*** Sea.Hear.Now Festival Fanviews Here 9/18/21 ***

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    Two tidbits I haven’t see yet:

Lyric change in Seven O’clock: “Then we had Sitting Bullshit as our former fucking President.”

Ed did well with all Gigaton lyrics except for Never Destination. Later verses got mixed up and one ended in “na na na na na” for lack of any lyrics. 😂

Lyric change in Elderly Woman: “my god it’s been 3 years…”  
    Yes!! That was great.

• RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Go Animal said:
    Renfield said:

I was just going to write all that!😉 Beautiful review. I loved every minute of the concert (including DOTC opener). Glad they did it their way! 
    Damn right. Now let's collectively kick Covid's ASS, get MSG & Apollo back, add a 2nd night to the former, and rock out some more as soon as freakin' possible 🤘

Might there be more than 2 nights at MSG once rescheduled?! Do you think they will still do a show at the Apollo? I’ll take 3/4 nights at MSG with no Apollo show. I’m going to Ohana, leaving in the morning-very excited! 
    T-Bone 82 said:
    Amazing show. So good. 

Hate to be the Debbie downer but current status 4 days after show is:

- Headache
    - Congestion
    - Sneezing
    - Fatigue
    - low grade fever

I’m vaccinated so here is hoping that if this is COVID (test pending today) that it’s not so bad nor do I spread it to my immune-compromised wife!

We talked about it and figured since it was vax or negative test and outdoors that it wasn’t a bad bet. 

Of course, I could have gotten it elsewhere in which case I will feel AWFUL if I spread it at the show, unknowingly.

It’s really difficult to make these choices today in the current state of affairs. I don’t envy the band in the choices they make. There’s a risk with everything right now and you can’t live in a hole but you also can’t just go wild.

Brutal. But definitely a phenomenal show.
    @T-Bone 82  How are you feeling? Did you receive your tests results? Hoping all is OK. 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    edited September 2021
    Renfield said:
    Go Animal said:
    Renfield said:

I was just going to write all that!😉 Beautiful review. I loved every minute of the concert (including DOTC opener). Glad they did it their way! 
    Damn right. Now let's collectively kick Covid's ASS, get MSG & Apollo back, add a 2nd night to the former, and rock out some more as soon as freakin' possible 🤘

Might there be more than 2 nights at MSG once rescheduled?! Do you think they will still do a show at the Apollo? I’ll take 3/4 nights at MSG with no Apollo show. I’m going to Ohana, leaving in the morning-very excited! 
    I'd be down for a residency! And yeah, Apollo might be a ways off. But we can't really complain - it was a free show. It'll happen we all get out collective shit together.
    Have fun at Weekend One! I'll be there for the Encore, from Flawda to Cali🤘🤘
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

edited September 2021
    Go Animal said:
    Renfield said:
    Go Animal said:
    Renfield said:

I'd be down for a residency! And yeah, Apollo might be a ways off. But we can't really complain - it was a free show. It'll happen we all get out collective shit together.
    On my way to airport now =) My sister’s flight from Florida already departed! Enjoy Encore🤙
    Post edited by Renfield on
    Renfield said:
    Go Animal said:
    Renfield said:
    Go Animal said:
    Renfield said:

On my way to airport now =) My sister’s flight from Florida already departed! Enjoy Encore🤙
    Have fun!! I can’t wait to hear all about it 
  • Renfield said:
    T-Bone 82 said:
    Amazing show. So good. 

- Headache
    - Congestion
    - Sneezing
    - Fatigue
    - low grade fever

I’m vaccinated so here is hoping that if this is COVID (test pending today) that it’s not so bad nor do I spread it to my immune-compromised wife!

We talked about it and figured since it was vax or negative test and outdoors that it wasn’t a bad bet. 

Of course, I could have gotten it elsewhere in which case I will feel AWFUL if I spread it at the show, unknowingly.

It’s really difficult to make these choices today in the current state of affairs. I don’t envy the band in the choices they make. There’s a risk with everything right now and you can’t live in a hole but you also can’t just go wild.

@T-Bone 82  How are you feeling? Did you receive your tests results? Hoping all is OK. 
    Positive for COVID. 🤒😢 Literally just got the test results as I was about to respond.

And truly feel like garbage. Fever for the last 36 hours. Brutal headache. Can’t sleep. Minor cough. 

Thanks for asking and I appreciate your concern! Be careful out there. If this is what COVID feels like in a vaccinated person, I don’t want to know what it feels like in an unvaccinated person.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    T-Bone 82 said:
    Renfield said:
    T-Bone 82 said:
    Amazing show. So good. 

