Options

Newcastle Show Pics

Man of the MinuteMan of the Minute Posts: 19
edited November 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Finally had a chance to upload some pics from the show everyone won't stop talking about!

These are from row 6 with a crappy P&S. Wish i could take in my DSLR!!!

Enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevebull/sets/72157594385614601/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Awesome photos!!!

Tried to get some myself, but my seats were too shitty :)
  • Options
    How the hell did you get your pics to come out that good? I couldnt get anything cause they were always wicked shakey and CRAP!
    www.myspace.com/allmankind
  • Options
    skgskg Posts: 5
    Ditto, awesome. Thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

A few things i've learned photographing bands with crappy cameras:

1. Don't use flash - it pisses people off and you lose the lighting effects.
    2. If not using flash the shutter speed will be longer, so you've gotta be as still as possible, this means stop jumping around! to keep it as still as possible use the viewfinder (if you've got one), rather than the screen, this allows you to keep it stiller, and not piss off people behind you as much from the light of the screen.
    3. Don't zoom if possible. The little lenses on these crappy cameras struggle enough with no zoom, the more you zoom in, the less light that gets in, meaning longer shutter speeds and more chance of blur.
    4. Take lots of photos. Heaps of these came out blurry, this was the 30 odd that came out ok.
  • Options
    These are awesome pics! Thanks for sharing!
    Eddie: "Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music."

Eddie: "There is a girl in the front and her shirt says 'F*CK ME EDDY'... well you'd have to spell my name right first."

Summerfest '95, Summerfest '06, BSB (1 & 2) '06, Wembley '07, Lollapalooza '07
  • Options
    darl77darl77 Posts: 33
    Brilliant photos thanks so much. I was at the first sydney show got a couple of good ones but they are awesome.
    I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm
    i'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired
    i will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind
    hey i won't change direction, and i won't change my mind
    how much difference does it make
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    hey you managed some pretty decent shots out of your P&S! I know exactly how you feel about wishin you could have your DSLR with you instead...I got my D100 in at the berlin show, and when they saw it they gave me grief for the rest of the evening...not that it kept from taking pictures though...i had way too good a spot!
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

A few things i've learned photographing bands with crappy cameras:

1. Don't use flash - it pisses people off and you lose the lighting effects.
    2. If not using flash the shutter speed will be longer, so you've gotta be as still as possible, this means stop jumping around! to keep it as still as possible use the viewfinder (if you've got one), rather than the screen, this allows you to keep it stiller, and not piss off people behind you as much from the light of the screen.
    3. Don't zoom if possible. The little lenses on these crappy cameras struggle enough with no zoom, the more you zoom in, the less light that gets in, meaning longer shutter speeds and more chance of blur.
    4. Take lots of photos. Heaps of these came out blurry, this was the 30 odd that came out ok.

great tips!... i took about 580 pics all up and got about 50 decent ones... only so much u can do with a little camera in the 7th row lol....
  • Options
    Hey those are faboulous !
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Some of the best group shots I've ever seen... even better than some of the professional ones lately..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    Very nice photos!
    The last few shows you guys have been getting some truly fantastic setlists!! ;)