Options

Education

jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Recently I've been listening to this song a lot and it is really growing on me. Have they really played this song live a lot, it doesn't seem to be on any setlists this tour.
6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    They've never played it live.

BUT THEY SHOULD.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    AndySlash wrote:
    They've never played it live.

BUT THEY SHOULD.
    I'll second that.
  • Options
    jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
    wow i didnt know they never played it live not even once. PJ can definetely play this song live and get good crowd reaction, it is a great song.
    6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'll second that.

And I will third it. I kept hoping for it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    jaygreen12 wrote:
    Recently I've been listening to this song a lot and it is really growing on me. Have they really played this song live a lot, it doesn't seem to be on any setlists this tour.

i've always loved this song.. they play Sad so much and i think songs like these on Lost Dogs and even In the moonlight are much much better..
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    And I will third it. I kept hoping for it.

a big number 4 here!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    pj1023pj1023 Posts: 47
    i like education alot needs to be played live!!

whats everyones feelings about Hold On from lost dogs i think it is an amazing song very underrated
    Shows
    Pittsburgh- (4/26/03)
    Pittsburgh w/ Stones- (9/28/06)
    Cleveland- (5/20/06)
    Pittsburgh- (6/23/06)
    Cincy- (6/24/06)
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    jaygreen12 wrote:
    Now this is a timely post....

I was just listening to Education today...first time in a while and was just loving the middle eastern groove to it.

And the line "I'm questioning my education....is my education who I am now?"

Nice.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    i got the CD lost dogs. and this was one of the songs that got me into pearl jam. unfortunatly they never played it before. :( hopefully when they come back to philly they will play it :)
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Education is a great song and should be played live!

Not sure when, but I believe it was soundchecked this tour.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    NotMikeNotMike Posts: 27
    Yes! There are a number of songs from Lost Dogs that need to be played live, and Education is at the top of the list for sure.
    "I think I'm cool." - Stone Gossard.
  • Options
    r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    NotMike wrote:
    Yes! There are a number of songs from Lost Dogs that need to be played live, and Education is at the top of the list for sure.

Right behind All Night!!!!!
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • Options
    This song is WEAK IMO. Not much about it. Sounds too much like no way.
  • Options
    pj1023 wrote:
    i like education alot needs to be played live!!

whats everyones feelings about Hold On from lost dogs i think it is an amazing song very underrated

I love that song and am still hoping they bust it out eventually. How'd it get left off of Vs.?
    8/18/98 - East Lansing * 8/23/98 - Auburn Hills * 8/20/00 - Cincinnati * 8/21/00 - Columbus* 10/7/00 Auburn Hills* 4/25/03 - Cleveland *
    4/26/03 - Pittsburgh * 6/26/03 - Clarkston * 6/28/03 - Toronto * 10/2/04 - Toledo * 9/12/05 - London * 5/19/06 - Grand Rapids * 5/22/06 * Auburn Hills
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Maybe it's too sexy for them to play live. If I was in the audience and hearing it live I would move my hips like dancing to the rumba. ;)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    One Of My Favorite Songs!!!
    See you @: Camden I, Camden II & MSG II
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I would love to hear this live.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"