To the great people I (Brantley) met at the SF shows

Satan's DiceSatan's Dice Posts: 33
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
This is a terribly belated post, but the combination of three PJ shows (including one in LA) and a heavier-than-usual workload have made it difficult for me to find the time and energy to post something worthy of you all and the tremendous experience I had at the SF shows.

I'm also planning to post a fanview for SF III, but first I want to address you all individually.

Selin: Sorry for making you guys worry about me after the show - I was just across the street the whole time, but I should have called you to make sure you knew. Anyway, thanks for being such a great tour buddy. Your friendliness, fun conversation, and enthusiasm (in your case, a polite expression for "screaming, wild-eyed fanaticism") for the guys and their music really enhanced the two shows we went to together. I'm glad you got your SOLAT! I'm sure we'll stay in touch and get together whenever work brings you back to the Bay Area. If the guys tour the South, I'll try to make it to a show or two, but don't hold me to that. :) I don't think it will be easy, no matter how badly I want to go.

Blake: I'm really glad Selin and I happened to run into you. It was immediately evident from talking with you (and even moreso after reading your recent posts) that you're a caring and sincere person, AND you fucking ROCK! It's too bad we didn't get to rock out together, but fortunately I had enthusiastic fans around me this time - no duds. I hope there will be other opportunities. Sorry I made you miss Ed. What shitty timing. Oh, by the way, tell Mark to give me a call and claim his complimentary bootleg. It's a stunner, as I'm sure you know.

Anna and Felix: Thanks for all the hard work you put into the CCFA benefits. Despite the fact that the GA nature of the show hurt attendance, I thought the one I was able to go to was great, and I know that your efforts were appreciated by many people. I'll get on board next time and take some of that load off your shoulders. I'm glad to know that there are two classy PJ-loving physicists like you just down the peninsula. Let's get together sometime.

Linda, Brendan, and Rose: See my apology to Selin above. I certainly didn't mean to abandon you! I feel bad that we didn't get to say a proper goodbye, so I'm hoping you guys will read this and get in touch with me. I tried to figure out your username, Linda, but apparently my memory is going. Anyway, it was great talking with you guys in line, and I hope to see you again. Hopefully Selin can hook up with you if and when she goes to Hawaii for the shows there.

Christian and Christie (sp?): Thanks again for putting up with my insanity during the show. I was glad to be able to share the experience with such nice people and true fans. It was exhilirating to be able to cut loose and feel that I wasn't pissing someone off by actually enjoying myself the way a PJ fan should feel free to. Wish we could have talked more, so again, I hope you guys will read this and get in touch with me. You're not so far away, so I would think we'll have an opportunity to get together at some point. Let me know how your trip to Comic-Con went!

Eric: We didn't get to talk all that much, but it was cool to meet one of the Message Pit's "celebrity posters." Although I don't post very often, I do read the board quite a bit and have always enjoyed your posts. Drop me a line if you'd like to get together when you come down from Sac-town sometime. As I said, I doubt I'll have an opportunity to come up there unless the Spurs play the Kings in a playoff series again (kick their asses, in other words), but if I do I'll definitely let you know.

Jeff: I think that's your name - the auctioneer at the SF II CCFA benefit. I have no idea whether you remember talking with me and Selin as the benefit was winding up, but I enjoyed talking with you, however briefly. IIRC, you live in the San Jose area, so let's get together sometime. I'd be glad to have a PJ party at my place for you, Anna and Felix, and anyone else who wants to come. We don't need the excuse of Bay Area tour dates for that to happen.

In short, thanks to you all (and a few other cool people I met) for kicking so much ass as human beings and as fans. Because of that high level of ass-kicking I was finally able to make this PJ tour experience what I had always hoped it would be. Take care, everyone!

Brantley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Surely one of you guys will see this eventually and give me a shout out. BUMP!
  • Mmmkay. Then how about someone taking pity on me and PRETENDING to be one of the people I met - would that work? Just say some vague bullshit about what a great time we had and what a great show it was, and I'll buy it.
  • hey.....it's me.....remember me???

i had a really great time chatting with you at the shows and i'm happy to hear your memories are as fond as mine.....maybe one day we'll run into each other again.....keep well until then.....

keep on rockin'.....
  • PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    Mmmkay. Then how about someone taking pity on me and PRETENDING to be one of the people I met - would that work? Just say some vague bullshit about what a great time we had and what a great show it was, and I'll buy it.

We had a great time! What a great show!
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • I feel better already. Thanks. I'll never forget you guys, uh, Ridin the Wave, and, uh, PNuttyJam!
  • One more bump, just for the hell of it.