it a lot. But it seems like most of the crowd didn't. And Eddie letting the crowd singing along to Even Flow. Sorry, but I didn't hear a thing.

And Marseille is the ugliest city I've ever seen.

What an amazing show !!!
    Not only the setlist and the very good sound and atmospheer. But I could hear the music and listen to the songs very well because the crowd surrounding me wasn't screaming and yelling and clapping all the time like previous shows this tour. I moved from the front rows (10C ticket) to the back of the floor where I had a good view, enough air to breathe and room to move. The crowd there were as much enjoying the show and cheering and singing to the songs as they were in the front rows. Without being pushed etc.
    Yes Marseille is a horrible city (Lisbon and Barcelona are great) but the Dome is a very good venue and the Marseillans are very nice people.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    very good setlist excellent infact... this is the first euro show I have purcahsed and its very impressive.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • I'm loving the bootleg, the best european show so far, in case of the setlist, is awesome!!!
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • I'm loving the boot also, you can really tell the crowd has a great vibe!
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • bookworm30 wrote:
    I'm loving the boot also, you can really tell the crowd has a great vibe!

yeah!! the way they sing the chorus if why go is awesome, really loud!! and the guy screaming eddie vedder is in almost every song!! lol.

• I know, and I love their French accents! It's awesome!
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • bookworm30 wrote:
    I know, and I love their French accents! It's awesome!

yeah!! it doesn't sound bad at all!! you gotta respect the guy for trying so hard to communicate to the crowd, like trying to speak spanish, is awesome the things he does for the fans!! :D

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    this is a kickass show! Great versions of all songs.... Red Mosquto is such a great song and Fuckin' up is out of this world. European shows have been incredible
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    good setlist but the crowd isn't really (if at all) into it, Ed fucked Fatal up big time. Just my 2 pesos.
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    fuckin' up a song big time would be eddie with his uke restarting Soon Forget 4984345 times.. I don't see where this big fuck up is in Fatal..

I love Long Road into Why Go.. mike fuckin rips on this version.. and well really the setlist is one of the best ive seen since grand rapids or albany
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • kerrang wrote:
    good setlist but the crowd isn't really (if at all) into it
    That's a pretty ridiculous statement there, buddy.
  • kerrang wrote:
    good setlist but the crowd isn't really (if at all) into it, Ed fucked Fatal up big time. Just my 2 pesos.

Because of course you were there were'nt you?

My favourite show and I was at Reading and Barcelona so I know what im talking about.

Fuck that! - I was there front row and im telling you now the place was rocking. When you looked back everyone was up and dancing away!

Did you not hear Alive? or Black... christ sake that song carried on even after the band stopped playing!!
  • 29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • by the way, this bootleg is excellent!
  • kerrang wrote:

Would have to disagree. I was at this show and trust me the crowd were excellent and very into it.
    I do find though that the crowd gets turned down on the boots, as after listening to it, it doesn't seem like the crowd is very lively.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • We did enjoyed!!!

Marseille was amazing...

RiffJam wrote:
    Absolutely incredible, best gig for me so far with an AWESOME setlist. Just when we thought they couldn't keep producing dream songs...they kept them coming. Highlights for me were "Whipping" "Glorified G" "Satan's Bed" "Off he Goes" AND "Fatal" (!!)

Crowd a bit rough in the middle but very nice atmosphere on Mike's side at the front and actually a great venue too, intimate and great sound.

Also thanks to all of you staying at the New Hotel Select - we had a fantastic time and you are a great bunch. A special big THANK YOU to Sid - if you're reading this, what can I say....I really appreciate what you did for me (you know what I'm talking about..)

Sid, Blake, Paolo and Marga - hope you enjoy Paris as much as Marseille!

A bientot!
  • Amazing setlist with mind-boggling highlights like Black and Even flow, overall good renditions of the avocado's best songs (a fast Severed Hand, a good WWS and a not that good Comatose), real surprises like the funky Dirty Frank near the end of the show and the cool version of Satan, and unexpected performances of Fatal and Down (remember that PJ has never been really successful in France, and that the best known songs are from Ten, so I was kinda taken by surprise to hear those two, Fatal being one I truly love).

