Options

SF2, SF3 Observations

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sonic Youth sucks because they don't play them on the radio! Ha! That's funny!
  • Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    On Tuesday we sat behind a handicapped section. It seemed some in the section were capable of sitting in regular seats. I don't know how they determine eligibility for those seats but by looking at the guy in front of me all it takes is a pair of crutches and a cheap neoprene knee sleeve.

for better or for worse this was an ALL GA show and even handicap seats were up for grabs. They tried to deter able bodied people from sitting in them by not putting chairs in most and asked able bodied people to move if handicap people needed the space but they were definitely all up for grabs for the whole night. My friend and I sat in one on top of the balcony all 3 nights and it was like our private box section. had to steal some chairs from security guards to sit down until the show started, shared the box with someone with crutches one night and his friends, all able bodied the other 2 nights making space for a wheel chair person that apparently only stopped in for like 4 minutes on night 3 before leaving.
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 377
    As we were sitting on the floor waiting for SY a guy sitting a couple rows in front of us had a hole puncher fall out of his pocket. He made some stupid joke about it to the people around him . It pissed me off but what was I to do. Anyone else see this guy or anyone else with a hole puncher? It did explain a little bit why the 10C line was so long.

the difference in the 10C tickets wasn't only that they were hole punched. the 10C tickets said B-BAND at the top where the other ones said ADULT. i think quite a few people tried to hole punch, but we saw a lot of people being turned away when they got to the front of the line, so i'm guessing it didn't work, not for everyone who tried anyway.
  • Options
    Nakedeye66Nakedeye66 Posts: 94
    Both were great for different reasons. I would rate them a tie .... SY was painful to listen to and when you are standing it is even more painful. It was much of the reason why we moved to the balcony for Tuesday ... Did I say SY sucked? ... On Tuesday we sat behind a handicapped section. It seemed some in the section were capable of sitting in regular seats. Did I mention SY sucked. Just a bunch of noise. I put in earplugs just for them on Tuesday. Using a drumstick on a guitar, you have to be kidding? No wonder I have never heard them on the radio.

It's hard to give you any credibility. First, I come from an older generation that is highly thankful for bands like Sonic Youth, without whom doors would have never opened, and inspiration never born, for bands like Pearl Jam and their Seattle bretheren. Second, if you are judging musical quality by what's "on the radio", I wouldn't admit that publicly ... at least not if you want people to give any credence to what you say. Third, as someone with 2 kids and whose wife has pretty much retired as a concert-goer, what on earth is your pregnant wife doing at a show? Hey, if she wants to I guess that's cool, but do you really expect a venue full of music fans to adjust their concert-going experience to accomodate this decision? Fourth, I have no problem for those who prefer to sit down at a show. Yet I have a big problem if you expect others to do the same at your behest. If you want to plop on your ass, go for it, but reasonably expect that you will forego to visual experience to soak in only the audio. But others needn't be required similarly limit their experience to please the inamimate ones.

Haven't yet heard SF2 yet, but SF3 is superb. But had I read your comments earlier, I probably wouldve refrained from buying both on the assumption that nothing you said could possibly be accurate. Are you one of those who thinks PJ "disappeared" for a decade and is currently engaged in a "comeback" of sorts?
  • Options
    pjnuttpjnutt Posts: 25
    I had surgery to replace a torn ACL/MCL in my knee and didn't ask for any special treatment when I attended the show 3 days later. Never sat down while PJ was playing, only during encore breaks. I've never had so much fun being in so much pain before in my life. Let people do what they want to do, sit/stand/sing/laugh/cry, it's Pearl Jam and this band means many different things to so many different people.

Long live the JAM

PjNutt
    9/29/96 NY 8/18/98 EL,MI 8/23/98 Palace,MI 9/8/98 E.Ruth,NJ 9/10&9/11 MSG,NY 8/20/00 Cin,OH 8/21/00 Cbus,OH 10/7/00 Aub Hills,MI 4/25/03 Clev,OH 4/26/03 Piits,PA 6/18/03 Chic,IL 6/21/03 E.Troy,WI 6/25/03&6/26 Clarks,MI 10/2/04 Toledo,OH 10/3/04 GR,MI 9/12/05 London,ON 5/19/06 GR,MI 5/22/06 Palace,MI
  • Options
    BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    pjnutt wrote:
    I had surgery to replace a torn ACL/MCL in my knee and didn't ask for any special treatment when I attended the show 3 days later. Never sat down while PJ was playing, only during encore breaks. I've never had so much fun being in so much pain before in my life. Let people do what they want to do, sit/stand/sing/laugh/cry, it's Pearl Jam and this band means many different things to so many different people.

I should clarify - I don't have a problem with people who need the handicapped section using it, or if they stand or their companions stand or whatever. I chose to sit in the row behind them and so if I can't see, that's my problem for sitting there. My problem was that the handicapped section wasn't filled up, so goofballs who wandered by were just stopping there because it seemed like a great place to stand with an uninterrupted view, and they would pile up 6 people deep - then I actually watched more than one person in a wheelchair roll up, find no spot because of the goons standing there, and have to roll away to try and find another spot. It was especially bad during Ed's pre-set.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    booradleybooradley Posts: 42
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    SOMEONE TOLD ME TO SIT sat night

i said fuck off lol

the guards came and i was like i flew 5000 miles and paid the same money ,,its an all G A show i will do as i please and the guards let me be that is that

I hear that. I was on the floor, but I would have the same attitude if someone told me to sit down.