Limp Bizkit

mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
edited August 2021 in Other Music
Just saw LB at Lollapalooza over the weekend with a group of buddies. We all liked them back in the day (not ashamed, we all did) and were laughing at going to see them play. Holy shit....as cringe as they can be sometimes, they absolutely brought the heat. Wondering if anybody was there or saw their set on YouTube. Also, Daddy Durst is a total vibe. 

Edit: Significant Other still slaps. Fight me. 
Milwaukee 2014
MSG 2016 1&2
Wrigley 2016 1&2
Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
London 2018 1
Wrigley 2018 1&2
St. Louis 2020

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I saw them in what must have been 1995 at a festival (X Fest) in Indianapolis.  They were on a second stage there and just blew everyone away.

Their first album didn't come out until 1997 so they were unknown around here.  I remember thinking that they deserved to be on the main stage.  We were watching from near the rear of the crowd but I remember the pit being pretty insane.

But yeah....Significant Other was in heavy rotation in my CD player.  Still love that album
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    edited August 2021
    I saw them in what must have been 1995 at a festival (X Fest) in Indianapolis.  They were on a second stage there and just blew everyone away.

Their first album didn't come out until 1997 so they were unknown around here.  I remember thinking that they deserved to be on the main stage.  We were watching from near the rear of the crowd but I remember the pit being pretty insane.

But yeah....Significant Other was in heavy rotation in my CD player.  Still love that album
    Totally. Very impressed with their live show. Also, first time I've been in a mosh pit like that since RATM 2008. Godamn those are fun. Makes me wish I had been old enough to mosh to some of those early PJ sets. 

Question: when did mosh pits disappear from PJ shows? After Roskilde 2000? I ask because I see you've been going to PJ shows since 98'.
    Post edited by mschostok on
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    They were amazing at Lollapalooza this year.  

Love him or hate him but Fred Durst knows how to command a crowd.  He had a massive crowd made up of today’s generation of kids going nuts.  

“Break Stuff” still rocks.  
    mschostok said:

Totally. Very impressed with their live show. Also, first time I've been in a mosh pit like that since RATM 2008. Godamn those are fun. Makes me wish I had been old enough to mosh to some of those early PJ sets. 

Question: when did mosh pits disappear from PJ shows? After Roskilde 2000? I ask because I see you've been going to PJ shows since 98'.
    There was GA at the Fenway and Wrigley shows.  A true mosh pit could certainly develop in those but everyone is packed in too tight and we're too damn old.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    Results may vary is actually a really good album and a lot less angry then Significant Other, which also still holds up to this day
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,396
    mschostok said:

There was GA at the Fenway and Wrigley shows.  A true mosh pit could certainly develop in those but everyone is packed in too tight and we're too damn old.
    There wasn't GA at Fenway, at least not in '16. I don't think there was GA there in '18 either. 

Saw LB open for Faith No More in September of '97... while I was never really a fan, Counterfeit and the cover of Faith f'ing rocked. 

I saw them the following summer at Lollapalooza as well, and agree they were pretty impressive live. They had a cool sound, but Durst's voice & style were just too much for me. I could never really get into them. 

While I wasn't there, the guerilla show in Boston was a pretty cool too... certainly not an original concept, but any band who does something like that gets some of my respect.  
    edited August 2021
    mschostok said:

There wasn't GA at Fenway, at least not in '16. I don't think there was GA there in '18 either. 

ok but there was at Wrigley...so that is likely a venue decision rather than PJ but I could be wrong

mschostok said:

ok but there was at Wrigley...so that is likely a venue decision rather than PJ but I could be wrong
    I would agree with the assumption that it was a venue decision... I can't see why the band would have GA at one ballpark only, especially considering they brought it back for the '13 & '14 US arena tours, and if I'm not mistaken, I think the spring '16 tour had GA as well. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Saw LB on the tour they did with Eminem in 2000-2001?!? About half through the evening the security must have said “fuck it.” I remember people pouring out of the reserved seats on to the already packed GA floor, my brother and roommate being among them. Pretty wild. 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I remember seeing them back in like 98/99 when it was LB, Kid Rock, and Staind opened for them. My buddy was a huge fan. It was a great show. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    edited August 2021
    Love the introduction to a Limp Bizkit show lesson that Fred gave the kids at Lollaplooza last week.   :lol:    
    “Get Up!  Get the ____ UP!!!”  

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    Love the introduction to a Limp Bizkit show lesson that Fred gave the kids at Lollaplooza last week.   :lol:    

That's Ministry's "Thieves" Borland is playing at the beginning, right?  Great song.  

"We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    Tonight's show in Asbury Park has been cancelled (no reason as of yet)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    rrivers said:

That's Ministry's "Thieves" Borland is playing at the beginning, right?  Great song.  

Dude it was insane. I was with a group of friends who barely knew of LB (we’re 27 and 28) and they were blown away. So fun, sick crowd. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    mschostok said:
    rrivers said:

Dude it was insane. I was with a group of friends who barely knew of LB (we’re 27 and 28) and they were blown away. So fun, sick crowd. 

They've been covering Thieves since they started playing back in the late 90's
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    It’s covid related.  Someone in their crew apparently.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,259
    What a surprise lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited August 2021
    What a surprise lol 
    How is it a surprise?  Fred was praising the vaccinated at Lollaplooza.  
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    Tour cancelled 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited August 2021
    mschostok said:
    Just saw LB at Lollapalooza over the weekend with a group of buddies. We all liked them back in the day (not ashamed, we all did) and were laughing at going to see them play. Holy shit....as cringe as they can be sometimes, they absolutely brought the heat. Wondering if anybody was there or saw their set on YouTube. Also, Daddy Durst is a total vibe. 

Edit: Significant Other still slaps. Fight me. 
    Fred Durst getting up to rap with Christina Aguilera at a MTV awards show is one of my most cherished memories from the days of watching MTV all day long. Hehe.

Him just popping up, then dropping the mic and leave was... cool... I bet I would still consider it pretty cool if I rewatched it. Hehe.

https://youtu.be/tujqsQkZ-ok
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Fred Durst for President! =);):oB)
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    would have loved to see them 
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Looking forward to this. 

MSG!!!???
    there’s no way that sells. Right? I remember FNM tried to do a show there and ended up having to move it to the theater at MSG. 
    Typical Mike Patton humor. He said something like “Welcome to the worlds greatest arena MSG!!!  Well kind of. Welcome to The basement of msg”. 
    They had a really good set at Lollapalooza.  
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    I went to the opening show last night in Tampa. It was so much fun, and the band sounded great. They played pretty much all of their hits, but the set was probably only 75-80 minutes. They knew we were all reliving our youth, and played to the crowd. Fred kept in that costume the whole time, and they all seemed to have a good time, DJ Lethal especially.

There was a buzz/feeling on the floor of everybody wanting to get in on a mosh pit, but no one wanting to actually be the one to start it. If you are on the fence about going, I'd recommend you make the event if you are a fan. One of my favorite shows I've been to in a while.