Options

ISO Soft Parade and Morrison Hotel LP

Watched the doors move last night for the first time in 15 years probably. Anyone have a cheap copy of Soft Parade or Morrison Hotel LPs they would unload? eBay prices are stupid. Thanks 

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I see these a lot in local shops (used) for pretty cheap. Might be worth a call to any local stores in your area.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Amazon has the 50th anniversary of The Soft Parade for only $19.99
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    Watched the doors move last night for the first time in 15 years probably. Anyone have a cheap copy of Soft Parade or Morrison Hotel LPs they would unload? eBay prices are stupid. Thanks 
    My wife and I watched it over the weekend as well, knowing the 50th anniversary is coming.  It had been many years for me too.  It is a rather depressing movie really.  Great acting by Val for sure.  But it really was a sad movie and not necessarily a celebration of his life.  He was too tragic for that I guess. 
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    mrussel1 said:
    My wife and I watched it over the weekend as well, knowing the 50th anniversary is coming.  It had been many years for me too.  It is a rather depressing movie really.  Great acting by Val for sure.  But it really was a sad movie and not necessarily a celebration of his life.  He was too tragic for that I guess. 
    and according to the band (I've heard Ray speak out against it many times) it was full of lies. Regardless, the movie was the reason I got into the band (and I'm assuming many others of my generation) and now The Doors in my top 3.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    mrussel1 said:
    and according to the band (I've heard Ray speak out against it many times) it was full of lies. Regardless, the movie was the reason I got into the band (and I'm assuming many others of my generation) and now The Doors in my top 3.
    I'd be interested in knowing which parts the band says aren't true.  I mean there are clear embellishments, like the Miami scene.  He didn't run around the arena dancing with the crowd and everyone singing.  I also know that Patricia what's her name claims that her character was really an aggregation of a bunch of women Jim was with.  Interestingly, she was the one in teh movie performing the Wiccan marriage ceremony, so she was part of the embellishment.  But I consider those two items sort of creative license to make the movie flow. I read No One Here Gets Out Alive in high school or middle school and remember thinking the movie tracked pretty closely, but that was 30 years ago now.  
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,105
    Here’s the best ones to get. They are amazing. 45 rpm Analogue Productions. I own them and they will blow you away. 

Soft Parade
    https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/78314/The_Doors-The_Soft_Parade-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record

Morrison Hotel (currently back ordered, but they restock every so often. You can sign up to be notified)
    https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/78315/The_Doors-Morrison_Hotel-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record
  • Options
    Here’s the best ones to get. They are amazing. 45 rpm Analogue Productions. I own them and they will blow you away. 

Soft Parade
    https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/78314/The_Doors-The_Soft_Parade-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record

Morrison Hotel (currently back ordered, but they restock every so often. You can sign up to be notified)
    https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/78315/The_Doors-Morrison_Hotel-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record
    The APs are untouchable. 
  • Options
    Yep. Completely agree. 
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,437
    The doors were always my favourite band from when I was a kid. Picked up their vinyl box set a few years ago and I spin them often. 
    so good. 
    good luck with the search. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Not sure if you’re still looking or not, but Morrison Hotel is now back in stock at Analogue Productions. 

Post edited by Jimmydean55 on