Options

Has the band just forgotten how to play "Who you are" or something?

SpoutnikSpoutnik Posts: 26
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
..Or maybe the band just don't like it or feels it hasn't aged well.Because it's not like it's a b-side song,i mean,it's a official song from the No code album.Anyhow,i like that little tune,it would be a nice "curve ball" to throw in a set list once in a while.
She wears my love like a see-through dress
Her lips say one thing,her movements something else.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    One can only hope they break this gem out on the next tour.
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    if they can revive leash they can revive this one! my favorite song they haven't played.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I think they simply don't like the song or they're not proud of it, and that's why they don't play it.

The idea that they don't play it because it's "Jack's song" seems like a front to me the more I think about it.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    not the biggest fan of this song but for some reason i think it would sound good followed by marker in the sand.
  • Options
    Its a great song one of my favs off No Code however they have only ever played it with Jack on drums so I think it will remain that way.
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    i love this tune

but if you listen to the vocals it sounds as of its double tracked - might just be hard to do well live
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Its a great song one of my favs off No Code however they have only ever played it with Jack on drums so I think it will remain that way.

They only ever played Leash and Dirty Frank live with Dave A on drums, and now look, Matt's played them too.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    RevolverRevolver Posts: 34
    It's the most overrated song on No Code. Granted, it's my favorite album, but I would much rather hear rest of the album first.
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    could be my all time favorite song and one i will have to hear before my time here is up. the live versions i have heard aren't all that great, but with that being said i think the band as a whole sounds a hell of a lot better and that gives me hope that they can bust it out and make it what it is. It's possable that matt cant do the drum part, after all they did change In My Tree, but that a side, i think it will be played real soon.
    peace
  • Options
    PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    I think if Matt wanted to play it he could, the drums werent that out there and he is a bad-ass anyway.
    That being said, this is one of my favs and I would LOVE to hear it live.

Matt can (and did) also play the drums for In My Tree, but I think that it was probably a band decision to change the way they play that one. I almost like it better the way they play it now...
  • Options
    i rather hear otherside.
    06/23/2006 - Best night of my life.
    See yins in pittsburgh 2007
    Rock on steelers!

www.myspace.com/nickpc
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:
    i love this tune

but if you listen to the vocals it sounds as of its double tracked - might just be hard to do well live

Sounded really good live on the 96 tour. Really was better than live than on studio.
  • Options
    PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Sounded really good live on the 96 tour. Really was better than live than on studio.

ALL of thier songs seem to sound better live, IMO