Live On 4 Legs Episodes - Reaction To Running

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    One of my very first CD bootlegs that I bought on the internet. My all-time favorite Alive solo. Eddie's voice seems a little coarse throughout so I don't listen to it much these days. But I played the hell out of it in 1999. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
    This week’s episode is Pittsburgh 2013, the LBolt tour opener that set the tone for the big year of shows. Many tour debuts at this one and a Pittsburgh Pirate player gets to live his dream joining the band on stage. If this sounds like good listening material for your day, you can check it out here or download/subscribe on any other podcast platform that suits your listening needs:

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
    edited July 2021
    We’re a little bit late to the punch on a fresh episode this week, but we wanted to get something ready for our usual Wednesday time slot. What we did is we released an episode to our regular platforms that has been exclusive to our Patreon. If you haven’t heard about our live evolution series, what we do is take the origin of a song from when it was debuted live and go throughout the years to pinpoint the big moments and how it’s grown and changed. It’s great insight into their live history.

a normal episode featuring Springfield 1994 will be out by the end of the week

The episode we’re releasing from the vault is on Alive. It was the third one we’ve done from way back in 2019, so there are dated references, but the story is what counts. If you listen and enjoy this, the other episodes (In My Tree, Immortality, RVM, Release, Present Tense, Footsteps, Hard To Imagine just to name a few) are on our Patreon, you can donate $1 a month for access to it all

No idea why the plug in isn’t working with this one, so may I recommend subscribing through Apple or Spotify if you want to listen!

Post edited by Sobelberg8 on
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

And now, the actual weekly episode! We dive into 1994 to cover Springfield which happened directly after the famous Atlanta show. It may be known as the other time Out Of My Mind was played in 94, but it also has a very rare, and brand new Spin The Black Circle closing out the show. Listen here or Apple or Spotify (please work this time embedded link)

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    A Pioneer Valley Classic. #413

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • CD15999CD15999 Posts: 92

• FastrichieFastrichie Sandy Hook, CT Posts: 915
    CD15999 said:

This might be a dumb question!!! Is this pic from the Springfield show? This was my first PJ show. Would love to get a scan of it if thats possible!

04/06/94 Springfield, 04/17/94 NYC, 10/02/96 Hartford, 11/14/97 Oakland, 09/08/98 NJ, 09/10/98 MSG, 09/11/98 MSG, 09/13/98 Hartford, 08/24/00 Jones Beach, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 04/30/03 Uniondale, 07/08/03 MSG, 07/09/03 MSG, 09/28/04 Boston, 10/01/05 Borgata, 10/03/05 Philly, 05/13/06 Hartford 05/25/06 Boston, 06/01/06 NJ, 06/03/06 NJ, 08/05/07 Chicago, 06/24/08 MSG, 06/25/08 MSG, 06/27/08 Hartford, 06/30/08 Mansfield, 07/01/08 The Beacon, 08/21/09 Toronto, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 05/15/2010 Hartford, 05/17/2010 Boston, 05/20/2010 MSG, 05/21/2010 MSG, Montreal 09/07/2011, Philly 09/01/2012, Wrigley 07/19-20,2013, Worcester 10/16/13, Brooklyn 10/18, Brooklyn 10/19/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Ed Sullivan 09/23/2015, Central Park 09/26/2015 Philly 04/29/2016. MSG 05/01/2016, MSG 05/02/2016, Fenway 08/05/2016, Fenway 08/07/2016, Brooklyn 04/07/2017, Seattle 08/08/2018, Seattle 08/10/2018, Chicago 08/20/2018, Fenway 09/02/2018, Fenway 09/04/2018, Asbury Park 09/18/2021, Apollo Theater 09/10/2022, MSG 09/11/2022, Camden 09/14/2022

Next one up, we take on the Lollapalooza 92 tour. Something we haven’t done yet but have been meaning to do. Little hints of Hard To Imagine at this show as well as some very solid Porch antics. Enjoy.

Alright this one is a bit dysfunctional, we don’t get Ed at his best. After a tech handed him an out of tune acoustic during Sirens, he seemed to carry some negative energy throughout the rest of the night. It was worth looking back though. Here’s where you can listen:

This is one of the most important shows in the history of the band. It was great to talk about, so I don’t want to ruin some of the talking points. But coming off of a tragedy that almost derailed them as a band, this show is significant for being the end of this chapter. Alive’s appearance for the first time since the European tour gave the band a strength that they took going forward into the next era to make them one of the absolute premiere legacy rock acts.

