Options

Jeff Ament talks return to touring, new solo LP

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    People can stop wondering about more shows this year, at least. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Very interesting. Talking about arenas specifically definitely leaves the door open to outdoor shows but him specifically saying doing two shows to get their feet wet does not sound like a tour planned around those fests does it. 

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836

Pearl Jam will play live in September for the first time in three years. How will you prep for those shows over the next few months?

We’re gonna try to come up with 50 or 60 songs that we remember (laughs). We rehearsed the “Gigaton” songs before the tour got postponed last year, but we hadn’t refreshed on older material. Almost every time I get in the car, I’ll go over to Sirius to see what they’re playing on the Pearl Jam station. I’ve made a game out of it: “Light Years,” OK, that starts in D. Just to try to get a visual of what the song is and wake up that muscle memory. Three years is a long time. Some of that muscle memory could be gone, which could be good. It could force us to play songs in different ways. It will be fun, but we have to get the “Gigaton” songs back into shape, and then there will be probably another week of touching on 50 or 60 songs just to come up with a couple set lists for these two shows.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    demetrios said:

Pearl Jam will play live in September for the first time in three years. How will you prep for those shows over the next few months?

We’re gonna try to come up with 50 or 60 songs that we remember (laughs). We rehearsed the “Gigaton” songs before the tour got postponed last year, but we hadn’t refreshed on older material. Almost every time I get in the car, I’ll go over to Sirius to see what they’re playing on the Pearl Jam station. I’ve made a game out of it: “Light Years,” OK, that starts in D. Just to try to get a visual of what the song is and wake up that muscle memory. Three years is a long time. Some of that muscle memory could be gone, which could be good. It could force us to play songs in different ways. It will be fun, but we have to get the “Gigaton” songs back into shape, and then there will be probably another week of touching on 50 or 60 songs just to come up with a couple set lists for these two shows.

Thats pretty cool info right there on how they set up for the new shows. 

Also 50 to 60 songs for two fests? Overkill or something else...
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,918
    Looking like a couple 25-30 song sets (with Gigaton stuff and maybe 4-5 others as the repeats).  Sounds like a great time!

Maybe there's a chance for a couple more outdoor shows this summer/fall but I wouldn't bank on it.  Sounds like there will definitely be a bunch of shows in 2022 though.  
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    ComeToTX said:
    People can stop wondering about more shows this year, at least. 

Yep, gotta save up for next years tour.