- Headache
    - Congestion
    - Sneezing
    - Fatigue
    - low grade fever

Positive for COVID. 🤒😢 Literally just got the test results as I was about to respond.

And truly feel like garbage. Fever for the last 36 hours. Brutal headache. Can’t sleep. Minor cough. 

Thanks for asking and I appreciate your concern! Be careful out there. If this is what COVID feels like in a vaccinated person, I don’t want to know what it feels like in an unvaccinated person.
    Hope you bounce back soon. Take care. 
  • PJNB said:
    T-Bone 82 said:
    Renfield said:
    T-Bone 82 said:
    Amazing show. So good. 

- Headache
    - Congestion
    - Sneezing
    - Fatigue
    - low grade fever

Hope you bounce back soon. Take care. 
    🙏🏼 
  • T-Bone, heal up and thanks for being frank with us. I really hope all the skeptics learn before it's too late. It is a weird time indeed.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
    edited September 2021
    T-Bone, get better & be well. If it just ends up being a handful out of 30k, consider us all blessed.
    To everyone else going to Ohana: I wore a mask 95% of the time at SHN. I feel great.
    Get a bottle, get a straw, stay hydrated, bring snacks, stay away from congested areas, wear a mask, wash your hands (yea I know it's airborne, but people sneeze on shit, so save your second-hand news), and just be smart. Be courteous, don't be a dick. You'll have a great time.
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• T-Bone 82 said:
    Renfield said:
    T-Bone 82 said:
    Amazing show. So good. 

- Headache
    - Congestion
    - Sneezing
    - Fatigue
    - low grade fever

Man this sucks shit. I am thinking of you  and hoping you  are well very fast. All the  way from  London  hydrate  and take zinc and multi  vits.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Go Animal said:
    T-Bone, get better & be well. If it just ends up being a handful out of 30k, consider us all blessed.
    To everyone else going to Ohana: I wore a mask 95% of the time at SHN. I feel great.
    Get a bottle, get a straw, stay hydrated, bring snacks, stay away from congested areas, wear a mask, wash your hands (yea I know it's airborne, but people sneeze on shit, so save your second-hand news), and just be smart. Be courteous, don't be a dick. You'll have a great time.
    Everyone take note of this! Wish I would have masked-up at SHN. I only did so when standing in line for the bathroom and when navigating through the dense crowd on the way out. Should have just worn it the whole time. I think it's fine to unmask outdoors but only when you have adequate separation. If you're shoulder-to-shoulder, mask up!!! Don't be dumb like ol' T-Bone.

PS - Feeling about 50% better this AM so I'm hoping the worst is behind me. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    T-Bone 82 said:
    Go Animal said:
    Everyone take note of this! Wish I would have masked-up at SHN. I only did so when standing in line for the bathroom and when navigating through the dense crowd on the way out. Should have just worn it the whole time. I think it's fine to unmask outdoors but only when you have adequate separation. If you're shoulder-to-shoulder, mask up!!! Don't be dumb like ol' T-Bone.

I behaved roughly the same you did.  But there were people wearing masks the entire time. And I never once saw mocking or anyone getting on their case or in their face. I didn't end up feeling symptoms but did test negative via at-home test. But I got lucky. I'd encourage people to wear a mask, face shield, mask/goggles or whatever. In hindsight, I dodged a bullet.

I hope you get better soon. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    T-Bone 82 said:
    Go Animal said:

Good to hear you are feeling better!!
  • OnWis97 said:
    T-Bone 82 said:
    Go Animal said:

I behaved roughly the same you did.  But there were people wearing masks the entire time. And I never once saw mocking or anyone getting on their case or in their face. I didn't end up feeling symptoms but did test negative via at-home test. But I got lucky. I'd encourage people to wear a mask, face shield, mask/goggles or whatever. In hindsight, I dodged a bullet.

I hope you get better soon. 
    Yeah, any big crowd you should just wear a mask no matter what until this is all fully under control. I don’t think wearing my mask would have diminished the experience at all and may have protected me from getting it or at least getting this sick from it.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    For anyone interested, at home COVID tests exist:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BinaxNOW-COVID-19-Antigen-Self-Test-2-Count/142089281

They have something like an 85% accuracy, so not perfect but still pretty good.  

Out of stock when I'm posting this, but they should be re-stocked and you may be able to find them elsewhere.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Go Animal said:
    I want to highlight the stay hydrated comment! A number of people passed out during the main set. You don’t want that to be you!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,468
    edited September 2021
    I tested positive too. Started having a headache, congested, and a mild cough on Tuesday (3 days after the show). I am vaxxed. Tested yesterday morning, woke up to a positive result.

