*** Sea.Hear.Now Festival Fanviews Here 9/18/21 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited September 2021 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Sea Hear Now Festival
Asbury Park, NJ
September 18, 2021

Set List
Band On Stage at 8:42
Band Off Stage at 10:44

Vocal quartet on My City Of Ruins is: Joshua Rivers, Jason Rogers, Michelle Rushing, Alexander White

01.  Dance Of The Clairvoyants-(live debut)
02. Quick Escape-(live debut)
03. Seven O’Clock-(live debut)
(Thanks Patty Smith.  Nervous about Covid and playing for the first time in three years.)
04. Corduroy
(introduces Josh Klinghoffer who is playing with the band on this tour)
05. Present Tense
06. Never Destination-(live debut)
07. Even Flow
(Feeling sad about the people we lost.  Mentions Charlie Watts and Norm Macdonald)
08. Wishlist (outro of song is Waiting on a Friend-Jagger, Richards.  played for 46 seconds.  Changes lyric to “wishing on a friend”. )   {{Mid song Ed stops to check on audience.  They pick up and finish the song}
09.  Superblood Wolfmoon-(live debut)
10. Red Mosquito (with Danny Clinch-harmonica)
11.  Daughter/WMA (plays WMA for 2:22)
12. Take The Long Way-(live debut)
13.  Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
14. Given To Fly
15. State Of Love And Trust
(Bruce Springsteen can tell a pretty good story+police ticket)
16. Better Man/People Have The Power-(Smith, Smith) Patty Smith cover.  People have the power lasts 1:31 seconds)
17.  Porch

Encore Break

18.  My City Of Ruins-(Springsteen) with vocal quartet
19.  Alive
20.  Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young) with Lenny Kaye

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thank you, John for the set list & notes. :)

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,468
    edited September 2021
    Can we talk about how the bottom of Ed’s beard is now white, so it looks like he has a mustache? He should rock the mustache 

Great to see them back, Ed sounded really good, he didn’t try to hit the high notes he no longer can. They finally slowed down Given to Fly and State just a tad. Crowd didn’t care about any new songs. I was about 20 rows of people in front of the sound board on Stone’s side, great view.

Highlights: Quick Escape, WMA tag, Red Mosquito, Waiting on a Friend transition, Superblood
    Quotes:
    - Ed before Small Town looking at Stone: “it’s been 3 years, do I count you in?”
    - Springsteen’s DUI talk
    - Wishlist: I wish I was the moon light shining off Mrs. Springsteen’s hood 

Three times a medic was needed around me because someone passed out. One of them got Ed’s attention. And then during Wishlist, Ed stops playing because someone on Mike’s side had an issue …I could only imagine what the band was thinking first show back.

I hope this was a good warm up and we get awesome set lists during Ohana Weekend!
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Tonight was a really fun show. Ed sounded fantastic and the band sounded tight.  Dotc as an opener was a complete dud.   Quick escape was amazing live, The outro jam is on the next level. Present tense, mosquito, gtf and porch were all highlights.  Gtf was definitely slowed down.  
    Overall a really great night with friends and my daughter loved her first show.  She almost lost it when elderly, which is her favorite song, was played. 

can’t wait for the tour.  Have fun at ohana.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    DOTC seemed kind of choppy (for lack of a better term).  After that, it was all terrific. The rest of the new songs were terrific and it was just really nice to see Mike put on a show during EvenFlow.

I  was way back and I think I am done with festivals.  It was kinda like a bar; loud conversations on all but the biggest hits.

Funny; I think I have been to four of the last six shows… but it just felt so long that it was just great to be back.  Good night.

As an aside, I enjoyed Lord Huron quite a bit.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Great time tonight. Hadn’t been to a festival in a very long time and was clearly a different vibe. Agreed that the new songs didn’t get the crowd going but I enjoyed hearing them. Superblood stood out to me as a solid live song. GTF was the top highlight of the night overall just for the energy in the crowd. Thought wishlist was a weird choice and when Ed stopped the song, it was clear that he forgot the words when they started up again. 

Just thrilling to see the band back and a cool setting too. 

(Enjoyed the Avettts also)
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    I had fun tonight. Half of Gigaton being debuted was my highlight. This was a long three years without the best live band on the planet. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    edited September 2021
    Wonderful time. So glad they are back.

