Anyone travelling down from Belfast???

the_wizards_denthe_wizards_den Posts: 9
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone was travelling down from Belfast to see Pearl Jam in Dublin and if so how is everyone getting there?

Is there a coach or anything going down????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    me and the mrs are heading down in the mini cooper but there might well be a bus going...

if i hear anything i'll let ye know

cheers
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • robblerobble Posts: 63
    i know of myself, 2 10c ticket holders and 3 laydays going down from belfast, from what i hear they are more than likely getting the bus, however, it was an idea of mine to have a belfast meet up and have a few, one of the bartenders in auntie annies is a pj fan so he may help us with the tunes!
    Astoria 20-4-06, Dublin 23-8-06, London 18-06-07
    It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys
    All Monkfish Great And Small
  • Hi robble. you said they were more than likey getting the bus. Does that mean there is definately one going down?
  • ohh and if there is a bus i would definately be up for meeting up and crooning a few tunes in auntie annies beforehand.
    theres the airporter that runs from the centre of belfast, its like 8£ return, stops in dublin centre and the airport or one of the goldliners heading down. probably one of the usual services though
    Auntie annies is the shizz in belfast, its the only place that has decent music and the occasional singer in the corner, plus theres usually a sing a long tune like ring of fire played.
  • dude, you don't need to tell me how good auntie annies is. i am a frequent visitor.

i used to drink in katy daleys but think auntie annies is more chilled.

i have been know to have the odd sing along too.

(haven't been in a few months though cos the wife has just had a baby so i am usually busy changing nappies)
    lol, guessing your a bit older than the people i know going down, the youngest is 18, the oldest will be me at 20.
    i generally go on thursday like the only day there isnt a singer, get abused for always wearing my avocado shirt!!and by the bouncers for having weird hair, well not weird, just not cut, so its really curly. theyre funny about it though cos one of the other bouncers will slabber to him for having no hair
  • yeah am an old man. 29 in a fortnight.

i remember pearl jam when they were but young boys with their long hair and flannel shirts.

i am a survivor of the grunge era in the early nineties. those were the days, ha ha. (dam i sound old!!!!)

can't wait to see them live again. i've waited six years for them to come back here.

will maybe see you and your avocado shirt in auntie annie's some night (or maybe even before heading to the concert).

enjoy.