Options

Racquetball Thread

a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
Anyone out there play?
Yeah it's a dying sport, way too fast for TV, but it's an awesome workout and super fun. 
Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    I used to love playing after workouts at our gym/rec center back in college. At the time it was a brand new facility and had about 5 courts. Haven't played since then though. Always enjoyed it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,380
    I used to love playing after workouts at our gym/rec center back in college. At the time it was a brand new facility and had about 5 courts. Haven't played since then though. Always enjoyed it. 
    It's almost impossible to find somewhere to play in Philly, other than prohibitively expensive Sporting Club at Bellevue. If I win the lottery I'll open an awesome racquetball center.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    It's almost impossible to find somewhere to play in Philly, other than prohibitively expnsive Sporting Club at Bellevue. If I win the lottery I'll open an awesome racquetball center.
    That's pretty much the main problem anymore, courts closing or being repurposed. Kinda surprised there's not many in Philly, any la fitness around? They usually have em.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    edited July 2021
    a5pj said:
    It's almost impossible to find somewhere to play in Philly, other than prohibitively expnsive Sporting Club at Bellevue. If I win the lottery I'll open an awesome racquetball center.
    That's pretty much the main problem anymore, courts closing or being repurposed. Kinda surprised there's not many in Philly, any la fitness around? They usually have em.
    LA Fitness' definitely have them. I never used them there though. Plus I ended my membership because of the pandemic and actually enjoy working out from home so I don't see myself going back any time soon. 

Although... now I have an itch to play a little racquetball!

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,380
    a5pj said:
    LA Fitness' definitely have them. I never used them there though. Plus I ended my membership because of the pandemic and actually enjoy working out from home so I don't see myself going back any time soon. 

Just figured out there's a spot in Bala Cynwyd with 2 racquetball courts.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    a5pj said:

Just figured out there's a spot in Bala Cynwyd with 2 racquetball courts.
    Nice! Go check em out. 

https://www.usaracquetballevents.com/future.asp - This is the main tournament site (old!!!) but it lists all upcoming tournaments. So even if you're a beginner there's good competition at your level. Pretty empty now cuz of that pandemic, but more should be popping up soon.