1.Mike was just on point and shredding. 
    2. Ed sounded great.
    3. NE crowd didn't disappoint 
    4. Met awesome people up front
    5. Sad Light Years missed it after being penned in. One of faves yet to see live, was that close.
    6. Thought Gigaton went great. DoTC isn't the best opener but it was awesome for this show.
    7. Was nice to see them just rock out. I like the slow stuff but it felt like an energy release and was needed. Made me forget 8 hours of shifting on sand.
    8. Sand still sucks at least give the front 10 feet some flooring lol. 
    9. I need a massage
    10. When can I  buy the boot
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    edited September 2021
    It is beyond refreshing to see this post!  Long live rock and roll!  Who ever said?
    Post edited by wwsuicide on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    GTF definitely sounded a tad more normal.  
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    edited September 2021
    Had a great time! Band was clearly fresh and ready to play. Very happy it wasn’t a typical festival set of crowd pleasing hits. 

Gigaton songs sounded fantastic! 
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Does anyone know, whether this show will be available at nugs in the near future? Would love to listen to the new songs live. 
  • edited September 2021
    I'd have been happy with an extra long rendition of Bugs after all this time. But even after months of anticipation, this turned out to be better than one could have expected.

Gigaton songs sounded great live. Quick Escape into Seven O'clock was a dream. DotC was a bit of flat, but that's maybe because I've listened to the album so many times. Loved Present Tense and Red Mosquito.

Ed's voice seems frozen in time, and the other guys also seemed totally at ease. Just like old times.

On to Ohana!
    Post edited by LastStopOnTheWestCoastLine on
  • JoeyP21JoeyP21 Allentown, PA Posts: 179
    edited September 2021
    Fun show and day altogether. The moon over the ocean by the time the guys came on gave off a super cool vibe. New songs sounded great live! Pumped to get Red Mosquito for the first time! 

Anyone else think it was weird they paraded the band up along the beach on their bus just prior to them coming on? Were they doing this with all of the acts at the Surf Stage? 

Overall, great day/night! Great to be back to getting some shows in any capacity. 
    Post edited by JoeyP21 on
  • Absolute glorious day capped off by a stellar and very fun set by PJ. Agree with others, hearing live debuts of half of Gigaton my highlights (and Red Mosquito always a highlight for me.) Psyched we got a little snippet of People Have the Power too - always loved that cover (wonder if Patti was watching.) Would have loved River Cross but I’m sure I’ll get at Ohana. Crowd near me was great - a bunch of parents/kids losing their minds together was cool to watch (and some pretty brave parents for bringing little kids to a festival.)  I wish mine liked PJ!!  Total bluebird day in Asbury and Danny C. puts on a phenomenal festival. See you on the other coast.
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Wow. I’m exhausted and completely happy. After 3 yrs of no live PJ this show felt perfect to me. The Gigaton songs all sounded so good! I was near the front, Stone’s side. The people around me knew every lyric to every Gigaton song.  Such a fun time!  I thought DotC was a weird but perfect choice as festival opener and it sounded great.  But Quick Escape was next level!  Blew my mind honestly.  Every song was perfect to me and (as after every show) I’m filled with gratitude to my favorite band who brings me so much joy and happiness!  This will hold me over until we get a longer tour.  Nice to see PJ people too. 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,014
    I had a blast. Was prob the furthest back I’ve ever been at a Pearl Jam show and was totally fine with it. Was on the temp fence near the water. Funny when Ed’s bus flew by us 🤣

The moon, the waves crashing, the boats anchored up and the band sounding great was a beautiful thing.

Got into town around 5pm after parking a Mile away and walking the boardwalk prior to entering… really great weather and atmosphere

new songs were really well played. Looking forward to Ohana
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    edited September 2021
    Wasn’t there. Watched a stream but I have to ask… 7:00 at number 3 seemed to completely kill any energy that QE built. Did it feel that way?And all the all the older songs were 100% played at their normal tempo. It was very consciously done, I heard the tempo slow down when they started getting too fast. I’m also pretty sure I saw EV turn to MC and make a slow down gesture. Can’t remember which song though. I’m not a fan of Gigaton but they were obviously very excited to play the new ones. I think the setlist audibles were better to keep the crowd engaged. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I was very far in the back. Well behind the second set of speakers that they had set up. But it was amazing to finally see my favorite band after so long and finally hear some of the Gigaton songs live. 

