Black Sabbath

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    no problem..it's gonna be a good set to own next to the Ozzy Era Black Box which was pretty well done cept for the cheap decal borders that chip easily.
    i just love collecting remastered albums.
    Sounds like I need to hit Santa Claus up for the Ozzy Era Black Box set........you are correct, remastered albums are the bomb.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • 3 words Hand Of Doom

2 more Rat Salad
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    tybird wrote:
    Sounds like I need to hit Santa Claus up for the Ozzy Era Black Box set........you are correct, remastered albums are the bomb.
    it's a very nice collection to own..also comes with a velvet hard cover 75 page book with official lyrics and notes from Iommi
    ndrummerc wrote:
    3 words Hand Of Doom
    oh yeh another great one there..I like Slayer's cover of it although they missed out the best parts of the song in my opinion
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    it's a very nice collection to own..also comes with a velvet hard cover 75 page book with official lyrics and notes from Iommi

oh yeh another great one there..I like Slayer's cover of it although they missed out the best parts of the song in my opinion

I LOVE the drumming on Hand of Doom
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • NIB motherfuckers.
    some bad news for fans expecting a Dio era boxset :(
    HEAVEN AND HELL — the new band featuring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler — was interviewed earlier in the week in England by VH1 Classic VJ Eddie Trunk for a program that will air sometime in January. During his weekly radio show, "Friday Night Rocks", on New York's Q104.3 FM last night (Friday, November 24), Trunk offered the following recap of his chat with the members of HEAVEN AND HELL about their upcoming recording and touring activities (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET):

"There was a lot of speculation that this band was now being called HEAVEN AND HELL and not BLACK SABBATH because of something to do with legalities or Sharon Osbourne or whatever the case may be. That is NOT the case. Tony Iommi owns the name BLACK SABBATH, and he and Ronnie James Dio decided that it would be best to call this lineup something else because they felt that after SABBATH with Ozzy went into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it would probably be a little bit disrespectful and a little bit confusing to that name and that band that's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to call their reunion with Dio BLACK SABBATH again. So they decided — it was strictly up to them; it was their decision internally — to instead call it something else. That's why the live shows are being billed as HEAVEN AND HELL. But it is a little bit confusing because the record that is gonna come out is gonna be called 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years'.

"Now, here's the other misinformation that is out there: Everyone is calling this a box set — it is not; it is a single-CD collection. And it'll have on it songs from 'Heaven and Hell', 'Mob Rules' and 'Dehumanizer' and also at least two new songs that the band are recording as we speak; they were doing it while we were there in England. Also some speculation out there as to who the drummer's gonna be. I know that Bill Ward was not part of our TV interview. I don't have any confirmation just yet as to who the drummer will gonna be — Bill or Vinny Appice; there's conflicting information about that. But I can tell you that Geezer and Tony and Ronnie had written three songs, they were gonna record three — one was a slow song, one was mid-tempo and one was a fast song. They are gonna pick two to put on this album. So it's not a box set. Somewhere down the line there probably will be a box set that'll package all the Dio-SABBATH albums together, but this is not it — it's a single-disc collection with tracks from the three studio albums previous and also the two new songs and it'll be out sometime in February, with a tour under the name of HEAVEN AND HELL to follow in Europe, the U.S. and Canada.

"It's exciting news to have these guys working together again, and I can tell you, talking to Iommi both on camera and off, he is extremely excited about the opportunity to work with Dio again and do a long set — he wants to play a two-hour shows live because — quite honestly, without saying it… I mean, let's be honest, there are limitations as to what Ozzy can do these days as a vocalist; there are zero limitations when it comes to a guy like Dio. They may or may not do Ozzy-era material; that's also being worked out."

Eddie also mentioned that a New York City concert date for HEAVEN AND HELL has already been booked but that he was unable to divulge the exact details because he has been "sworn to secrecy."

Reliable sources informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET on November 23 that drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) is currently in the U.K laying down drums on the two new tracks that will be included on "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years". In addition, Appice will be manning the drums on the upcoming HEAVEN AND HELL tour.

Appice, 49, joined BLACK SABBATH in 1980, and appeared on the albums "Mob Rules" (1981) and the album recorded on that tour, "Live Evil" (1983). In late 1982, before "Live Evil" even hit the shelves, he left SABBATH with vocalist Ronnie James Dio and formed the band DIO. He appeared on the DIO albums "Holy Diver" (1983), "The Last in Line" (1984), "Sacred Heart" (1985), "Intermission" (1986), and "Dream Evil" (1987). In 1992 Appice returned to BLACK SABBATH (with Ronnie James Dio) for the "Dehumanizer" album and tour.

As previously reported, Dio recently revealed to Classic Rock magazine that HEAVEN AND HELL will likely headline next year's Monsters of Rock festival.

Monsters of Rock returned to the U.K. festival scene at Milton Keynes Bowl this past summer, with DEEP PURPLE as headliners. Now it looks like it will return in 2007, with HEAVEN AND HELL on the bill.
    Credit : Blabbermouth
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    I love the album "Heaven and Hell" and even saw the DIO-fronted Sabbath while I was in High School (Ozzie had quit the band in 1982)..

but I have to say that I never considered any arrangement...other than the original members.. to be SABBATH.