Sucks cause now I will have to miss Ohana Weekend. Supposed to fly out to LA on Tuesday, and there’s literally no tests available in Northern Virginia that would get me a result by Tuesday (before my flight). I’m really fucking bummed.

Edit: was on Stones side, right in between the main stage and sound board (first set of speakers).
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    I tested positive too. Started having a headache, congested, and a mild cough on Tuesday (3 days after the show). I am vaxxed. Tested yesterday morning, woke up to a positive result.

Sucks cause now I will have to miss Ohana Weekend. Supposed to fly out to LA on Tuesday, and there’s literally no tests available in Northern Virginia that would get me a result by Tuesday (before my flight). I’m really fucking bummed.

Edit: was on Stones side, right in between the main stage and sound board (first set of speakers).
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you get better quick. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    edited September 2021

I’m so sorry man. At the minimum I hope you can get a refund.

Maybe you will test negative in time for encore?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • I tested positive too. Started having a headache, congested, and a mild cough on Tuesday (3 days after the show). I am vaxxed. Tested yesterday morning, woke up to a positive result.

Sorry to hear, my friend. Hope you get better soon. I’m on day 5 of symptoms and today feeling much better. Just congestion hanging around and taste / smell is totally gone still, which is just weird and annoying. But I think I’m losing weight due to lack of interest in food! 😂

In further shitty news, my wife tested positive today too and also has symptoms. Not a shock but I’d hoped she could avoid it once I started isolating from her on Tues. 

She’s immune-compromised so I’ll be watching her like a Hawk and get her to ER if things even appear to be going a bad direction. This concert was a big point of contention. She was sweet enough to tell me, “I think you should go. You need this right now,” but deep down I know it scared the crap out of her. There is no joy in this “I told you so,” moment for her.
    T-Bone 82 said:

Sorry to hear, my friend. Hope you get better soon. I’m on day 5 of symptoms and today feeling much better. Just congestion hanging around and taste / smell is totally gone still, which is just weird and annoying. But I think I’m losing weight due to lack of interest in food! 😂

In further shitty news, my wife tested positive today too and also has symptoms. Not a shock but I’d hoped she could avoid it once I started isolating from her on Tues. 

She’s immune-compromised so I’ll be watching her like a Hawk and get her to ER if things even appear to be going a bad direction. This concert was a big point of contention. She was sweet enough to tell me, “I think you should go. You need this right now,” but deep down I know it scared the crap out of her. There is no joy in this “I told you so,” moment for her.
    I am sorry to hear this. I hope both you and your wife have a speedy and safe recovery. I also hope you get your smell and taste back soon. Mine was gone for about 6 days and then slowly came back over the next week. I didn’t have Delta though. I had OG Covid. But I hope it follows the same recovery path for the both of you. 
  • GlowGirl said:
    T-Bone 82 said:

I am sorry to hear this. I hope both you and your wife have a speedy and safe recovery. I also hope you get your smell and taste back soon. Mine was gone for about 6 days and then slowly came back over the next week. I didn’t have Delta though. I had OG Covid. But I hope it follows the same recovery path for the both of you. 
    Thank you for the kind words! 🙏🏼 The PJ community is full of awesome people! #jamily
  • Fortunately, I don’t feel that bad. More frustrating than anything. TBone maybe we didn’t even get it at the show? Who knows? 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    GlowGirl said:
    T-Bone 82 said:

No taste no smell for months for me. And STILL over a year later, my taste is still off. 
  • Fortunately, I don’t feel that bad. More frustrating than anything. TBone maybe we didn’t even get it at the show? Who knows? 
    Yeah, there’s no way to know unless you’re certain you spent time with someone who had it. A lot of people I know had breakthrough cases in the last 2 weeks. 

All I know is that Pearl Jam 2022 tour will be the “Super Immunity Tour” and I’ll be at several shows!
    T-Bone 82 said:
    Go Animal said:

Hope you & your wife are doing well. And yep, it's all about knowing your surroundings. May the fates bless you with combined vaxxed antibodies, lol. Onward to the Encore, then '22!

edited September 2021
    Fortunately, I don’t feel that bad. More frustrating than anything. TBone maybe we didn’t even get it at the show? Who knows? 
    Inherently possible! I felt more at risk taking the A train to JFK. Cramped space, next to no masks, humid subway... I kept my head low, and partially buried in my shirt (masked). Feelin' alright now, but was stressing the trip home. Hope you're better.

Go Animal said:
    I want to highlight the stay hydrated comment! A number of people passed out during the main set. You don’t want that to be you!
    Ed noticed! And bless his damn heart for it. So many reasons to just keep drinking water. Hell, it was FREE (if you had a bottle, which I did). Then, if you have a good spot, you won't have to move! /rant B)