POLL- The WEAKEST LINK: BEST PICTURE OSCAR WINNERS OF THE 1990s - ROUND 3

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
With the Oscars and other award shows over for the year, I figured a movie based 'Weakest Link' would be a fun thing. Since we are here in this forum for a 90s based band, I decided we could choose the BEST FILM for all the BEST PICTURE WINNERS of the 1990s.

Here we continue with Round 2 to determine the BEST OSCAR WINNING BEST PICTURE OF THE 1990S.

You are going to pick the film that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) movies with the most votes. We will then move on to Round 4.

Complete list of Best Picture Oscar Winners of the 1990s
1990, Dances with Wolves - Eliminated Round 2
1991, The Silence of the Lambs
1992, Unforgiven
1993, Schindler's List
1994, Forrest Gump
1995, Braveheart
1996, The English Patient - Eliminated Round 1
1997, Titanic - Eliminated Round 1
1998, Shakespeare in Love - Eliminated Round 1
1999, American Beauty - Eliminated Round 2

POLL- The WEAKEST LINK: BEST PICTURE OSCAR WINNERS OF THE 1990s - ROUND 3 35 votes

The Silence of the Lambs
5%
Papbrianlux 2 votes
Unforgiven
28%
darwinstheorymcgruff10Ledbetterman10markymark550Spiritual_ChaosHesCalledDyerGlowGirlGern Blanstentempo_n_groovebbiggs 10 votes
Schindler's List
20%
JimmyVerebusJohnny AbruzzoBLACK35SmallestOceansJojoRiceGlorified KC 7 votes
Forrest Gump
25%
hedonistBIGDaddyWildankindRiotZacteddieceeriepadaveF Me In The BrainHobbes1ThoughtKnown 9 votes
Braveheart
20%
mca47Thorns2010mickeyrattbergsAsterisk on the Streetmrussel1Matts3221 7 votes

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Braveheart
    Hard which one of the bottom 3 of the decade to vote for :pensive:

Braveheart, Gump or Schindler? Going for the most self righteous. I did enjoy it when it came out and it has some good parts.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Forrest Gump
    I picked Gump because I can’t stand that bastard...along with anyone who uses the tired “Run, Forrest, run!” trope.

Also, fuck Jenny. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Forrest Gump
    hedonist said:
    I picked Gump because I can’t stand that bastard...along with anyone who uses the tired “Run, Forrest, run!” trope.

Also, fuck Jenny. 
    Hahahaha.
    Awesome.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Schindler's List
    It doesn't feel good to vote Schindler out but it has to happen at some time. Now is that time. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Forrest Gump
    JimmyV said:
    It doesn't feel good to vote Schindler out but it has to happen at some time. Now is that time. 
    The best/most realistic character in the film is Amon Goeth; that's a fucking problem.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Unforgiven
    Anyone that votes for Gump is a communist...
    Forrest Gump
    Communist > a fan of Forrest Gump
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited May 2021
    Unforgiven
    Not the best list of films
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Unforgiven
    Scent of a Woman was such a better film than Unforgiven, definitely should have won the Oscar that year.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Braveheart
    mcgruff10 said:
    Scent of a Woman was such a better film than Unforgiven, definitely should have won the Oscar that year.
    Ugh, I hated that movie. Anything with Chris O'Donnell is basically dreck and it gave us hoo-ah from Pacino.
    Forrest Gump
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ugh, I hated that movie. Anything with Chris O'Donnell is basically dreck and it gave us hoo-ah from Pacino.
    :lol:

The Soup Nazi didn’t appreciate the whole hoo-ah thing either. 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Schindler's List
    Anyone who votes for Unforgiven is a monarchist.  =)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    Braveheart

he does have a king.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Forrest Gump
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yah, that Hoo-Ah thing was something, wasn't it.  Scent was hilarious - unfortunately for them it was not a comedy.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Unforgiven
    mcgruff10 said:
    Completely disagree....I thought Scent was awful.  Too much hoo hah shit and there is no way that fucker would have gotten out of that thanksgiving dinner alive.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Unforgiven
    I love the movie but just didn't think it was quite as great as Braveheart overall.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Schindler's List
    I love the movie but just didn't think it was quite as great as Braveheart overall.  
    I love Braveheart too - not sure which one I love more. Both have stars that kinda turned out to be jerks, especially Braveheart, but I'm not a cancelling type.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Unforgiven
    dankind said:
    Communist > a fan of Forrest Gump
    Dan the red...
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Forrest Gump
    Next movie on my list to obliterate now the DWW is gone. Better movies got robbed by the academy. 
    Forrest Gump
    I love Braveheart too - not sure which one I love more. Both have stars that kinda turned out to be jerks, especially Braveheart, but I'm not a cancelling type.
    What did Clint do? That’s the second time I’ve read something negative about him around here recently. 
    Schindler's List
    hedonist said:
    What did Clint do? That’s the second time I’ve read something negative about him around here recently. 
    Paralyzed the million dollar baby. IDK not gonna get into that. 

Braveheart
    Lots of great movies got robbed in the 90's, but none more than Shawshank. That was a shiv in the shower loss. 
    Forrest Gump
    tbergs said:
    Lots of great movies got robbed in the 90's, but none more than Shawshank. That was a shiv in the shower loss. 
    Sentimental pap!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    The Silence of the Lambs
    Am I the only one who is not a fan of Dahmer-like horror films?  Looks like it.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Unforgiven
    tbergs said:
    Lol. Come on now.

The biggets snub of the 90s was Linda Hamilton not winning or being nominated for Terminator 2.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    The Silence of the Lambs
    I don't have any particular stake in baking Forest Gump as good or great movie- I like it, didn't love it- but I have yet to understand why some loath that movie so much.  What is it about that film that some of you dislike (or even hate) so much?  I'm not defending the film or looking for an argument, just curious.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Forrest Gump
    I don't hate it, but I thought it was silly.
    The story, some of the acting, the story, the story, the story - cheeseball stuff.  
    Also, it gave the world people trying to imitate Tom Hanks' diction, which is not a good thing.
    Soooo many bad imitation attempts.
    Also....Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurants.
    Unforgiven
    THAT CGI FEATHER THOUGH
    Unforgiven
    The story, some of the acting, the story, the story, the story - cheeseball stuff.  
    Also, it gave the world people trying to imitate Tom Hanks' diction, which is not a good thing.
    The hate is strong with this one...
    Unforgiven
    It was a bit groundbreaking in the video department...inserting Gump into video with Kennedy, etc.  Also some great Vietnam scenes.

This discussion has been closed.