Boston 2010 is today’s new episode. Get an opportunity to talk about a lot of songs we don’t usually get a chance to like Undone, Sad, Rival and Push Me, Pull Me. We’ll also get into a Backspacer conversation about why certain songs stuck around after the era and others didn’t. Available here and any pod platform:

In celebration of the 30th anniversary this week, we’ve decided to cover the Philly show. It was only appropriate for the time. We will have more this week, a release of the Munich, Germany 1992 episode on Friday that I can drop here. 

Before you ignore this completely, tomorrow is our Concertpedia reveal launch. Back in January we broke ground on what we hope to be the follow up to Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick. We’ll have concert reviews from the tour years 2018 thru 2015 filling in the void since those sites discontinued. 

The launch will be held over a zoom party and will feature live music celebrating both Ten and No Code, plus Steven Hyden will come chat about his new PJ book set to release next fall. If interested in coming (starts 9 pm est) please PM or send an email - liveon4legspodcast@gmail.com - you’ll need a link in order to get in.

ok, here’s the episode: 

• It’s the 10th anniversary of the 20th anniversary during the band’s 30th year anniversary! For this week and next, we’ll spend it celebrating one of the biggest weekend’s in the history of Pearl Jam reliving and reminiscing about PJ20. I was there, it was my 6th and 7th show respectively and in this episode I’ll talk a lot about the culture shock traveling from a comfort zone in suburban Connecticut to this rural, Midwestern area that I knew nothing about. From not being able to get milk in my coffee to witnessing rifles sold at the front counter of a Wal-Mart. It gets a bit whiney and preachy, and the rain delays didn’t enhance any enjoyment I had attempted to grasp onto that day. It’s a long one, but we’ll worth it:

dont forget to check out our brand new PJ Concertpedia page! Http://liveon4legs.com

• I was there and it was a great, great weekend. So memorable. So many highlights. Just a perfect weekend. I had so much fun. 

But...we've got to talk about the decision to play Arms Aloft as the second song. I guess even the best make mistakes sometimes. If Eddie Vedder is the Michael Jordan of creating setlists, then this was equivalent to Michael Jordan dribbling off his foot, tripping over untied shoelaces, and faceplanting into the nachos and cheese of someone sitting courtside. There was so much anticipation. We all gathered in this one place to celebrate 20 years of the band. The rightfully open with Release, just drawing us all in more. And then.....crickets as they play Arms Aloft (which is a fun cover, but not in that spot). If they played Animal, Hail Hail, or Go in that spot....the place would've exploded. So I guess it's good that they didn't because an explosion of that magnitude might've killed us all. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    edited September 2021
    I was there and it was a great, great weekend. So memorable. So many highlights. Just a perfect weekend. I had so much fun. 

But...we've got to talk about the decision to play Arms Aloft as the second song. I guess even the best make mistakes sometimes. If Eddie Vedder is the Michael Jordan of creating setlists, then this was equivalent to Michael Jordan dribbling off his foot, tripping over untied shoelaces, and faceplanting into the nachos and cheese of someone sitting courtside. There was so much anticipation. We all gathered in this one place to celebrate 20 years of the band. The rightfully open with Release, just drawing us all in more. And then.....crickets as they play Arms Aloft (which is a fun cover, but not in that spot). If they played Animal, Hail Hail, or Go in that spot....the place would've exploded. So I guess it's good that they didn't because an explosion of that magnitude might've killed us all. 
    Can you believe that CORDUROY of all songs wasn’t played at all that weekend? Yes, that’s as a major major missed opportunity and a pretty good talking point in the episode. How do you not play Corduroy after Release there? Btw, I was willing to die in the explosion, I would’ve volunteered to

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    edited September 2021
    Looking forward to listening to this.

It was such a fun weekend. My bandmate/friend, Chris aka @2-feign-reluctance & I drove up with our wives to play some tunes at the preparty. So many great memories from that night and the 2 days that followed. It is insane that they still have not released any bootlegs of these shows.

Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited September 2021
    I was there and it was a great, great weekend. So memorable. So many highlights. Just a perfect weekend. I had so much fun. 

Can you believe that CORDUROY of all songs wasn’t played at all that weekend? Yes, that’s as a major major missed opportunity and a pretty good talking point in the episode. How do you not play Corduroy after Release there? Btw, I was willing to die in the explosion, I would’ve volunteered to

Yeah I didn't notice that at the time but Corduroy is definitely a glaring omission. Because there's no official bootleg (for whatever reason), I guess this is one of the only shows I go on memory for, as I haven't really listened to the audience boot since it first began circulating. Though, I did find some soundboards of a few songs. Not even sure where I found them or where they're sourced from. But I have soundboard mp3s of the Temple of the Dog reunion on night one, Habit, and of course, In The Moonlight and All Night from the Tenclub single. 

And yes, dying from a Pearl Jamgasm explosion at their anniversary festival would be a fitting way for me to go out.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Night 1 was last week, left it off with a bit of a cliffhanger, but night 2 is clearly the big one from this weekend. We talk a bit about the side stage performances and the guests who played alongside the band during this show. Also how some of the band’s most important stories are subtlety retold on this night.

liveon4legs.com

• This week we’ll discuss this sort of forgotten show from Key Arena right after the release of Riot Act. We’ll discuss the earliest versions of these album tracks. Also, we’ll get into a discussion about The Ramones after Ed inducted them into the RRHOF that year.

visit http://liveon4legs.com for Concertpedia and great content related to SHN this weekend.

• Let’s celebrate 25 years of No Code with this killer show that kind of kicked off the touring year.

• Here’s one I bet most of you remember fondly. Today is the 25th anniversary of the second night at Randall’s Island. 32 songs, lots of insane mosh pits and what was for a lot of people their first live experience of Pearl Jam. Especially New Yorkers. We pay homage to all of that this week, listen in to get the best of the show

• A lot of Backspacer debuts on this episode, which leads to many comparisons to how the Gigaton songs may be used in the future. What’s gonna be the Unthought Known or Amongst The Waves, or hell, even the Johnny Guitar of Gigaton?

• New one, it’s a festival show. Festival shows can be difficult to cover sometimes if they aren’t popularized for something.

• Seriously though, is anyone actually checking this thread or is it irrelevant because I’m not complaining about a poster or asking the band to play Timbuktu?

here’s Hartford:

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    Seriously though, is anyone actually checking this thread or is it irrelevant because I’m not complaining about a poster or asking the band to play Timbuktu?

here’s Hartford:

This was my first Pearl Jam show, looking forward to listening. 
  • Seriously though, is anyone actually checking this thread or is it irrelevant because I’m not complaining about a poster or asking the band to play Timbuktu?

here’s Hartford:

And now I’m having a better day! Hope you enjoy my rational love for this cities shows

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    Seriously though, is anyone actually checking this thread or is it irrelevant because I’m not complaining about a poster or asking the band to play Timbuktu?

here’s Hartford:

And now I’m having a better day! Hope you enjoy my rational love for this cities shows
    I share in the affection for the Hartford shows, I saw '98, '10 & '13 and they some of my favorites, w/ '13 being my all time. 

here’s Hartford:

I share in the affection for the Hartford shows, I saw '98, '10 & '13 and they some of my favorites, w/ '13 being my all time. 
    13 is in my top 3, and I’ve seen some shit. My wishlist popped in on PJ Radio yesterday randomly as a repeat and I opened with Last Exit from that show, with specific details that the crowd reaction that followed remained in for all to marvel at

• 1998 hartford was also my first show.  ‘13 was one of the best shows ive seen in my 50 plus shows. 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    ‘13 Hartford is one of my all-time favorites. Didn’t even know I was going until the day of. I was having a rare slow day at work so bought a ticket behind the stage last minute that morning and decided to go. I left the office at 2 and hit so much traffic it took me 5 hours to get there from NJ and I barely made the show. Was totally worth it though. One of the best, if not the best, crowds I’ve ever seen at a PJ show. Ed kept remarking on just how amazing the crowd was several times throughout the show. Highlights for me were long road, sometimes, last exit, immorality, the entire 1st encore, and the amazing fuckin’ up into indifference ending. Incredible experience that I will never forget.