Ohana lodging 2021

So.. the 2020 Ohana tix have rolled over into what appears to be the first PJ show after the pandemic shutdown (fingers crossed).

What's the point? Well, while doing some research I'm finding "jack squat" as far as places to stay and this may be the place to find other people in the same mess.  I'd be looking to fly in John Wayne Airport Thurs 9/23 and fly out Mon 9/27.  Four nights and early checkout Mon morning.  Tips on where the shuttle may be dropping people off from the festival will be helpful (the Ohana site says this is still in progress) so input on where it was historically was dropping people off in San Clemente is appreciated. Even more helpful is if you are in the same boat and may be up for pitching in on a big place which could handle quite a few people.  Air BNB has a 6 person home for about $600/night.  If that kind of thing interests you, lets work this out!  If you have a room already, nice work!  I'll keep at it but I bet Laguna Beach is a bear to get to after the show as half the crowd heads back north.

-Gus
  1. Red Rocks '95, second night starting on chairs
  2. buncha others, doesn't really matter

Comments

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    In the past, the shuttle has departed from the San Clemente Outlets.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/286349/ohana-festival-update#latest

May get more eyes on lodging if you post in the official thread. Not sure how many people venture onto this page. 
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    FC28207 said:
    So.. the 2020 Ohana tix have rolled over into what appears to be the first PJ show after the pandemic shutdown (fingers crossed).

What's the point? Well, while doing some research I'm finding "jack squat" as far as places to stay and this may be the place to find other people in the same mess.  I'd be looking to fly in John Wayne Airport Thurs 9/23 and fly out Mon 9/27.  Four nights and early checkout Mon morning.  Tips on where the shuttle may be dropping people off from the festival will be helpful (the Ohana site says this is still in progress) so input on where it was historically was dropping people off in San Clemente is appreciated. Even more helpful is if you are in the same boat and may be up for pitching in on a big place which could handle quite a few people.  Air BNB has a 6 person home for about $600/night.  If that kind of thing interests you, lets work this out!  If you have a room already, nice work!  I'll keep at it but I bet Laguna Beach is a bear to get to after the show as half the crowd heads back north.

-Gus
    Gus, i have a roundtrip shuttle pass i wont be using good for 1 day.  its all yours if you want it
  • FC28207FC28207 Posts: 70
    Thanks for the tips and offers so far, I managed to find a room near the San Clemente Outlets for the nights I mentioned (no longer trying to walk to the venue).  The room for wife & I are refundable up to 9/6 so my options are open if the shuttle changes course.. (be ready for anything, if 2020 didn't teach us anything else)

Thanks @rustneversleeps , is the shuttle pass sold separate from a GA-3 day?  If so, I need to look into this further and will let you know but thanks!  Appreciated

1. Red Rocks '95, second night starting on chairs
    2. buncha others, doesn't really matter
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    FC28207 said:
    Thanks for the tips and offers so far, I managed to find a room near the San Clemente Outlets for the nights I mentioned (no longer trying to walk to the venue).  The room for wife & I are refundable up to 9/6 so my options are open if the shuttle changes course.. (be ready for anything, if 2020 didn't teach us anything else)

Thanks @rustneversleeps , is the shuttle pass sold separate from a GA-3 day?  If so, I need to look into this further and will let you know but thanks!  Appreciated

there are usually shuttle passes sold separately i believe, i never used it so can't say for sure.  also not sure if they will email me my pass or willcall it, if its emailed i'll send it to you, if willcall we can meet there and hand off.