Sea. Hear. Now & Ohana Festival Covid-19 Updates

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited August 2021 in The Porch
Sea. Hear. Now & Ohana Festival Covid-19 Updates
News August 17 2021

Sea. Hear. Now. and Ohana Festivals have both updated their COVID-19 entrance protocols. 

Sea. Hear. Now.:

The festival is now requiring proof of vaccination upon entry of the festival which is set to take place Saturday, September 18th through Sunday, September 19th. 

For patrons who are unvaccinated, a negative COVID-19 test is required within 72 hours (3 days) of the festival. 

To learn more about the COVID-19 protocol for Sea. Hear. Now. click here.

Ohana Festival:

Ohana Festival is just around the corner. In order to attend the festival, you must be either fully vaccinated or provide a negative covid test within 72 hours (3 days) of the festival.

Ohana Weekend 1:

To be eligible for entry to Ohana Festival's first weekend, you must receive your final vaccination dose by Friday September 10th.

Three-day ticket holders must receive a negative test result from Thursday, September 23rd or Friday, September 24th to be honored on all three festival days.

Ohana Encore Weekend:

To be eligible for entry to Ohana's Encore Weekend, you must receive a first vaccine dose (Pfizer-bioNtech, Moderna, or single dose J&J) by Friday, August 27th and a second dose vaccine dose (Pfizer-bioNtech or Moderna) or single J&J shot by Friday, September 17th.

Two-day ticket holders must receive a negative test result from Wednesday, September 29th or Thursday, September 30th for their negative test result to be honored on both festival dates.

Sea.Hear.Now. ~ For More Information:

Questions:

Ohana ~ For More Information - Refer to HEALTH, SAFETY & SECURITY:

Questions:

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    edited August 2021
    NO vaccine exemption policies for children under 12 travelling with vaccinated caregivers.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Thanks for the update and thanks for putting these on in a safer manner! 
    edited August 2021
    Hey, NB, I noticed AztraZeneca doesn't count as a vaccine. I think this puts Hughfreaking out.

When they play Canada, wonder if our policies will include J&J...
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    tish said:
    Hey, NB, I noticed AztraZeneca doesn't count as a vaccine. I think this puts Hughfreaking out.

There is still time to get them all lol. It is unforunate that they are not allowing some vaccines to be accepted especially since it is not the efficacy that is in question. 
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    I have Astra, got the “best available” to me at the time. I’m not getting another vax at this point and truthfully find it unfair if I have to spend extra money to get a test to enter the fest, while double vaxed, simply because I have Astra. 
    Hopefully that vax is added to the acceptable list.
    edited August 2021
    Sorry double post
    Post edited by chitty on
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    can't assume, but I would think that this may have been an oversight by the festival not thinking off the top that attendeees are not just from US, imagine it would be fixable. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• chalonchalon Posts: 106
    edited August 2021
    If I'm reading the Ohana policy properly, I don't think they're saying it has to be one of those 3 -- they're saying that if you aren't vaccinated yet, you can still get one of the three that are available in the US in time for the festival.

I would imagine they'll accept any of the WHO-approved vaccines (which does include AZ), but it doesn't hurt to email them to double-check.
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    Is there any new information for EU/UK people who bought tickets and now can’t attend due to the US travel ban? Can’t seem to see anything.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    tish said:

J&J is an approved vaccine in Canada. It is accepted for crossing the border. 
    I got a response on Instagram from the festival, Astra will be accepted!
    edited August 2021
    ^ Oh, right, thanks kaw! And good news for you, Chitty!
  • Sorry I posted this elsewhere but looking for an a confirmation.

The sea hear now website says we have to bring a "printed copy" of our vaccination record. I am interpreting that to mean we ca make a photocopy of our card so we don't have to bring our original. Anyone else have different information?
  • verceman said:
    Sorry I posted this elsewhere but looking for an a confirmation.

The sea hear now website says we have to bring a "printed copy" of our vaccination record. I am interpreting that to mean we ca make a photocopy of our card so we don't have to bring our original. Anyone else have different information?
    For anyone else curious/paranoid like me, I received an email from the festival today saying a printed out copy of my card is fine.
  • Is there any word on mask requirements for the shuttles? I don’t see anything.  
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    Is there any word on mask requirements for the shuttles? I don’t see anything.  
    just take a mask...California requires masks on buses, trains, trolleys, etc. ....just take one
  • Is there any word on mask requirements for the shuttles? I don’t see anything.  
    just take a mask...California requires masks on buses, trains, trolleys, etc. ....just take one
    I am taking more than one. Between the airports,  flights, shuttles and at the festival itself, if it is crowded where I am standing, I will have a mask on quite a bit over the course of the weekend. 
  • 8.    WILL MASKS BE REQUIRED? ‍
    • Masks will be required on the shuttles to/from the festival.
    • Masks are recommended at the festival, but not required, per state guidelines. Complimentary masks will be available on site per request.
    https://www.ohanafest.com/information#health-safety-security
  • Thank you.
  • demetrios said:
    I am taking a couple of photocopies, one for each in case I lose one and have a photo of it on my phone. I would rather be over prepared, or as my wife calls it “obsessed “. 
  • Will just a picture on your phone (proof of vaccination) work? Or does a hard copy need to be provided? 

• TR15590 said:
    Will just a picture on your phone (proof of vaccination) work? Or does a hard copy need to be provided? 

Photo is fine.