Options

Bridge School Hotels...

newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I've been checking around....might try to make the trip out West....trying to figure out where most folks are staying......anybody booked hotel/motel yet??
Cheers,
NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    if a whole group is going, what about booking a couple small dorm rooms at a hostel?
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    a hostel? In the Bay Area? Hmmmm......I don't know about that......Just try using hotels.com or expedia.com......the Bridge Benefit is held in Mountain View, CA so use that city as a starting point.......

good luck.......
  • Options
    what day is pearl jam going on? i wouldnt want to get tix for the wrong day
    Recording Artist Coalition 2002, Irvine 6/2/03, Irvine 6/3/03, San Diego 6/5/03, San Diego 7/7/06, LA 7/9/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/01/09, LA 10/6/09, LA 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 11/24/13, Seattle 12/6/13
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    pretty sure they'll be playing both days, like in the past (not that i know any better than anyone else).
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I've been checking around....might try to make the trip out West....trying to figure out where most folks are staying......anybody booked hotel/motel yet??

I've reserved a room at the Pacific Hotel Lodge. This is where I stayed when I went to the 2001 Bridge School Benefit. It's a nice inexpensive hotel not too far from the airport and even closer to the venue.
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    I've reserved a room at the Pacific Hotel Lodge. This is where I stayed when I went to the 2001 Bridge School Benefit. It's a nice inexpensive hotel not too far from the airport and even closer to the venue.

I saw that one......are you flying form Columbus??
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Options
    bestwestern in mountain view...2 miles from shoreline - $90 a night
    Eddie: "Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music."

Eddie: "There is a girl in the front and her shirt says 'F*CK ME EDDY'... well you'd have to spell my name right first."

Summerfest '95, Summerfest '06, BSB (1 & 2) '06, Wembley '07, Lollapalooza '07
  • Options
    hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    Holiday Inn Express in downtown Mountain View.

Anyone staying at Hotel Avante?
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    My car... I'm a total bohemian.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I saw that one......are you flying form Columbus??

Flying out of Pittsburgh.
  • Options
    I just got a hotel for $43 on Priceline.com The Mountain View area is great for using Priceline because there are so many decent hotels within a 5 mile radius of the venue. My room is at the Homestead Extend Stay on El Camino Real. It's 3 miles from the venue. It's funny because I stayed there in July when we seen NIN. Also on a Priceline bid. The place is nice and they even have full kitchens. So check it out if you want a room for $43 that's decent and close to the venue. It's a better option than spending $75 on a room that you'll only be sleeping in.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    I would not recommend driving over the bridge back to Fremont after the concert... if you plan to have fun...
    Up the West Coast in 2006 and Hawaii++Santa Barbara, San Fran x 3, Portland, Gorge x2
    Chicago and Down the Coast in 2003
    Seattle 2005
    SF 2000, 2001, 2003--- oh or you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself
  • Options
    lastexit78 wrote:
    I just got a hotel for $43 on Priceline.com The Mountain View area is great for using Priceline because there are so many decent hotels within a 5 mile radius of the venue. My room is at the Homestead Extend Stay on El Camino Real. It's 3 miles from the venue. It's funny because I stayed there in July when we seen NIN. Also on a Priceline bid. The place is nice and they even have full kitchens. So check it out if you want a room for $43 that's decent and close to the venue. It's a better option than spending $75 on a room that you'll only be sleeping in.

agreed, extended stays are pretty awesome. i stayed in a few while on tour this summer. the kitchen thing is awesome. saves on restaurants and it's great if ur a vegan like me, heh
  • Options
    Try to get a rate at the Hotel Sofitel, I live on the Peninsual and will stay here just to get away, great pool, bar, rooms, food it is in Redwood Shores about 15 min from SFO and 30 min from Shoreline.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I know this is an old thread, but it's what I came up with when I searched. :( The title fits anyway. :D
    So, have any of you booked yet, or have any idea where you are staying. We haven't been since 99 so kind of forget. I just thought before I started searching and booking I'd check it out here. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    nice bump wolfie....:D

i'm wondering the same thing......i've thought about staying at the same place i've stayed the last 2 times i've gone.....it's about a mile from shoreline so i can walk to the show.....but if everybody is staying in one place in might stay there....:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    nice bump wolfie....:D

i'm wondering the same thing......i've thought about staying at the same place i've stayed the last 2 times i've gone.....it's about a mile from shoreline so i can walk to the show.....but if everybody is staying in one place in might stay there....:)
    I know the place we stayed in 99 was pretty far from the venue. We couldn't get a cab after the shows so ended up walking and it took us over an hour which is probably over 4 miles as we walk fast. It wasn't bad, in fact night two we actually enjoyed it as it was quite cool out. But I'm thinking there are probably closer hotels. :D Walking really works better as the parking lot was a disaster getting out. Where did you stay before? :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    I know the place we stayed in 99 was pretty far from the venue. We couldn't get a cab after the shows so ended up walking and it took us over an hour which is probably over 4 miles as we walk fast. It wasn't bad, in fact night two we actually enjoyed it as it was quite cool out. But I'm thinking there are probably closer hotels. :D Walking really works better as the parking lot was a disaster getting out. Where did you stay before? :)

the county inn i think is the name....it's the closest hotel to the venue.....it's nothing special but it's clean and quiet....and the walk isn't that bad....beats the hell out of trying to park.....:)
  • Options
    Thanks. I do agree on the parking. I remember that as being a disaster and being glad we didn't drive. Ditto on the cab service afterwards. On the first night we waited around for a cab for like an hour and then just decided just to walk. I think that's why night two wasn't so bad - we knew what to expect. :)
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Is it an easy/safe area to walk back from? I'm not going to Bridge but am going to Download the week before and prefer to walk to venues rather than dealing with a car. Do you have to cross an 8 lane highway or something? I've never been to California.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    Is it an easy/safe area to walk back from? I'm not going to Bridge but am going to Download the week before and prefer to walk to venues rather than dealing with a car. Do you have to cross an 8 lane highway or something? I've never been to California.

haha.....no it's not bad.....you do have to cross a 8 lane highway but it's over a wonderful overpass....:)....i think it's about a mile or so.....not a bad walk after a show....:)
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Thanks! I certainly don't mind a walk, just wanted to make sure it was basically safe, so thanks for answering :)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008