Betterman w/ Save it for Later tag

verdumverdum Posts: 11
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hello everybody,

A friend of mine is looking for a 2006 concert which includes the Betterman-tag Save it for Later. (he heard my bootleg from State College, Penn state and is crazy about that song - I've seen his goose bumps when listening to it :-) ) I'm helping him out, and so far it seems like the San Diego and LA II shows are the only ones that have it - do anyone of you have an opinion on which of those two have the better version? (possibly comparing them to the State college version).

in advance, thanks! :-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RonForchetteRonForchette Posts: 175
    San Diego, the whole show is great. Download now, you won't be sorry.
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    By far....San Diego. That's where you get the full Save It For Later treatment.

Plus it's a brilliant show all the way round.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    alright, admit it, your the one who likes betterman. there really is no friend, is there. ;)
    tacos
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Milwaukee I has a great SIFL tag, but the whole show doesnt stack up against the other two. LA2's tag is a little short too.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • thesheffthesheff Posts: 59
    chicago 2 has save it for later separate from betterman
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • verdumverdum Posts: 11
    hehe, iwasthere, it actually IS my friend who is going to buy this concert, even though I was the one who introduced him to the 2003 State College bootleg, which holds, in my opinion as well, the most amazing performance of a pearl jam song.... that I've heard ( i add to avoid being flamed or something)...

but you can be damn sure that I'm gonna take advantage of his copy! :-)

so, yes, not completely without self-interest in this one ;-)

looks like it's gonna be San Diego, then, which is just great since I wanted to download that show for myself anyways, as so many people have praised it as one of the best bootlegs this year...

btw, today when I listened to the State College version in the car, I had to really really really focus not to get so overexcited that i drive off the road... which would be a bad idea since I'm going to Paris September 11th to see Pearl Jam live for the second time in my life :-D bliss!

another btw- this friend of mine who's looking for the save it for later-tag says he's gonna kill me (b/c of jealousy) if they play it in Paris, cause he's not going there... hehe...

OK, I think this is long enough now :-)

enjoy your concerts meanwhile!
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    thesheff wrote:
    chicago 2 has save it for later separate from betterman

I was at both Milwaukee I and Chicago II. While I liked the seperate version at Chicago II the Milwaukee version is better in my opinion. In Chicago he didn't scream the "Don't let me down" part, while he did in Milwaukee. Save It For Later just isn't complete without him screaming that line!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • GREEZER1GREEZER1 Posts: 8
    Cleveland-outstanding!!!!!!
  • thewalrusthewalrus Posts: 6
    San Diego, mon!
  • Cincy, too.
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~

• fanfan Posts: 12
    I realize you're looking for a 2006 concert, but this one has always stood out to me as great version. The 2000 night one boot from Philadelphia. It may not be the best for the whole save it for later song, but it is a long 8min 15sec Betterman/save if for later jam.
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina... November 25th 2005...great version...enjoy it!
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I LOVE that tag - oh it would be so great if they played the whole song in Dublin, it's so cute.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you