Almost Famous 20th Anniversary Soundtrack Unboxing. Stillwater Vinyl release

Comments

• axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 383
    Uber, colored vinyl box and Stillwater EP are again labeled as sold out. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited May 2021
    axeljohan said:
    Uber, colored vinyl box and Stillwater EP are again labeled as sold out. 
    According to one of Cameron Crowe’s Vinyl Films producers they apparently held on to some of the uber boxes to sell in the UK but i havent seen them up for sale yet.  

Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I think I would have thought the Uber was too pricey at $200 but holy smokes $300 for an ost box is impressive.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    edited May 2021
    I think I would have thought the Uber was too pricey at $200 but holy smokes $300 for an ost box is impressive.
    the coupon brought it to $240. 

7 LPs, 5 CDs, 1 single.  It was a good deal to me. 

You have to remember, lunatics all over the world have been paying $400 for the regular 2LP pressing. I nearly did last month  :lol:
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    the coupon brought it to $240. 

7 LPs, 5 CDs, 1 single.  It was a good deal to me. 

You have to remember, lunatics all over the world have been paying $400 for the regular 2LP pressing. I nearly did last month  :lol:
    Yeah you got a premium deal then!!! Hell yeah
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Paramount: Almost Famous Detailed for 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray (UPDATED)

• browngwbrowngw Posts: 113
    Was able to order the super deluxe version from East Street Records just now.

https://easystreetonline.com/UPC/602435496221

• turner78turner78 Atlanta, GA Posts: 144
    Both the colored and black Deluxe LP sets are available again on the Udiscover store:

https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/collections/almost-famous-20th-anniversary
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    Yay! I got the Stillwater ep. Was bummed I slept on that. Don't forget to use "summer25" for the discount.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Well, my local record store posted on their Facebook page that they were taking pre orders for both the 2 LP soundtrack and the deluxe version. I bit and got the 2 LP version. 
    edited May 2021
    Not sure where i read this but the Target version has a different tracklist than the other 2LPs.  Its their own tracklist of songs pulled from the 6LPs
  • BenToadBenToad Posts: 39
    To all those thinking of ordering this from U Music Shop I wish you luck.  

Check their reviews 90% negative.  I recently have just gone through a nightmare dealing with them after they sent me a warped record.  Fought with them for six months before I finally just got a refund.  Tried to get  a replacement but they would not honour that unless i paid the shipping - which was free on the original order and almost the same cost as the record that was defective.  So then I ordered more vinyl to get the free shipping and they sold those albums out not once but twice while waiting for another album in my order to restock without holding my order back and telling me oh sorry we're sold out (once they said they would hold them back but then went and sold them anyway).  Then they out right  cancelled my order and blamed it on me for non payment (credit card expired in the six months waiting for them to send my order - can not update account on their site and they will not contact you to ask or take the new info through their customer service).  Then they offer a voucher for half of the cost of the replacement.  You can only contact them by email with their office based in the UK and they will not update you on your order only give you the same lame excuses again and again hoping you will give up.  I had trouble finding the reviews for them, as they are clearly trying to bury them since they are 90% negative, but once you do find them the stories are the same as mine: damaged product, no customer service, difficult to get replacement or refund.

BE WARNED: U Music Shop = Nightmare.
    ^^^only place to preorder the two rarest boxes tho.  Hope it goes well for all of us. 
    RSD release.

BenToad said:
    To all those thinking of ordering this from U Music Shop I wish you luck.  

Check their reviews 90% negative.  I recently have just gone through a nightmare dealing with them after they sent me a warped record.  Fought with them for six months before I finally just got a refund.  Tried to get  a replacement but they would not honour that unless i paid the shipping - which was free on the original order and almost the same cost as the record that was defective.  So then I ordered more vinyl to get the free shipping and they sold those albums out not once but twice while waiting for another album in my order to restock without holding my order back and telling me oh sorry we're sold out (once they said they would hold them back but then went and sold them anyway).  Then they out right  cancelled my order and blamed it on me for non payment (credit card expired in the six months waiting for them to send my order - can not update account on their site and they will not contact you to ask or take the new info through their customer service).  Then they offer a voucher for half of the cost of the replacement.  You can only contact them by email with their office based in the UK and they will not update you on your order only give you the same lame excuses again and again hoping you will give up.  I had trouble finding the reviews for them, as they are clearly trying to bury them since they are 90% negative, but once you do find them the stories are the same as mine: damaged product, no customer service, difficult to get replacement or refund.

BE WARNED: U Music Shop = Nightmare.

D'oh!!!!!!!!!

Will see what happens with this Almost Famous release.
    ^^^only place to preorder the two rarest boxes tho.  Hope it goes well for all of us. 

Hope so too.
    Bump!
    edited June 2021
    For what its worth i cancelled one of my Almost Famous preorders with the U Music Shop and it was probably the fastest customer service ive had in years.  Emailed them at 10pm and they were replying to me at 10:30pm.   Got the money back two days later.  
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited June 2021
    I got the Cornell box set from them.  Had no issues and it arrived fine.  Was packaged very well.

I also cancelled a preorder and it was quick service.
    Post edited by joberschlake on
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 776
    Curious at your comment.  What are the two rarest?  The Uber box (presuming) and something??
    dcp3y said:
    Curious at your comment.  What are the two rarest?  The Uber box (presuming) and something??
    Yeah.  Uber is 1500.  Colored vinyl is 6000.  
  • axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 383
    Colored vinyl, which was „sold out“ at the first weekend, is available again and should be for some time at an edition of 6000. 

i am still on the fence whether I should cancel. Anyone know, when they will be send out?
    I also cancelled a preorder and it was quick service.
    Same. Pretty fast. Sucked though on the USA / CDN currency return.
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I cancelled my preorder on the Black Vinyl EP. I will just get the RSD Red Vinyl Demo EP. 1 is enough now that I know Mike plays on it. I will be on line at 4 am so there should be one copy waiting for me.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    So what is the dela here... will the Stillwater EP be availble in Europe? is it limited edition? Is it impossible to buy?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    for canadian customers, it's available on musicvaultz....still pricey at $250+tax, but free shipping.  I ordered the Stillwater EP and separate OST....