Hulu

PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Has anyone signed up for this?

I signed up for a username and password for Hulu after someone at work told me about it a month ago. I just got my email notification that the site is up and running.

You can view clips or full episodes from various network shows.

Of course, you do have to sit through a few :15 second commercials but, for the most part, they have a lot of stuff that YouTube was forced to take down.

PBM
"We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    They actually have full-length movies now too...granted, it's the edited version of The Breakfast Club...but nevertheless.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    dammit, US only :(
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I just got access yesterday. Pretty nice service so far.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Nine Perfect Strangers is good
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Is this the Hulu Live or the basic service?

We had Hulu live for awhile.  It was OK.  I felt like the interface was terrible.  We switched to Youtube TV and thought it was a few clicks better at a similar price point.  We ended up ditching that too as 95% of what we watch is on Netflix or various Apps we have a password to.
    basic....I still have DirectV for live.  Not sure why I haven't killed it yet

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • I have been watching a show called Reservation Dogs. The writers, directors, crew and cast are primarily Native American. It has some funny moments, but it also has a lot to say about life on a reservation and the struggles that Native Americans deal with every day.  
    I have been watching a show called Reservation Dogs. The writers, directors, crew and cast are primarily Native American. It has some funny moments, but it also has a lot to say about life on a reservation and the struggles that Native Americans deal with every day.  
    I've seen that listed and will check it out.  

I've heard that Only Murders in the Building is good.  

What we do in the Shadows is hilarious

• I have been watching a show called Reservation Dogs. The writers, directors, crew and cast are primarily Native American. It has some funny moments, but it also has a lot to say about life on a reservation and the struggles that Native Americans deal with every day.  

I plan on checking it out. Anything with Steve Martin and Martin Short is worth a try. I will have to look into What we do in the shadows. 
    I have been watching a show called Reservation Dogs. The writers, directors, crew and cast are primarily Native American. It has some funny moments, but it also has a lot to say about life on a reservation and the struggles that Native Americans deal with every day.  

I plan on checking it out. Anything with Steve Martin and Martin Short is worth a try. I will have to look into What we do in the shadows. 
    It's hilarious

It's hilarious
    I watched the first two episodes of What We Do in the Shadows. It is really funny. I loved Matt Berry in the IT Crowd. I am going to start over so my wife can watch it too. Thanks for the recommendation.
    The energy vampire guy cracks me up.

• The energy vampire guy cracks me up.
    Colin is great. The scene at the council meeting where he is so aroused that he says he can't stand up at the moment to leave was hilarious.  
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I watched the first episode of The Premise last night.

Pretty good stuff from B.J. Novak.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:

I saw he made a new show, need to check that out.
    Dave is all finished by now, right?  So I can binge it?
    How did you like this season?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Dave had a pretty strong sophomore season. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:

Awesome, thanks.  Look forward to having crazy Dave and GaTa laughs.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    dankind said:

With episode titles "Social Justice Sex Tape" and "Butt Plug," I'd say The Premise has promise.
    dankind said:

Awesome, thanks.  Look forward to having crazy Dave and GaTa laughs.
    I will say it's not quite as funny as the first season; it's way more deeply twisted, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Hulu Live is raising it's price next month ... they are forcing you to buy Disney+ subscription where it used to be an option to add for an additional cost.  The Mouse must have needed to increase their Disney+ subscriber base for its shareholders.  I have to admit, it is pretty ingenious way to cover all the money they wasted .... just force people to pay for it whether they want it or not.

Probably going to check out Youtube TV and see how it compares.  Most likely going back to bunny ears in the spring ....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Last time Hulu Live increased, I bailed for Youtube TV.  It was alright, but I found that we watch other stuff about 95% of the time.  

I was able to score my father in law's cable password, so now I live off those apps and HBO Max if I need it.  Also have Netflix and Prime.  I have Hulu/ESPN+/Disney+ that come with my Verizon cellphone service.  Its everything i need for 10 lifetimes.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I only kept it for The Handmaid’s Tale. Cancelled effective a couple weeks from now. 
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    edited November 2021
    hedonist said:
    I only kept it for The Handmaid’s Tale. Cancelled effective a couple weeks from now. 
    Post edited by cblock4life on
    Received an email the other day stating my Hulu+live/Disney+/ESPN+ bundle rate is set to decrease starting next month! Only 3 bucks, but still. :open_mouth:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Dopesick..  
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thanks to those who mentioned Dopesick. Started watching last night; plan to finish prior to Hulu’s end (in our home, that is).
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Nine Perfect Strangers is good
    my wife watched that and loved it. I watched a few episodes with her. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    edited November 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    Dopesick..   girl

https://youtu.be/fKZwQicxFrw

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Watched first 2 episodes of S2 of Only Murders in the Building. Nice to have the team back together. Funny shit.
    Watched the first one last night. 

Rapaport!!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM