RSD Drop 2 7/17/21

Comments

• BH76306BH76306 Posts: 66
    Was really looking forward to the Beastie Boys release, but couldn't pull the trigger for 10 minutes of music for $34.

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    4 out of the first 5 in line were after the PJ RSD release. Glad I got there early. They were gone quickly. 
  • halvhalv Posts: 675
    4 out of the first 5 in line were after the PJ RSD release. Glad I got there early. They were gone quickly. 
    Store I went to had 6 PJ's and I was 6th in line. Got very lucky. Also picked up Foo Fighters, CSNY and Beastie Boys. Everything I wanted.

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Got there 2 hours after opening. My store had 1 Beastie Boys and 1 PJ left.  Their 5 Foo Fighters went to the first 5 people. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Did the Donna Summer release happen?

I couldn’t find it anywhere. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    dankind said:

It did. I saw a copy at my first stop this morning.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Finally found a copy of the Rocky Erickson tribute from a store in Austin TX online. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    dankind said:

It did. I saw a copy at my first stop this morning.
    Hot stuff!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Pretty happy with RSD. Was about 30th in line at my store, and had no problem getting the records I wanted (PJ, Foo Fighters, Ani Difranco, Ramones, and Beastie Boys).

It seems the pressing the sizes for RSD are getting better.  It's getting rarer that I miss out on a title, and the odd time I do, it's not that expensive online.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    dankind said:

yes. can grab one for you if you like.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Thanks, @mickeyrat

I’ve got one on hold up in Vermont for now. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Thanks, @mickeyrat

alternatively , I posted a link of my local above.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Dee Gees disappeared ridiculously quick over here in Aus :bawling:
    If anyone finds an extra pls let me know 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
    edited July 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    Thanks, @mickeyrat

Thanks. Upwards of $200 on Discogs already. And it still shows as unavailable at usedkids.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    Thanks, @mickeyrat

Thanks. Upwards of $200 on Discogs already. And it still shows as unavailable at usedkids.

bunch of copies. going back in about 20 minutes.....

mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    Thanks, @mickeyrat

Yeah, a lot probably going on sale for retail at different times tonight and tomorrow for the bigger indies. Discogs gonna Discogs. I like the VT shop. Going back up in a couple of weeks. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    Thanks, @mickeyrat

Yeah, a lot probably going on sale for retail at different times tonight and tomorrow for the bigger indies. Discogs gonna Discogs. I like the VT shop. Going back up in a couple of weeks. 

16 on hand right now.  $31

for anyone who missed out on the Alive 12inch, I have multiple copies at cost $14 plus shipping.

• PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2021
    redraw said:
    I’m not going to hijack this guy’s request, so if anyone can help me after him with a Dee Gees vinyl I would greatly appreciate it. I can somehow return the favor. Thanks. Just DM me. 
    Post edited by PJammin' on
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • garland09garland09 Posts: 830
    PJammin' said:
    redraw said:
    I’m not going to hijack this guy’s request, so if anyone can help me after him with a Dee Gees vinyl I would greatly appreciate it. I can somehow return the favor. Thanks. Just DM me. 
    Put me line after these folks too.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    redraw said:
    Just heard that only 400 copies were released in Aus which explains why they disappeared so quickly... 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
    edited July 2021
    The frenzy for the Foo Fighters release worked to my advantage. People were trying so hard to find it that it gave me time to locate the PJ release. I’m not a FF hater… but they are vastly overrated in my humble opinion.  Kind of like Aerosmith. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    The frenzy for the Foo Fighters release worked to my advantage. People were trying so hard to find it that it gave me time to locate the PJ release. I’m not a FF hater… but they are vastly overrated in my humble opinion.  Kind of like Aerosmith. 
    I like Dave Grohl.  I just cant hunt down an EP of Bee Gees covers.  I do like the spirit of what they’re doing tho :lol:   Adds some fun to drop #2. 
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    I like Dave Grohl.  I just cant hunt down an EP of Bee Gees covers.  I do like the spirit of what they’re doing tho :lol:   Adds some fun to drop #2. 
    I was 6th in line and no one in front of me went for the Dee Gees album. I was happily perplexed to say the least. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I could stay awake, just to hear you breathing....

:rofl:

I love old Aerosmith.  (Toys in the Attic is gonna get a spin today....) 
    Later Aerosmith is soooooo cheeseball

The love he receives is the love that is saved

yeah. its the choice between the toxic twins or mtvsmith

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    I managed to grab a copy of Alive 12" and Hail Satin from Southsea's Pie & Vinyl! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    on stealbay.  my spot had the vinyl at 14 and the cassette at 8....

• ZodZod Posts: 9,943

Aerosmith made a tonne of Albums.  I like a couple of their early 70s albums, then it seems like they made rubbish for a bit.  Then I liked the stretch of Permanent Vacation, Pump, and Get a Grip.  Then it was all downhill after Get a Grip.

I have seem them live twice.  One was a dual headling tour with Motley Cure, where Aerosmith closed the show.  They were really good, but only played for 90 minutes, and completely left me wanting more.  Then I saw them again where I live now in a smaller arena, and they played 2.5 hours, and it was an average show.

I guess my feels about Aerosmith is sometimes the rock, and sometimes they don't  :)
    edited July 2021
    Lots of people like FF and Aerosmith. Lots of people don’t, just like every other band. To me they are just butt rock, nothing special.