Options

US Tour?

So the Foo Fighters played at MSG last weekend 06/20/21. I'd welcome someone briefly telling me why PJ has not resumed their US Tour but yet DMB has a full fledged Summer and Fall Tour '21, as well as The FF but nothing has been announced yet for PJ tickets Ive been holding for almost 18 months? Come on PJ, let's get touring in the US, we need ya Guys!! THX 

Comments

• Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,927
    elon90 said:
    So the Foo Fighters played at MSG last weekend 06/20/21. I'd welcome someone briefly telling me why PJ has not resumed their US Tour but yet DMB has a full fledged Summer and Fall Tour '21, as well as The FF but nothing has been announced yet for PJ tickets Ive been holding for almost 18 months? Come on PJ, let's get touring in the US, we need ya Guys!! THX 
    Because PJ is keeping safety at the forefront of any plans.
    Things are getting better, but we're not out of the woods yet.
    The Foos shows (and I believe DMB as well) require proof of vaccination. PJ will most liekly do the same, if the national numbers don't rise above 75% vaxxed.
    They're not hurting for money, so I can understand the slow & steady approach.
    Rest assured, they are chomping at the bit to get back in front a crowd. Gigaton is screaming to be played & played LOUD.
    But no one is going to rush them. They will make the call when they're ready.
    In the meantime? SHN & Ohana it is.

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    coachkeczcoachkecz Posts: 27
    At this point I am expecting they might just reschedule the whole tour for 2022, keeping the same locations and dates. So they would start the tour the third week of March 2022 in Canada, wrap up NA by the end of April '22, start the European leg in Germany the last week of June '22; etc.  
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    DMBs shows are predominantly outdoors and FF required proof of vaccination at MSG. 

Futhermore, FF just had to postpone their next show because of COVID within "the FF orginization".

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    edited July 2021
    coachkecz said:
    At this point I am expecting they might just reschedule the whole tour for 2022, keeping the same locations and dates. So they would start the tour the third week of March 2022 in Canada, wrap up NA by the end of April '22, start the European leg in Germany the last week of June '22; etc.  

I think this is very likely. They no doubt want to keep the cities that were scheduled for 2020 so just restart in 2022.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Because they are not all ready to do so, yet?

Only for then to say.  I don't think anyone really knows the answer or can judge what they should do.  (Certainly not based on what Foo Fighters are doing, this band has never been about going along to get along.)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ChiJammerChiJammer Posts: 54
    edited July 2021
    Post edited by ChiJammer on
  • Options
    ChiJammerChiJammer Posts: 54
    elon90 said:
    For the MSG show I just read this article:  https://www.rollingstone.com/product-recommendations/smart-home/molekule-air-purifier-review-1173081/.  I think this is cool that they partnered with Molekule as those devices have been tested to kill Covid.  Now it doesn’t go into detail about how they plan to have coverage for that large of an arena but at least this is a start.  They did mention some “high powered” devices as well.  I have a few Molekule devices at home and they work great.  I have seen them recently in doctor and dentist offices after Covid hit.