bring it on cause I'm no victim.
-Ghost
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    a poet wrote:
    Who's getting excited!!!!!!

ummmm it's all about pittsburg, man
  • Me, me, me!!! I'll be at both shows. Can't wait for BOTH PJ & Petty!
    East Troy 6/98
    Minneapolis 6/98
    St. Paul 6/03
    St. Paul 6/06

http://www.myspace.com/strangesttribe
  • pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    13 days bitches!!! woo hoo!!!
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • This should be a terrific concert. I hope Eddie joins Petty on stage for a couple.
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    Go Twins. :D
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Hell yeah excited....obsessed even! Told my husband...hope I dont embarass you but Im fuckin lettin go!!!
    "Got all these questions
    Dont know who I can even ask"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Anyone coming to the pre party?
  • Anyone coming to the pre party?

What time does it start? Ive got to work until 4:30.....ish

Never mind found it....damnit!
    "Got all these questions
    Dont know who I can even ask"
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Absolutely can't wait for these shows. I don't get why people were ragging on them, who cares if Pearl Jam gets a little less stage time? They're playing with Tom Petty! I think Pearl Jam will do something special for the St. Paul shows to make everyone who turned down the opportunity to go say "Man I wish I went to the two shows in St. Paul."
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
    I agree! The people worried about sharing seating with Petty fans need to remember the 10C has ALWAYS looked out for us. Let's not forget how much they appreciate their fans! AND how much we love them! They will be special shows and I'm sure worth the extra money we all spent!
  • I leave in 11 days! Damn this really snuck up on me..

=)
  • I am very excited. though I am going alone.. so looking to hang with some other cool fans.
    boston: 7/91, 8/92, 4/94, 9/98(x2), 8/00(x2), 7/03(x3), 9/04(x2), 5/06(x2).
    augusta: 9/96
    montreal: 9/05
    hartford: 5/06
    St. Paul: 6/06
    las vegas: 7/06
    I am very excited. though I am going alone.. so looking to hang with some other cool fans.

Come to the pre party it is 2 blocks from the venue! Promise it will be fun!
  • pjjaxpjjax Posts: 23
    Hey speaking of St Pauls, does anyone St Paulians know where are some good hotels in close distance of the Xcel Center? I'll be a first time visitor and need somewhere to rest the head after one awesome nite of PJ!! Thanks..
  • leadbedr10leadbedr10 Posts: 409
    gleemonex wrote:
    Absolutely can't wait for these shows. I don't get why people were ragging on them, who cares if Pearl Jam gets a little less stage time? They're playing with Tom Petty! I think Pearl Jam will do something special for the St. Paul shows to make everyone who turned down the opportunity to go say "Man I wish I went to the two shows in St. Paul."

This is exactly why I want to go...
    pjjax wrote:
    Hey speaking of St Pauls, does anyone St Paulians know where are some good hotels in close distance of the Xcel Center? I'll be a first time visitor and need somewhere to rest the head after one awesome nite of PJ!! Thanks..

Check out the pre party thread listed on page 1 and with the link for McGoverns you should be able to do a search for hotels from there. There are quite a few right in the area. Depends on how much you want to spend.
  • VoncasterVoncaster Posts: 29
    I can't wait for Saint Paul II.
    2023-09-02 St. Paul, MN
    2023-08-31 St. Paul, MN
    2018-08-08 Seattle, WA
    2016-08-20 Chicago, IL - Wrigley 1
    2014-10-19 St.Paul, MN
    2010-05-03 Kansas City, MO
    2009-08-24 Chicago, IL
    2008-06-25 New York, NY
    2007-08-05 Chicago, IL
    2006-06-26 St. Paul, MN
    2003-06-16 St. Paul, MN
    2000-08-10 East Troy, WI - The Ice Bowl
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis, MN
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I have a feeling the second night will top the first. Seemed to go like that for the entire first leg.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
    gleemonex wrote:
    I have a feeling the second night will top the first. Seemed to go like that for the entire first leg.

Well I could only afford tix for one night so I chose the second. All in all though it will be the first time I've seen PJ in 3 years (almost to the day)...so I'm looking forward to it no matter what.
    2023-09-02 St. Paul, MN
    2023-08-31 St. Paul, MN
    2018-08-08 Seattle, WA
    2014-10-19 St.Paul, MN
    2009-08-24 Chicago, IL
    2008-06-25 New York, NY
    2007-08-05 Chicago, IL
    2006-06-26 St. Paul, MN
    2003-06-16 St. Paul, MN
  • Wont back down..they must play that song together. PJ played it in Missoula 2003~
    It doesnt hurt.... when I bleed
    but memories...they eat me
    I've seen it all before,...
    bring it on cause I'm no victim.
    -Ghost
  • pjjaxpjjax Posts: 23
    Check out the pre party thread listed on page 1 and with the link for McGoverns you should be able to do a search for hotels from there. There are quite a few right in the area. Depends on how much you want to spend.

Thanks that helped a bunch!
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    I can't wait. Should be a great show.

We're getting to StP on Sunday. What's there to see and do around the area? It's been years since I was up there. And that time I went to see the North Stars.

Oh, and don't tell me to go to the Maul of America... ;)
  • go2theshowgo2theshow Posts: 79
    gleemonex wrote:

Better go to both nights just to be safe!
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    I'm sooooooo excited!!!! I tend to get headaches when I'm really fired up about something and I've had a killer one all day today. Headaches brought on by PJ show excitement.......good times. :D
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
    jamestr wrote:
    I can't wait. Should be a great show.

We're getting to StP on Sunday. What's there to see and do around the area? It's been years since I was up there. And that time I went to see the North Stars.

Oh, and don't tell me to go to the Maul of America... ;)

I would recommend checking out the Walker Art Museum (modern) or the Minneapolis Institute of Arts (traditional). Both are excellent but I personally prefer the Walker. The Science Museum in St.Paul has a really cool exhibit on the human body...though I've heard tix are hard to come by.

Or if you're more the sports type besure to check out the Twins in the worst ballpark in the majors!
    2023-09-02 St. Paul, MN
    2023-08-31 St. Paul, MN
    2018-08-08 Seattle, WA
    2014-10-19 St.Paul, MN
    2009-08-24 Chicago, IL
    2008-06-25 New York, NY
    2007-08-05 Chicago, IL
    2006-06-26 St. Paul, MN
    2003-06-16 St. Paul, MN
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    is there any way they can cancel the shows before these and just move the St. Paul shows up a few days? I'm getting anxious.
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • BAM5555BAM5555 Posts: 9
    uh, i was excited to go now i ahve a bad taste in my mouth after having seen two HALF PJ sets with some hour long breaks before returning to watch tom petty wait for people to clap for him after every song.......huuuuhhhhhhhh
    had to get that off my chest
    BAM
    <

Groundwork '01
    Fargo '03
    St.Paul '03
    Winnipeg '05
    St.Paul '06 x2
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    Thanks for needlessly bumping this thread to whine just one more time about how they sucked for you.

We saw your thoughts in the two threads about the shows. You got that shit off your chest there. You want to do it some more, do it in those threads.
  • BAM5555BAM5555 Posts: 9
    i thot it was a good idea to bump the thread to see if people were still super stoked about the St. Paul shows afterwards, in the same thread ya jackass

and im not whinning, i am expressing myself
    lol
    BAM
    <

Groundwork '01
    Fargo '03
    St.Paul '03
    Winnipeg '05
    St.Paul '06 x2