Avocado 15th Anniversary Track By Track SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
Go inside Pearl Jam's 8th studio album on its anniversary weekend with commentary from the band on every track.

Friday @ 8pm EST.

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    15 years gone by. Damn. Feels like it was a lifetime ago. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    15 years gone by. Damn. Feels like it was a lifetime ago. 
    Seriously… and still love that album
  • turner78turner78 Atlanta, GA Posts: 144
    Still my favorite of their albums since Binaural. Wish they would release a decent sounding version of it on vinyl. The remix of Inside Job is an abomination. 
    turner78 said:
    Still my favorite of their albums since Binaural. Wish they would release a decent sounding version of it on vinyl. The remix of Inside Job is an abomination. 
    I like it all better than the original release, but still listen to the original! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • turner78 said:

Honestly I am still wondering why the remix exists lol the dynamic range is just as bad if not worse, which renders it mostly just as ear-fatiguing so I would at least rather go for the original mix for historical purposes
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    That astoria gig when they played it all first time. Blew me away
     So small and powerful
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Awesome, love love love this album.
    Any chance you're going to record?? I don't have Sirius :(
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    turner78 said:

Honestly I am still wondering why the remix exists lol the dynamic range is just as bad if not worse, which renders it mostly just as ear-fatiguing so I would at least rather go for the original mix for historical purposes
    love Brendan O'Brien as an arranger and guidance of the process.  His output sound dynamics wise post Vitalogy is a bit of an abomination.  Pearl Jam vinyl pretty much sucks.  No dynamics range and if you dial the volume much past the midpoint on your system it is just loud.

The quieter songs sound okay, as soon as it is a heavy song it just gets garbled and dense at higher volumes.  The band likes the theory of vinyl, not the attention to detail.

Fortuntately the Vaults have been a bit better.  Frankly they should have Brett Eliason get together with Adam Kasper to get to original tapes and create a good output for vinyl listening. 

But we will probably get funny color versions of Vs, Vitalogy etal before a serious attempt to plate the catalog is ever done.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    a5pj said:

I will be recording. :)
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    can we bring up what rumored songs were bsides and didn't make the album etc? that would be awesome to go into as i believe there was a long list of them (or was that riot act?)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Such a gem of an album. Top 5 PJ for me. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    demetrios said:
    a5pj said:

I will be recording. :)
    Thank you !!! :hang_loose:
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• turner78turner78 Atlanta, GA Posts: 144
    PB11041 said:
    turner78 said:

love Brendan O'Brien as an arranger and guidance of the process.  His output sound dynamics wise post Vitalogy is a bit of an abomination.  Pearl Jam vinyl pretty much sucks.  No dynamics range and if you dial the volume much past the midpoint on your system it is just loud.

The quieter songs sound okay, as soon as it is a heavy song it just gets garbled and dense at higher volumes.  The band likes the theory of vinyl, not the attention to detail.

Fortuntately the Vaults have been a bit better.  Frankly they should have Brett Eliason get together with Adam Kasper to get to original tapes and create a good output for vinyl listening. 

But we will probably get funny color versions of Vs, Vitalogy etal before a serious attempt to plate the catalog is ever done.
    I don't mind them wanting to remix their albums for whatever reason. But if they are going to do it, just do what R.E.M. did with Monster and provide a set with both versions. Let your audience decide which version they want to listen to.
    Also, I hate to always bring up Wilco when I talk about vinyl releases, but they really seem to do it right. Big anniversary boxes with B sides, demos, live shows, etc. I would love to Pearl Jam to follow in a similar style. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    turner78 said:

It is close to the worst sounding record I own. If it wasn’t a PJ record I would have swapped it for something else a long time ago. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    Thought there would be more. Only played the first 4 songs 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Thought there would be more. Only played the first 4 songs 

The full Avocado album special is @ 8pm EST tonight.
    turner78 said:
    PB11041 said:
    turner78 said:

I don't mind them wanting to remix their albums for whatever reason. But if they are going to do it, just do what R.E.M. did with Monster and provide a set with both versions. Let your audience decide which version they want to listen to.
    Also, I hate to always bring up Wilco when I talk about vinyl releases, but they really seem to do it right. Big anniversary boxes with B sides, demos, live shows, etc. I would love to Pearl Jam to follow in a similar style. 
    Muted celebrations of their catalog is a PJ thing. Metallica and Wilco are great examples of bands that make bigger, expansive efforts to celebrate catalog and who also still make awesome new records. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    demetrios said: I will be recording. :)
    Even Flow Live - Immagine In Cornice - Pearl Jam on Make a GIF
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:

B)
    Avocado 15th Anniversary Track By Track SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio April 30th 2021

• ianh42ianh42 Posts: 193
    Love this album and absolutely loved the tour. We were so fortunate to see them at the Fonda in Hollywood and was such a killer show. It felt like we were right there because it’s a small venue. Also saw them in SB and Big Wave was especially fun. They opened that show with Oceans which was unforgettable. 
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
    Repeat today @ 12pm & 10pm EST.
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,181
    Curious if we can make a list of the standout live versions that are being played throughout the weekend. 

Inside Job Honolulu 12.2.06
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:

B)
    Happy Easter D! :smiley: Any link floating around?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    ianh42 said: Also saw them in SB and Big Wave was especially fun.
    :clap:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:

B)
    Happy Easter D! :smiley: Any link floating around?
    Happy Easter! PM sent.  :)
  • AM109094AM109094 Posts: 29
    demetrios, hope you can pm me the link as well.

thanks in advance!
    AM109094 said:
    demetrios, hope you can pm me the link as well.

thanks in advance!
    Of course. :)  
  • Would appreciate a link too. Thanks a bunch!