The crowd was really cool, really mediterranean (I know this sounds like a cliché, but Marseille is the mother of all clichés :D at least the french ones). I had only been to Marseille a couple of times, but the people there are warm and open-minded and passionate and laid-back at the same time.

The venue was quite something: small and dirty, as ugly on the outside as it is cosy on the inside, it's really the perfect place for a good rock show (there had been a few before PJ: Slayer and Suicidal Tendencies for example if I remember correctly).

The city: well....Marseille is like....Well, honestly, there's no place like Marseille !!!

In a nutshell: energy from the band and the crowd, good songs, some rarities, a few words in french from Eddie, my best friend singing along with me. Thanks a lot PJ, for that fine nignt in Marseille.
  • I love hearing what everyone says about Marseille for the better and the worse !
    As for the Dome I have seen alot here since 1994 when I became an adopted member of this city.
    May I name a few : Coldplay - Bob Dylan - Santana - Page and Plant (really really really really something amazing for me !) - Eric Clapton .....not bad !
    Pearl jam come back !
    Amazing setlist with mind-boggling highlights like Black and Even flow, overall good renditions of the avocado's best songs (a fast Severed Hand, a good WWS and a not that good Comatose), real surprises like the funky Dirty Frank near the end of the show and the cool version of Satan, and unexpected performances of Fatal and Down (remember that PJ has never been really successful in France, and that the best known songs are from Ten, so I was kinda taken by surprise to hear those two, Fatal being one I truly love).

The crowd was really cool, really mediterranean (I know this sounds like a cliché, but Marseille is the mother of all clichés :D at least the french ones). I had only been to Marseille a couple of times, but the people there are warm and open-minded and passionate and laid-back at the same time.

The venue was quite something: small and dirty, as ugly on the outside as it is cosy on the inside, it's really the perfect place for a good rock show (there had been a few before PJ: Slayer and Suicidal Tendencies for example if I remember correctly).

The city: well....Marseille is like....Well, honestly, there's no place like Marseille !!!

In a nutshell: energy from the band and the crowd, good songs, some rarities, a few words in french from Eddie, my best friend singing along with me. Thanks a lot PJ, for that fine nignt in Marseille.
  • kerrang wrote:

Err excuse me - you obviously can't have been there cos the place rocked! Was there with my brother (London Jam) and and I think you'll agree we have the same opinion! It was AWESOME and I saw them in 2000 and at Reading! I never been to a gig like it and the set list was to die for!

And by the way - Ed fuck up? what?
    my god its been so long, never dreamed you'd return
    but now here you are, and here i am
  • skynetskynet Posts: 32
    redrock wrote:
    I'd love to see them but have you got them anywhere where I don't have to 'unrar' them?

finally

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rvm001/sets/72157594305962893/
  • skynet wrote:

Well worth the wait! Some quality pictures! Many thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!
    Astoria 20/4/06
    Reading 27/8/06
    Marseille 9/9/06
    Wembley Arena 18/6/07
    Nijmegen 28/6/07

Check out my PJ covers - http://www.youtube.com/wickedwkd
  • Err excuse me - you obviously can't have been there cos the place rocked! Was there with my brother (London Jam) and and I think you'll agree we have the same opinion! It was AWESOME and I saw them in 2000 and at Reading! I never been to a gig like it and the set list was to die for!

And by the way - Ed fuck up? what?

Agreed!! :D:D It was a rocking show
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • The European Tour is finished. I felt that i see one of the best show of PJ in UE.
    The Set List was well balanced like a perfect wine ! The 2 best album were played : Ten & Vitalogy around with Vs, No Code and the last Pearl Jam.
    The extra like Fatal, dirty Frank was perfect.

Just one word to PJ : again. Again the same show in France. I can't believe that they played just 6th live in France (7 with Paris 2006) !

I'm a fan since 1994 and I hope like many others french do not wait years for the next live.
    Why Go Home I'm still Alive