Options

Holy Crap - Who saw this live?

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Getting pumped to see a few PJ show this coming week, as a ritual I like to look at a few classic setlists......

7-11-95 > Soldier Field, Chicago

Set 1 Release, Go, Last Exit, Spin The Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Whipping, I Got Id, Dissident, Even Flow, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter, Animal, Habit, Lukin, Not For You, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Immortality, Alive, Porch

Encore 1 Everyday People, Let My Love Open The Door, Better Man, Rearviewmirror, Black, Blood

Encore 2 Yellow Ledbetter

Talk about brigning the heat. I'd pay some good money to see this setlist played again....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,865
    This is one of the best shows ever

they ripped a local radio station fucking classic.

Good soundboard boots available of this.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Amazing show, but damn, Everyday People is BAD ... Its horrible, like poison ivy where the sun don't shine.
    shudder ... What were they thinking?
  • Options
    Amazing show, but damn, Everyday People is BAD ... Its horrible, like poison ivy where the sun don't shine.

Notice how that song never appeared before or after ever again.....
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    rocket70 wrote:
    Notice how that song never appeared before or after ever again.....

On the other hand, Let My Love Open The Door fucking rocks - that's one cover they need to dust off and put back into rotation
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Good soundboard boots available of this.

There are soundboard boots of it? I have a boot but I think it is from the radio and isn't great quality. Point me in the direction of the soundboard boots please!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    veinvein Chicago Posts: 77
    Twas my first.
    Just a few notes. As far as I can remember, had to get the tickets via a 1-800 number, which was, as you can imagine, busy everytime. I tried on one phone, my mom tried on another line and we both never got through. I just happened to be lucky and have a friend Julee who had a spare. No official merch at all for this show. There was however, "lot" shirts for sale, some of which i've seen people wearing at other chicago shows since. I happen to have one, which i've never worn. I'm not sure why, but I just had to have something to hold onto, other than my sweaty worn orange bug ticket.
    Chicago 95, 98, Indy 03, Chicago 06, Chicago Vic 07
    EV Chicago 08, Chicago 09, Indy 10
  • Options
    We had a copy of this for our silent auction in St Paul and someone donated $125.00 for it to go to the CCFA! It was awesome!
  • Options
    I'm Gone wrote:
    On the other hand, Let My Love Open The Door fucking rocks - that's one cover they need to dust off and put back into rotation
    That song is my holy grail of covers.
  • Options
    Awsome show lost my cherry as this was my first pj show. I happen to get lucky and win the lottery for these tickets. It was hot as fuck and will always be my favorite concert.
    Get out of my fuckin face
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    My first Pj show...and Everyday People was fucking awsome. Let my love open the door did kick ass too.

That was a day i will never forget.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    and it's a great quality boot, would like to trade PM me
  • Options
    stevieraveonstevieraveon Posts: 413
    I was there, 2nd PJ show I was ever at (1st was like 3 days earlier at Milwaukee Summerfest where they played Little Wing)
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • Options
    Its here but in streaming format:

http://pearljamlive.com/

Enjoy a great show!
  • Options
    Here's a little something..

http://www.lmlyp.com/pics/albums/userpics/tix95.jpg

That's my ticket there in the middle, along with all the shows in 1995 I went to.

Ween, PJ Harvey, Elastica, Hole, Live, Cranberries and more, good year looking back.
  • Options
    Did I drink too much tonight, or are the pix of your tix a little blurry?
  • Options
    Bad picture. I was just throwing that up there quickly. My girl made me a frame with 11 tickets on it from all the shows and ticket stubs i kept from 1995. Some others on there are Filter, Everclear, and David Bowie with very special guest Nine Inch Nails.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Does anyone have a download link for the 95 Soldier Field show?
    Brian
  • Options
    jasone6jasone6 Posts: 66
    ....because I had never been to pearljamlive.com before

Holy crap....awesome site. How can I help?!
    1995: Milwaukee/Summerfest 1; 1998: Indianapolis, Greenville, Knoxville; 2000: Lisbon, London 1 & 2, Detroit, Alpine Valley, Chicago; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Summerfest 1 & 2 (w/ Tom Petty), Sydney 1 & 3, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3; 2007: The Vic, Lollapalooza
  • Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    i posted the boot a little over a week ago...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=162719&page=40

enjoy. it's in mp3 format by the way, but it's SB all the way.
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    Edit, that link does work, just gets busy at peak times.
  • Options
    I have this boot on vinyl, but I've never heard it because I don't have a record player yet!!!
    Ba Ba Booey
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I have this boot on vinyl, but I've never heard it because I don't have a record player yet!!!
    sounds like me and my collection of christmas singles....lol
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,845

It's a little ragged, but it isn't as bad as the sleater kinney and Pearl Jam colaborations. if Gilbert Godfried and Fran Drescher did an album together it would still sound better.(shudder)
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I never thought Everyday People was all that bad. In fact, that coupled with Let My Love Open the Door back-to-back is a big part of what makes that show so special and memorable.

Of course, they've not played it since. But there have been other covers that only made appearances one time. Cortez the Killer, Fool in the Rain, Dock of the Bay, and Forever Young all come to mind.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    i posted the boot a little over a week ago...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=162719&page=40

enjoy. it's in mp3 format by the way, but it's SB all the way.

Thanks for reposting the link. After a lot of searching I finally found a link yesterday (the one you posted here). Hopefully someone who doesn't have it can grab it there.
    Brian
  • Options
    I'm Gone wrote:

a fuckin men - that's my favorite cover by them and they only did it once. Rivaled pete's version in my opinion.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    I didnt get a chance to see this show (even though I wanted to make the trip from STL, I couldnt get a ticket in time before they sold out) But I was lucky enough to win a copy of the show on cd from this contest at a local vintage vinyl. I was so happy, because I think thats the first time Ive ever won anything really worthwhile. The really cool part about it was when I opened up my cd, the number on the cd was oooooo1!!! The first copy!

Anyway, I think its pretty cool.
  • Options
    Listening to this show 11 years later really is something special.
    I'm glad it's available with such good quality. The sound of this show really captured the band at an amazing time. I can really feel the transition from this 'era' to the next after having listened to many of the boots from year to year.
  • Options
    moxyfopmoxyfop Posts: 16
    That was my first show, went with my parents and it's one of their favorite shows of all time.

I also have the boot thanks to a certain awesome person on the board. I got it 11 years after the concert and it brought it all back... one thing that people often forget is that otis rush and BAD RELIGION were the opening bands. Seriously... Best Show Ever!! Bad Religion?! Looking back on it... still blows my mind :)
  • Options
    You were brought up right Moxy.

The No Code songs in the set before it was released are gems, too.