All of the new songs sounded great. The rest of the setlist was very predictable, but the people around me in the back enjoyed that so it was great for the energy. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Wasn’t there. Watched a stream but I have to ask… 7:00 at number 3 seemed to completely kill any energy that QE built. Did it feel that way?And all the all the older songs were 100% played at their normal tempo. It was very consciously done, I heard the tempo slow down when they started getting too fast. I’m also pretty sure I saw EV turn to MC and make a slow down gesture. Can’t remember which song though. I’m not a fan of Gigaton but they were obviously very excited to play the new ones. I think the setlist audibles were better to keep the crowd engaged. 
    You would be correct in your assessment of 7:00's placement in the set.  
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Thought the new songs sounded incredible. Band sounded tight as hell, especially Mike. 

A bit disappointed that Bruce wasn’t there but an incredible version of My City of Ruins was just as good. 

Felt like the festival was well run. Have avoided it until this go round but they did a good job. As for the crowd, felt like over all a little bit of a dud. At least where I was stage left. 

Either way. So happy to see this band again after all this time and finally hear these bee songs. 

Can’t wait for Ohana
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    edited September 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

7 would/will be great in encore 1 full show
  • AN126064AN126064 Earth Posts: 64
    Loved it and loved the privilege of hearing the new songs debuted, especially fifteen minutes from home. 

My wife had predicted (I lost a bet lol) DoC as opener at the festival when she heard it. I thought Quick Escape and Super Blood Wolfmoon (especially with that beautiful moon over us) were awesome live and will be in the rotation for a long time. 

Present Tense and Red Mosquito killed it for me, so good to hear live again. All the classics were well played and not rushed as I’d feared. Stone was on fire and Mike shredded like the time off charged his fingers to full. 

I will say the “VIP” viewing area narrowed too much and after waiting ALL day toward the front of it and getting pushed in on starting with Avett fans, we gave up our awesome spot and dropped back and up to the boardwalk. Missed the PJ crowd etiquette sounds like GA was better. Ed had reason to be concerned the paramedics were busy helping people out on our side. 

Overall I’m just so glad to hear my favorite band again, and in my home area. Can’t wait for the rescheduled NA and European tours!! 

Enjoy in Dana Point!
    98 Camden, 98 E. Rutherford, 2000 Pittsburgh, 2000 Camden, 03 MSG, 03 Holmdel, 03 Camden, 05 Philly, 06 E. Rutherford, 06 Camden, 08 MSG2, 08 Camden, 09 Philly 1,2,3 (gave my ticket to 4 away for family obligation and kicking myself since), 10 Newark (my daughter's first show), 10 MSG1, 13 PIT, 13 BUF, 13 Barclays Center 1, 13 Philly 1, 13 Dallas, 15 NY Central Park (Global Citizen Fest, meh), 16 MSG 1 & 2, 16 Philly 2, 18 Amsterdam 1 (27 and counting!)
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

totally agree with you.  
  • AN126064AN126064 Earth Posts: 64
    I'd have been happy with an extra long rendition of Bugs after all this time. But even after months of anticipation, this turned out to be better than one could have expected.

Gigaton songs sounded great live. Quick Escape into Seven O'clock was a dream. DotC was a bit of flat, but that's maybe because I've listened to the album so many times. Loved Present Tense and Red Mosquito.

Ed's voice seems frozen in time, and the other guys also seemed totally at ease. Just like old times.

On to Ohana!
    I’d ALWAYS take an extra long rendition of Bugs! 👍🏻
    98 Camden, 98 E. Rutherford, 2000 Pittsburgh, 2000 Camden, 03 MSG, 03 Holmdel, 03 Camden, 05 Philly, 06 E. Rutherford, 06 Camden, 08 MSG2, 08 Camden, 09 Philly 1,2,3 (gave my ticket to 4 away for family obligation and kicking myself since), 10 Newark (my daughter's first show), 10 MSG1, 13 PIT, 13 BUF, 13 Barclays Center 1, 13 Philly 1, 13 Dallas, 15 NY Central Park (Global Citizen Fest, meh), 16 MSG 1 & 2, 16 Philly 2, 18 Amsterdam 1 (27 and counting!)
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    You forget how great this band is sometimes. I thought they sounded incredible. Red Mosquito was probably my fave but pretty much all were great.  Perfect weather and didn’t feel crowded where we stood.  Was about 100 yards back from the first set of mid speakers.

two downsides had nothing to do with the music, idiots standing at the steps to the boardwalk. Keep the steps clear people. And getting out of town trying to find an Uber was a clusterfuck.  None available and people all thru town just sitting around looking for one.  Finally hauled down a cab at about 1:00 am.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    pjhawks said:
    You forget how great this band is sometimes. I thought they sounded incredible. Red Mosquito was probably my fave but pretty much all were great.  Perfect weather and didn’t feel crowded where we stood.  Was about 100 yards back from the first set of mid speakers.

two downsides had nothing to do with the music, idiots standing at the steps to the boardwalk. Keep the steps clear people. And getting out of town trying to find an Uber was a clusterfuck.  None available and people all thru town just sitting around looking for one.  Finally hauled down a cab at about 1:00 am.
    Yeah we just walked back to our car, which luckily was only about a mile away. Definitely saw a lot of confused looking people along the way. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    7:00 is every bit as good live as I thought it would be. 

