Options

Ohana 2021 questions

Dear all,

I have some questions regarding this years Ohana event. Never been to a festival event and want some tips from seasoned PJ vets. Where do you pick up tix for a weekend pass (only 1 ticket for the event)? Have had GA tix before and I know about lining up early. Does the same thing apply for each day? Food/bathroom, how does it work? Any advice is appreciated and thanks. 

Sean

Comments

• Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,928
    edited May 2021
    Howdy, Sean.
    So, Ohana is sold out of face-value weekend passes & Sunday (PJ) passes. And even though things are slowly getting back to normal, I'm 99.9% sure there won't be any passes on the day-of, so the numbers can be manageable.

There are currently a few sites actively reselling weekend passes at a mark-up:

- Saturday (Eddie solo) is going for about $220.00 ea.
    - Sunday (PJ) remains sold out.
    - Weekend Passes being sold for charity at about $1,420.00 ea.

- Saturday is going for $283.00
    - Sunday is going for $924.00
    - Weekend Passes going for about $1,560.00

and the fan-to-fan* (asterisk because anyone who resells these at such a high mark-up is hardly a fan, and more of a greedy opportunist)
    - No Saturday.
    - Sunday is going for $1,120.00 (!) <--- rip-off
    - And Weekend remains sold out.

All that being said, if you find yourself there, I hope you have a blast!
    Despite my pragmatism, I remain hopeful I'll get the chance to go myself.

Good luck!
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    mishler21 said:
    Dear all,

I have some questions regarding this years Ohana event. Never been to a festival event and want some tips from seasoned PJ vets. Where do you pick up tix for a weekend pass (only 1 ticket for the event)? Have had GA tix before and I know about lining up early. Does the same thing apply for each day? Food/bathroom, how does it work? Any advice is appreciated and thanks. 

Sean
    Hi,
    I’ve been to Ohana every year so I can answer some of your logistics questions. 
    When you’re asking about where to pick up tix, I’m not sure if that means you already have them purchased or you’re looking to buy. If you’re still looking to buy, the above post has the info you need. It will be a challenge as everything’s already sold out so you’ll be relying on a secondary market purchase. Tickets do pop up here on the boards from time to time, especially as it gets closer and people’s plans change. Tickets will be quite in-demand this year coming out of the pandemic as you can see.

The actual ticket is in the form of a wrisband that you scan at the gate. It’s a single wristband for a 3-day that you wear all weekend, or different individual wristbands if you have single day tickets.

As far as lining up early, people will be there as soon as the park opens early in the morning to line up outside, if not before that if they walk into the park. I wouldn’t put it past the crazy rail people to camp overnight from after EV’s set Saturday night until opening the next day to run for the rail for PJ, even if the park doesn’t allow it. The festival is at Doheny State Beach so there are bathrooms/food outside at the beach as well as inside (both portapottys and permanent bathrooms inside the festival grounds). The actual beach is outside the festival grounds. There is no re-entry so once you’re inside, you’re in for the day until you leave.

Hope you’re able to attend and enjoy! It’s such a great festival. I’m so excited as I just heard back today that the 3-day passes I won on the radio in March 2020 will rollover to this year. Can’t wait!!!!

Here’s other info that may be helpful.

• Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,928
    kasedoug said:
    mishler21 said:
    Dear all,

Sean
    Hi,
    When you’re asking about where to pick up tix, I’m not sure if that means you already have them purchased or you’re looking to buy. If you’re still looking to buy, the above post has the info you need. It will be a challenge as everything’s already sold out so you’ll be relying on a secondary market purchase. Tickets do pop up here on the boards from time to time, especially as it gets closer and people’s plans change. Tickets will be quite in-demand this year coming out of the pandemic as you can see.

The actual ticket is in the form of a wrisband that you scan at the gate. It’s a single wristband for a 3-day that you wear all weekend, or different individual wristbands if you have single day tickets.

As far as lining up early, people will be there as soon as the park opens early in the morning to line up outside, if not before that if they walk into the park. I wouldn’t put it past the crazy rail people to camp overnight from after EV’s set Saturday night until opening the next day to run for the rail for PJ, even if the park doesn’t allow it. The festival is at Doheny State Beach so there are bathrooms/food outside at the beach as well as inside (both portapottys and permanent bathrooms inside the festival grounds). The actual beach is outside the festival grounds. There is no re-entry so once you’re inside, you’re in for the day until you leave.

Hope you’re able to attend and enjoy! It’s such a great festival. I’m so excited as I just heard back today that the 3-day passes I won on the radio in March 2020 will rollover to this year. Can’t wait!!!!

Super helpful! Answered some of my Q's, as well lol

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    mishler21mishler21 Posts: 22
    kasedoug Thanks for your help. Fortunately, was able to get tix from a PJ fan I met in Rome 2018 through the TicketMaster exchange. Looking forward to the shows as we have weekend tix. 
    mishler21 said:
    Dear all,

Sean
    Hi,

• Options
    Go AnimalThanks for the information. Was able to get tix from a friend through the TicketMaster exchange for weekend passes.
    Howdy, Sean.
    So, Ohana is sold out of face-value weekend passes & Sunday (PJ) passes. And even though things are slowly getting back to normal, I'm 99.9% sure there won't be any passes on the day-of, so the numbers can be manageable.

and the fan-to-fan* (asterisk because anyone who resells these at such a high mark-up is hardly a fan, and more of a greedy opportunist)
    - No Saturday.

Good luck!
    Go Animal said:
    Howdy, Sean.

- No Saturday.

Good luck!
    Go Animal said:
    Howdy, Sean.

- No Saturday.

Good luck!

• Options
    Thank you all for the information, much appreciated. I hope we all get the chance to go to Ohana in September and meet up.