Road Rage

13»

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I assume most of the people buying these big trucks are for recreation and pleasure and are driven by young folks.  That’s not much different than growing up in the 70’s and early 80’s and young folks with their muscle cars...what’s the big deal?  

And trucks pull right behind me all the time...and I drive a Jeep Cherokee...it’s more about how people drive today than they did years ago.

I can see why people buy those trucks...they are damn comfy.

I’ll never own a puddle jumper...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    What does chasing them accomplish?

this refering to my dash cam suggestion?

if so, it wouldnt be brian chasing them. but recording the aggressive driving and tailgating
    I was referring to his story about chasing them for half a mile. No dash cam.

Strikes me as hot-headed and foolish (much like those being tsk’d).

...hence my question. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    These same dicks with trucks will get the loudest horn possible and then blast it as they drive by pedestrian's on sidewalks.  I've been blasted a few times and I can't imagine being elderly and getting startled like that.

Also the dicks that "roll smoke" or whatever they call it.  They will douse pedestrians or other drivers with thick black smoke intentionally.  Someday a pedestrian will get killed (if they haven't already) by breathing in that shit.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Not sure how many of you heard this story yet, mostly everyone around my area has and it's become pretty big news.  well on Wednesday evening around 5:30 a man shot and killed a young woman (18 years old) cause she wouldn't let him merge into the lane.  I use this road everyday and am usually on that road around that time (well maybe about 15 or so minutes beforehand).  Anyway the road is two lanes and eventually merges into one.  People tend to speed up and pass if someone goes slow.  Although sometimes around rush hour it get backed up for about a mile which is a pain.  I know some people like the "zipper" method which i understand and all.  Me personally, i don't see why people can't merge earlier if it's not too backed up. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/06/30/manhunt-underway-for-road-rage-suspect-accused-of-killing-pennsylvania-teenager/?utm_term=.20c89d13ac33

Early this morning they found the possible truck that was involved.  Guessing Hoping they find the man responsible for his actions.
    http://6abc.com/traffic/video-pickup-truck-recovered-in-road-rage-killing-case/2164008/

The zipper method does improve traffic flow.  And when I have to merge I always use the zipper method...

1.  Not that many utilize it, so for me it’s a perfectly legal and common sense way of getting out of the congestion.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Not sure how many of you heard this story yet, mostly everyone around my area has and it's become pretty big news.  well on Wednesday evening around 5:30 a man shot and killed a young woman (18 years old) cause she wouldn't let him merge into the lane.  I use this road everyday and am usually on that road around that time (well maybe about 15 or so minutes beforehand).  Anyway the road is two lanes and eventually merges into one.  People tend to speed up and pass if someone goes slow.  Although sometimes around rush hour it get backed up for about a mile which is a pain.  I know some people like the "zipper" method which i understand and all.  Me personally, i don't see why people can't merge earlier if it's not too backed up. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/06/30/manhunt-underway-for-road-rage-suspect-accused-of-killing-pennsylvania-teenager/?utm_term=.20c89d13ac33

Early this morning they found the possible truck that was involved.  Guessing Hoping they find the man responsible for his actions.
    http://6abc.com/traffic/video-pickup-truck-recovered-in-road-rage-killing-case/2164008/

The zipper method does improve traffic flow.  And when I have to merge I always use the zipper method...

1.  Not that many utilize it, so for me it’s a perfectly legal and common sense way of getting out of the congestion.

Zipper method is proven effective and cuts down on gridlock!

I will admit to not letting in

A- jerks I noticed driving earlier.
    B-jerks cutting a line
    c-jerks driving the shoulder and expecting to get in
    d-jerks not doing the zipper.

I will admit that I do cut the line every chance I get... I call it "the asshole lane".

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    These same dicks with trucks will get the loudest horn possible and then blast it as they drive by pedestrian's on sidewalks.  I've been blasted a few times and I can't imagine being elderly and getting startled like that.

Also the dicks that "roll smoke" or whatever they call it.  They will douse pedestrians or other drivers with thick black smoke intentionally.  Someday a pedestrian will get killed (if they haven't already) by breathing in that shit.
    How common is that? I’ve heard of that, but never actually happened to me or see it in person. So either I’m lucky or that’s pretty rare to happen.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited April 2021
    mace1229 said:

How common is that? I’ve heard of that, but never actually happened to me or see it in person. So either I’m lucky or that’s pretty rare to happen.
    Same here.  The only place I’ve actually seen it is on videos of confrontational political protests.  I think it is city slicker far right-wingers that never actually use the vehicles for their intended purposes.  They are the same ones that will spend $10,000 to drive from the city to shoot a whitetail deer on a canned hunt.  If only they knew how much they are mocked...
    Any actual farmer/rancher that needs those vehicles usually have scratches and dents and a cab full of dirt and tools, not freshly waxed paint with tire shine, lol
    They remind me of those “rhinestone cowboys” that would always show up at bars to start shit.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    mace1229 said:

Take a trip down into Southern Indiana/Illinois. It is a very common occurrence here.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited April 2021

B-jerks cutting a line

I will admit that I do cut the line every chance I get... I call it "the asshole lane".