Especially when Ed’s voice does that soaring “ohhhHHHH” that leads into the closing.  

Retrograde would’ve been amazing. 
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    edited September 2021
    Was great to welcome them back after 3 years. I didn’t Mind doc opener. I guess I was just happy to be there after everything. 
    I just saw today that light years was crossed out. That makes sense because I was puzzled with wishlist after the Charlie and norm speech. Waiting on a friend was a treat (my 2nd one, anyone else at cincy ‘14?). 

I don’t think anyone could have reasonably expected Bruce it would have been a lot of work for him to get down there to guest on one song(isn’t he in the middle of his Broadway residency?), but city of ruins was a nice touch(although isn’t that song about Nyc?). 

Please don’t kill me for saying this but after doc, superblood wolf moon, and quick escape, you can keep the rest of gigaton for a while. Some of the other songs are okay for sure but not at the expense of the prior 5 albums. Correct me if I’m wrong but we didn’t get a single tune from lightning bolt, backspacer, avocado, riot act or binaural. Quick escape was the goods though !(we all knew it would). 

Also Ed spoke for about 2 songs worth of time. I’m not new around here so I get it I’m dumb to wish for less talking, but in a festival you wish we can reign it in a bit. Did Mike ever guess eds middle name?  Also Ed made the (dadish) joke they were calling the 2020 tour gig-a-ton, as in they were slated to play a ton of gigs. His other joke was his daughter is old enough to ask him for math help, and he said he’s very good with numbers. He knew the number, to call a tutor. 

Not a festival guy at all but I will say stealthy mounding up sand with your feet to give you a little raised platform was a nice treat. Sometimes at a ga show 2 inches makes a world of difference!

edit, I’m sorry I just read this and sounds like too much complaining and that’s bs. Thank you Ed stone Mike Matt Jeff for making this happen. Obviously there was so much great in those 2 hours and my life is more full because of them. I was writing like a petulant child comparing last night to 40 plus shows and expecting excellence, which we got, I was too focused on the outliers. I didn’t say things like “I’ll take even flow at every show and still enjoy it, because it rocks for me every time”. And that’s the truth. 
    Post edited by nycrats on
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Also I was around a few non PJ fans, young too, and it was great to see them take interest in the band and enjoy that. I’m usually a lot closer to the action and bunched in with diehards and makes me proud to see a new generation getting it. Gives me hope rock won’t fully die. 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

totally agree with you.  
    I agree that it would be great in an encore but I don’t see why it was a problem where it was.  The only clunker to me, was DOTC as an opener.  7 is my favorite Gigaton song, though so I am biased.

Given the mix of casual fans, maybe it would have been better to not wait until song 4 to play an older song, though.

As pumped as I was to get a half a dozen debuts, Corduroy did kind of make it feel real.

I really hope they are able to get a proper tour in next year. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    Had an incredible time! I feel so fortunate to have been at the first show back. It was a truly cathartic experience for me seeing them live again after all this time. I thought the Gigaton songs rocked, and I was glad to hear so many of them. The energy in my section (a row back from the rail, Mike’s side), was incredible.  Everyone seemed to know every word of the Gigaton songs and was screaming them out. It was a long day getting blasted by the sun for 8 plus hours on the beach, but it was great getting to hang out with all you awesome people all day! Was really happy they played seven o’clock, my favorite song from the album, and thought it sounded great live. Also, quick escape and SBWM totally rocked and I could see them becoming live staples. I also thought the slightly slowed down versions of the regular staples sounded great (present tense, corduroy, GTF), and the band as a whole sounded really tight. Highlights for me were the opening words of corduroy, the sing along during small town, red mosquito with Danny clinch, porch with Eddie pretending to climb the scaffolding, Mike’s shredding solo in even flow, and my city of ruins. Can’t wait to see what they have in store for Ohana encore in two weeks!