I consider the DIO-fronted group to be a side project (Like Rainbow was to Deep Purple.. ironoc that DIO was a part of both)..

It doesn't take away from DIO's work with or without SABBATH...

It's just not SABBATH without OZZY...

Glad they took the high road with "Heaven and Hell"...

Hope they bring back the "spining white lights" above the drum set!..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    came across this again while browsing youtube..
    pretty funny stuff..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMpYZOuDPqQ

YNWA
  • who likes black sabbath? i'm talkin the real sabbath..from 1970-1978, with Ozzy. Damn they were so fuckin bad ass. I can't think of many songs that kick your ass as much as Into the Void, War Pigs, Electric Funeral.

I'm a huge fan of Sabbath. I'd say their heaviest song is probably The Wizard, their best guitar and bass song is War Pigs, best drum song is Wicked World, and their best song as far as song writing goes is Planet Caravan....it's just very unique.
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    i posted this in AET last night, in another thread. looks like it belongs here. this is pretty funny. and it's only a couple of minutes long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXhfrbncab4
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    i posted this in AET last night, in another thread. looks like it belongs here. this is pretty funny. and it's only a couple of minutes long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXhfrbncab4
    yeh pretty funny stuff :D

check out 2 posts before yours..i posted a better quality one which was recently added to youtube.

YNWA
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh pretty funny stuff :D

check out 2 posts before yours..i posted a better quality one which was recently added to youtube.

oh, it is the same one!! i tried clicking on it before i posted mine and it was "loading" forever so i finally gave up on it. the screen was black, and i only caught the title of it(which was different than the title of mine), so i figured it was something else. but ya, funny cartoon. i came across it last night. : )

edit: and ya, yours was way better quality.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Eleeectric Funeral! Eleectric Funeral!
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    oh, it is the same one!! i tried clicking on it before i posted mine and it was "loading" forever so i finally gave up on it. the screen was black, and i only caught the title of it(which was different than the title of mine), so i figured it was something else. but ya, funny cartoon. i came across it last night. : )

edit: and ya, yours was way better quality.
    yeh it does take ages to load at times!
    but funny stuff.Robert Smigel is great!
    the voice impersonations are great..cept erm maybe Bill was alittle exaggerated :D

YNWA
  • i love sabbath (with ozzy).

greatest metal band of all time.
  • sleeping village + warning = musical genius
    sleeping village + warning = musical genius
    Warning is one of the best covers ever done...love everything aboot that track.

YNWA
    something for the Dio era fans
    The upcoming Dio-era BLACK SABBATH anthology, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years", will feature three new songs ("Shadow of the Wind", "Devil Cries" and "Ear in the Wall"), and is tentatively due this spring.

YNWA
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    had to post this story..

I JUST bought my kids (10,8 and 6) electric toothbrushes and after they used them at bedtime, I started a sing along about the electric toothbrushes using "Electric Funeral" as the framework..

They came up with great lyrics right on cue..can't recall specifics but the chOrus was :
    "ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH, ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH, ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH!"

My wife was horrified because she recognized the UNDERLYING song..

:)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    locked wrote:
    had to post this story..

I JUST bought my kids (10,8 and 6) electric toothbrushes and after they used them at bedtime, I started a sing along about the electric toothbrushes using "Electric Funeral" as the framework..

They came up with great lyrics right on cue..can't recall specifics but the chOrus was :
    "ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH, ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH, ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH!"

My wife was horrified because she recognized the UNDERLYING song..

:)
    LMOA...
    after telling my kids to go to bed for 20 mins., they start singing:
    "Oh we're not gonna take it
    No, we ain't gonna take
    it
    Oh we're not gonna take it
    anymore..."
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Resurrecting this thread....I never paid much attention to Black Sabbath for whatever reason.  I got into Ozzy once I hit high school but just never went back to the Sabbath albums.  Really good stuff there.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Resurrecting this thread....I never paid much attention to Black Sabbath for whatever reason.  I got into Ozzy once I hit high school but just never went back to the Sabbath albums.  Really good stuff there.
    Sabbath>Solo Ozzy by a lot

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408

wont get into the better or worse of the two but for beginning Ozzys solo venture, you couldnt have asked for a better guitarist than RR

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    RR>>>>>TI

And I goddamn love TI.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    mickeyrat said:

wont get into the better or worse of the two but for beginning Ozzys solo venture, you couldnt have asked for a better guitarist than RR

First 2 albums w Rhoads are good.  Ultimate sin and No Rest for The Wicked started to lose it for me.  

Bark at the Moon had one good song.  I wasn't into anything No Rest.

Give me Supernaught and Snowblind every time though.
    mickeyrat said:

First 2 albums w Rhoads are good.  Ultimate sin and No Rest for The Wicked started to lose it for me.  

I had Sabbra Cadabra pop up on my playlist and was blown away.  I'm curious what other songs exist on those albums that I haven't heard.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    mickeyrat said:

I had Sabbra Cadabra pop up on my playlist and was blown away.  I'm curious what other songs exist on those albums that I haven't heard.
    Have you done Supernaught and Snowblind yet?

Wheels of confusion?
    Snowblind yes....not sure about the other two

I did get into the Ian Gillan album "Born Again" when it first came out.  

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Snowblind yes....not sure about the other two
    Supernaut is one of their better songs in the entire catalog. I’d give it a listen.