Almost Famous 20th Anniversary Soundtrack Unboxing. Stillwater Vinyl release

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
edited May 2021 in The Porch

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Stillwater vinyl

https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/collections/almost-famous-20th-anniversary/products/stillwater-stillwater-limited-edition-ep

From the mid-level band that struggled with its own limitations in the harsh face of stardom, Stillwater releases for the first time ever, all six official songs as an EP from the Academy Award-winning Cameron Crowe film Almost Famous. Available on 180-gram vinyl.

Tracklist

A1. Fever Dog
    A2. Love Thing
    A3. You Had To Be There
    B1. Hour Of Need
    B2. Chance Upon You
    B3. Love Comes And Goes

• Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    edited May 2021
    Woah.  Thanks, as always!

Edit: UD20OFF for a 20% off discount
    Post edited by Father Hubbard on
  • axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 382
    Not yet at the European stores. Tempted for the colored vinyl version.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Damn.. that's pretty impressive, but I have a hard time plunking that down when I have vinyl films release of the soundtrack from around 10 years ago.   Nice to see Tangerine finally added to the soundtrack.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited May 2021
    Might just go for the Super Deluxe.   Damn. Seriously one of the best films ever.  Came out during a great time period for me. 

I do wish that “Cabin in the Air” made it one of the LPs and not just CD #5
  • sm202838sm202838 Posts: 57
    Ordered the deluxe vinyl before I seen a post regarding the super deluxe sets
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492
    $200 for the 6lp set? gtfo
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Think I’m gonna stick with my Classic/Vinyl Films pressing from the mid aughts
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    demetrios said:
    Stillwater vinyl

https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/collections/almost-famous-20th-anniversary/products/stillwater-stillwater-limited-edition-ep

From the mid-level band that struggled with its own limitations in the harsh face of stardom, Stillwater releases for the first time ever, all six official songs as an EP from the Academy Award-winning Cameron Crowe film Almost Famous. Available on 180-gram vinyl.

Tracklist

A1. Fever Dog
    A2. Love Thing
    A3. You Had To Be There
    B1. Hour Of Need
    B2. Chance Upon You
    B3. Love Comes And Goes

I thought this was going to be part of RSD this year?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    LukinFan said:
    demetrios said:
    Stillwater vinyl

Tracklist

A1. Fever Dog
    A2. Love Thing
    A3. You Had To Be There
    B1. Hour Of Need
    B2. Chance Upon You
    B3. Love Comes And Goes

I thought this was going to be part of RSD this year?
    The RSD release has other artists doing the demos for the songs that appeared in the movie. Nancy Wilson and others.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I will wait for these to be half price in a year or so. There's no way they sell the run at the price they're asking.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    What a boring overly big and clunky release.

Just give me the Still water EP as it was released in the DVD edition. Or sure, throw in the demos too.

EDIT: OH WAIT, THERE IS A STAND ALONE RELEASE TOO?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

He he he
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Celticskemba8Celticskemba8 Posts: 308
    Zod said:
    Damn.. that's pretty impressive, but I have a hard time plunking that down when I have vinyl films release of the soundtrack from around 10 years ago.   Nice to see Tangerine finally added to the soundtrack.
    Best song from the film. 

This collection is amazing and I want it bad but that’s quite a lot in CAD. Will hope it goes on sale some day.
    axeljohan said:
    Not yet at the European stores. Tempted for the colored vinyl version.
    Now available at the Euro stores, but not the Uber version and not the big vinyl boxes. Hope this will change. 
    Uber now sold out at the US store. Should I go for the big vinyl box from the US store (and pay a ton of additional import fees) or should I hope they become available in Europe as well.
    Would love a stand alone book of the production of the film
    edited May 2021
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
    Everything is back in stock. Pulled the trigger on the colored vinyl. Used SUMMER25 für a 25%~discount. 
    Just saw that!  Got an uber one.  
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Would love a stand alone book of the production of the film

That would be awesome.  Check out the Origins podcast with Jim Miller.....he did a 5 part podcast series on the whole story of the movie.  It was great.

https://www.originsthepodcast.com/
    I went cheap and just got the EP. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    axeljohan said:
    Everything is back in stock. Pulled the trigger on the colored vinyl. Used SUMMER25 für a 25%~discount. 

Thanks!
    axeljohan said:
    Thanks for the discount code! 
    The Nancy Wilson movie score is what made me get the Uber set.  Those are better than most of the songs themselves.  

“Cabin in the Air”
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    axeljohan said:
    I did too after that scare that they were sold out.  With the code it covered my tax, the Stillwater EP and then some.