Options

What Bluetooth-speaker do you use?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,943
edited May 2021 in All Encompassing Trip
Yes, we all know that the Bluetooth-standard is a Swedish invention. 
And yes, we all know that Swedish IKEA has gotten great reviews for their line of Bluetooth speakers.

But what do you use?

I'm looking for something stylish, affordable and with good sound. But don't want to go the Marshall-route like it seems most people (at least here) used a few years back. I guess those speakers came with phone subscriptions or something... but will have it in my kitchen I think, so having it look like an Ace Frehley amp isn't really wehat I'm looking for.

Anyways, what bluetooth speaker do you use at home/taking with you on picnics? 
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    I use the JBL Flip 4 and like it a lot.  There’s a newer and/or larger version available as well.  

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Yes, we all know that the Bluetooth-standard is a Swedish invention. 
    And yes, we all know that Swedish IKEA has gotten great reviews for their line of Bluetooth speakers.

But what do you use?

I'm looking for something stylish, affordable and with good sound. But don't want to go the Marshall-route like it seems most people (at least here) used a few years back. I guess those speakers came with phone subscriptions or something... but will have it in my kitchen I think, so having it look like an Ace Frehley amp isn't really wehat I'm looking for.

Anyways, what bluetooth speaker do you use at home/taking with you on picnics? 
    Thank you Sweden for Bluetooth..

I use Ultimate Ears Megaboom as my portable speaker
    I have Bose Wave Sound Touch @ home
    I use AirPods at work…

All sound great…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I have three or four but lost the charger to my favorite.
    The Bose one is nice.
    None of the ones we use is loud enough, for me.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,694
    older bose soundlink. produces big sound for its size. 6 inch square maybe 2 inches deep.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,185
    https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/portable_speakers/soundlink-revolve-ii.html#v=soundlink_revolve_ii_black
    Still have the older Bose soundlink after 8 years or so and other than the battery life it has not skipped a beat. Got the new soundlink revolve about a year ago, no complaints.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    In the market too. Is the Sonos move worth it?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Its called CreativeD100.  Its alright.   Random Christmas present from a relative one year.  
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    In the market too. Is the Sonos move worth it?
    Sonos is pricey but worth it imo 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,943
    edited May 2021
    Heard by a friend Sonos is a bitch with their own app and problems with the connection. 

Just one persons opinion. 

This Bang Olufsen looks cute, but I do not buy leather:

This one is too expensive and big:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    I have three or four but lost the charger to my favorite.
    The Bose one is nice.
    None of the ones we use is loud enough, for me.

I have this Bose speaker.  Like most things "Bose", it's not cheap but it does sound good for being a tiny/portable speaker.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited May 2021
    This thing looks fun (and Swedish!): https://teenage.engineering/products/ob-4

https://youtu.be/rVYl9UKhvbk

https://youtu.be/1mBJWutYFDQ

We have a few of the company's pocket operator synths, and they're freaking fantastic.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I went with the Bose portable smart speaker. Was kinda hand in hand with sonos, a little cheaper and much smaller
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    what’s “bluetooth”? :confounded:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Kinda similar to "blue waffle"
    Google it.
    ;)

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,230
    Kinda similar to "blue waffle"
    Google it.
    ;)

...at work so you can test the company web filter system...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I have a pretty basic speaker that does the job. I use it in the kitchen or out by the bonfire all the time. It's pretty inexpensive and has a 3.5mm audio jack as well. I think I've had it about 7 or 8 years now. The bluetooth can get a little spotty if I put my phone in my pocket and I doubt I get 12 hours out of the battery anymore, but that may be due more to age than anything else. I've casually been browsing the market for a newer version, but also don't really need one. I don't use this speaker to power dance parties or rock my house. Just nice to have in other rooms or outside.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    tbergs said:
    I have a pretty basic speaker that does the job. I use it in the kitchen or out by the bonfire all the time. It's pretty inexpensive and has a 3.5mm audio jack as well. I think I've had it about 7 or 8 years now. The bluetooth can get a little spotty if I put my phone in my pocket and I doubt I get 12 hours out of the battery anymore, but that may be due more to age than anything else. I've casually been browsing the market for a newer version, but also don't really need one. I don't use this speaker to power dance parties or rock my house. Just nice to have in other rooms or outside.

I will check this out. I want one for my garage when I am working on something. I have been just using my phone out there with the volume up, but that doesn't quite cut it.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    I recently splurged on a Bose Soundlink Mini II for my office at work, and while it wasn't cheap, it was worth every penny. 
  • Options
    I recently splurged on a Bose Soundlink Mini II for my office at work, and while it wasn't cheap, it was worth every penny. 
    I've thought about upgrading at my office, but I still have my 20 year old pair of Boston Acoustics with sub-woofer that I got with my Gateway(!) computer back in college. Those things still kick ass out of my PC, but I have been contemplating getting a record player set-up so I can spin vinyl in my office; however, that seems like a waste of money borne of some niche desire rather than practicality.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    I've been rolling with this one the past couple years.  Great battery life and sounds pretty good to me.  Have an old JBL one that I use when doing stuff in the garage.  Not worth it to me to get a super expensive one with my kids spilling shit all over the place...

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Ultimate Ears Boom 3. Had it about a year and half and I really like it. 

Good size, waterproof, great sound. 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    Been using this for about a year. Sound quality is very good. Recommend if you have siriusxm subscription, as you can link your account through the bose app to play over wifi vs your phones bluetooth. 
  • Options
    Been using this for about a year. Sound quality is very good. Recommend if you have siriusxm subscription, as you can link your account through the bose app to play over wifi vs your phones bluetooth. 
    Is that able to be around water?
    If so that might be another good poolside option.  The one I've used for years is plugged into my old iPod.  No Bluetooth 
  • Options
    Is that able to be around water?
    If so that might be another good poolside option.  The one I've used for years is plugged into my old iPod.  No Bluetooth 
    It is. We take it to our friends pool or to the lake and is fine if it has water splashed on it. Submerged is a different story, obviously.
  • Options
    That’s the one I bought. Actually getting delivered today 
  • Options
    Good choice. 

The feature to play via wifi through the app is great. Keeps your phone free if you get a call and doesn't stop the music. Can still connect via Bluetooth if you prefer. Only SiriusXM and TuneIN work via the app on wifi.
  • Options
    Good choice. 

The feature to play via wifi through the app is great. Keeps your phone free if you get a call and doesn't stop the music. Can still connect via Bluetooth if you prefer. Only SiriusXM and TuneIN work via the app on wifi.
    Good stuff. I was between this and the Sonos move, but that’s so much bigger and seemed like a toss up sound wise with this one.

Definitely excited for the app aspect too. 
  • Options
    Awesome thanks for the info.