Options

Blank

cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
edited July 2021 in Lost Dogs
This LP just got repressed.  Trying to track down a copy.  Thanks!  
Post edited by cp3iverson on

Comments

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    I just received an email reply from theConneXtion and they said:

The word from Dualtone is that they will probably re-press this on black vinyl sometime later next year.

I’d hold off instead of paying the insane flipper prices going on right now. 
  • Options

The word from Dualtone is that they will probably re-press this on black vinyl sometime later next year.

Thanks man!  Hope you’ve been well. 
  • Options

You bet! I want that record pretty badly myself. If you go to the Dualtone website you can sign up for texts. I want to be sure I’m alerted when the next RE comes out .

I wonder if they are planning any s/t or Give up the Ghost REs. Need all three of these 
  • Options

You bet! I want that record pretty badly myself. If you go to the Dualtone website you can sign up for texts. I want to be sure I’m alerted when the next RE comes out .

I wonder if they are planning any s/t or Give up the Ghost REs. Need all three of these 
    Oh man Give Up the Ghost would be great too.  I cant believe i missed this drop.  I even had an email from them that i didnt see until 5 hours later
  • Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    edited June 2021
    Quick story about The Story. My wife is a huge Brandi fan (I love her too). Last year went into my local store and was flipping through the stacks and see a new copy (2012 press I believe). Marked for $30. Grab it, bring it up and it must have been there forever and just forgot about because the look on the owners face when he saw it made me feel bad for a second. But cool guy that he is, shrugs and sells it for what it was marked. 

To add on to Iverson, I’ve heard most of not all of her stuff will probably get repressed soon for the masses. Then I can finally get her Self Titled and Give Up The Ghost.
    Post edited by ry75guy on
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    That’s an awesome score!  Wow.   Glad your local owner honored it.  It’ll pay off for him in the long run
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    The Story is such a great album. I spin mine all the time. I had no idea that it was pricey until I saw this thread. Then I looked up the Benny Hall set and that’s pricey as hell too! Glad I grabbed them both when I did. 

Hope you’re all able to snag a copy!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    That’s an awesome score!  Wow.   Glad your local owner honored it.  It’ll pay off for him in the long run
    Oh it does. If you’re ever in the western burbs of Chicago, hit up Mike Long Records. 
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,121
    ry75guy said:
    Oh it does. If you’re ever in the western burbs of Chicago, hit up Mike Long Records. 
    *Mile Long Records. And yes, the owner Mike is awesome. One of my favorite record stores!
  • Options
    ry75guy said:
    *Mile Long Records. And yes, the owner Mike is awesome. One of my favorite record stores!
    ry75guy said:
    We’ll, at least the typo was sorta correct 😄
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    Pretty impressive, I responded to a text Dualtone Records sent me reminding me of $5 off my first purchase. I said I’ll use it when there is another reissue of The Story. 
    Not expecting a response of course but I got this:

Hello! We are going to try to press some more of 'The Story' but it will be a black LP! With the current status of vinyl manufacturing it likely wouldn't be ready for quite some time but we will keep you updated!

I’ll be patient and pick up the black vinyl. I’ve waited this long already. 
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited June 2021
    Nice!  I need to get the black repress!

I scored a used copy of the Benny vinyl today at a local shop in the shrink for $25!
    Post edited by joberschlake on
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Nice!  I need to get the black repress!

I scored. Used copy of the Benny vinyl today at a local shop in the shrink for $25!
    Very nice!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com