Yeah, I'm always weary of judging those who wait out the merge until the last second because I've been there many times. Merging too early is as dumb as riding the shoulder past the merge. Zipper method to the end! I've also been known to get in the right lane and blow past the left lane before the right lane ends because people slow way the fuck down for some reason when they don't need to. My biggest issue is with the jackass who rides my ass and flashes their lights at me when there is a line of cars in front of me, like I'm the slow down. Driving is just too hard for some people.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    tbergs said:

B-jerks cutting a line

Yeah, I'm always weary of judging those who wait out the merge until the last second because I've been there many times. Merging too early is as dumb as riding the shoulder past the merge. Zipper method to the end! I've also been known to get in the right lane and blow past the left lane before the right lane ends because people slow way the fuck down for some reason when they don't need to. My biggest issue is with the jackass who rides my ass and flashes their lights at me when there is a line of cars in front of me, like I'm the slow down. Driving is just too hard for some people.
    So for whatever reason people from other parts of the world like to honk at the green lights when they are 10 cars back.  As soon as it's green and the cars don't move, HONK!!!! 

I purposely drive slower when someone does that.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    mace1229 said:

Take a trip down into Southern Indiana/Illinois. It is a very common occurrence here.
    yep....I'm in central IN but it happens here and it happened to us in Chicago.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956

B-jerks cutting a line

I do B-D. Not sure how many times I remember a jerk move from earlier to not let them in, but I would support anyone doing that.
    I love nudging out someone who drove in the shoulder trying to cut in line. But in the end, they always get right behind me and still cut in front of a bunch of cars. Then look at me like i'm the a-hole for being so aggressive about not letting them in too.
    So many people in Colorado don't understand the zipper method, it baffles me. 
    I also look like the a-hole when people zipper way too early and there's still 1/2 mile of road that I keep driving on. Seems like people either don't zipper, or they do it when they see the first construction sign warning way ahead of the actual closed lane.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:

if so, it wouldnt be brian chasing them. but recording the aggressive driving and tailgating

...hence my question. 

gotcha. missed that part.

and you're right, these days it is foolish....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    In my neighborhood there is a 90+% chance that if I hear a booming sub-woofer it is coming from a beat up and rusty 10+ yr old SUV of some sort.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    PJPOWER said:
    dankind said:
    I had a window-rattling booming system in my teenage whip. And yes, it was probably worth more than the car (a Monza). Actually, come to think of it, I had a pretty booming system in my next car, too, and it was probably also worth more than the vehicle (a Storm).

If I could get away with it as a grown-up, I'd totally add one to the family truckster.

"Nothing sounds quite like an EIGHT-OH-EIGHT!"

I can't judge someone too harshly who loves bass so much that they want too feel it. To be completely honest, I still blast the radio when I'm driving alone (and sometimes with the kids :smiley: ). I'm OK with being that kind of asshole, I guess. :lol:

Maybe it comes from doing most of my listening through headphones, so when I use loudspeakers, that shit needs to be, well, loud.
    It’s fine to love bass, and want to feel it.  Hell, I do too, but if you pull up next to some one and are rattling their windows, it’s just rude and obnoxious and screams narcissist.  Why not just wear headphones at that point since you cannot hear anything (emergency vehicles, etc) anyways...I wouldn’t blink an eye if I saw someone keying their car.
    Keying their car?  Low shit right there.  You never mess with another persons food or property.  

I agree but would add it's never right to mess with someones peace of mind.  Pulling up to or behind someone and rattling their brains with massively loud subwoofers is, to my way of thinking, just as bad as keying someone's car.  It's rude, obnoxious and can be very painful if the subject of the noise has a headache or migraine or hyperacusis.  It's just simply wrong to do that to others.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:

...hence my question. 

I would have actually preferred to lead, not follow but, unfortunately, all three of my 007 defender mechanisms were out of order: the door to release newspaper to blind the guy behind me, the oil slick release mechanism to send him into a skid, and the taillight machine guns.  Plus, I haven't gotten around to having these installed:
    The Next 007

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It was a sincere question. Ah well. 

B-jerks cutting a line

I’m not a dick about.  Usually someone leaves a gap to get in or let’s me in.  I always signal my intentions.

Most people tend to be reasonable.

what I don’t like is these assholes in the city who expect me to let them because they failed to merge in time to turn onto another city road.

I usually only zipper merge in construction zones...
    Give Peas A Chance…

I see a lot of females driving these bid pickups...I guess they to must be lacking in the lady bits area as well.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    hedonist said:
    It was a sincere question. Ah well. 

I'm sorry, yes it was. 
    I didn't chase him like cops and robbers chasing, I just stayed behind him and when he turned off, I was glad to be clear of the guy.  At the same time,  with me behind him, I hope maybe in his mind he thought I was chasing him and that maybe he will think twice next time.  I mean, what if I was some hot head packing heat?  I don't, but a lot of people do.  Harassing other drivers is really stupid.  People get shot by doing that.  Maybe I did the guy a favor, who knows.

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    edited April 2021
    doing something stupid to other drivers because they did something stupid is stupid.

Just move on with your life