Nba topshot

Anyone else collect nba topshot moments?

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Anyone else collect nba topshot moments?
    I'm doing it only to resell/

It's the dumbest thing I have ever heard of doing and should have zero value but as long as other people are going to buy the shit I'll keep purchasing.
  • Any luck in today’s drop? I struck out. I agree it is dumb but yeah I’m in in to profit also which I think most are despite what they say
    No I did not try.  They have these loopholes on what you can buy and can't so I have been reluctant to add myself to the account just yet but I'm planning on it.
  • No I did not try.  They have these loopholes on what you can buy and can't so I have been reluctant to add myself to the account just yet but I'm planning on it.
    Yup but today was a no requirement drop. 
    No I did not try.  They have these loopholes on what you can buy and can't so I have been reluctant to add myself to the account just yet but I'm planning on it.
    I'm looking into TOPPS now and want to join.  My fucking head hurts from trying to follow everything.  So you go from etopps to sign up and it brings you to simplex, a company in Lithuania that has you sign up for a wallet with WAX and they only take credit cards and want a wee bit more info than I'm used to giving out...

It's a lot of crap to try and make money.  It appears these companies are doing this to turn their sales into crypto for themselves.

Just trying to wrap my head around all the layers that these things have is mindnumbing.
  • No I did not try.  They have these loopholes on what you can buy and can't so I have been reluctant to add myself to the account just yet but I'm planning on it.
    I'm looking into TOPPS now and want to join.  My fucking head hurts from trying to follow everything.  So you go from etopps to sign up and it brings you to simplex, a company in Lithuania that has you sign up for a wallet with WAX and they only take credit cards and want a wee bit more info than I'm used to giving out...

It's a lot of crap to try and make money.  It appears these companies are doing this to turn their sales into crypto for themselves.

Just trying to wrap my head around all the layers that these things have is mindnumbing.
    Yeah it’s a lot. I’m signed up for topps also. So many different companies coming out. A lot of these do make your head hurt trying to figure everything out. Did you get the opening day pack?
  • Here’s a ufc one being launched soon by dapperlabs. https://ufc.onflow.org/
  • Any luck on the topps drop? This is the biggest cluster I’ve come across 
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I joined Top Shot out of boredom, and if I cashed out now I would double my modest investment. Trying to decide whether to purchase this Throw Down pack in 7 minutes. $149 feels a little steep.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    I can't bring myself to do this.  I just don't see anything good that can come from it.  These are like beanie babies...
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    They are worse than beanie babies. You don't even have a piece of junk to collect dust on a shelf. 
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    They are worse than beanie babies. You don't even have a piece of junk to collect dust on a shelf. 
    I have a hard time getting into anything that I see dumb, i.e. pogs, beanie babies, digital NFT's...  I know I can make money but I just can't make the leap...

Somebody help me do it.
  • edited May 2021
    I have a hard time getting into anything that I see dumb, i.e. pogs, beanie babies, digital NFT's...  I know I can make money but I just can't make the leap...

Somebody help me do it.
    I say start off slow and see how you like it. Topshot is doing $9 guaranteed pack drops weekly now. I bought the rare pack yesterday and it wasn’t profitable but not all packs will be nor should they be. I’d describe my pack as a break even pack. I’m banking on nft’s and ethereum being big. I have around 50 moments or so now.

Somebody help me do it.
    I say start off slow and see how you like it. Topshot is doing $9 guaranteed pack drops weekly now. I bought the rare pack yesterday and it wasn’t profitable but not all packs will be nor should they be. I’d describe my pack as a break even pack. I’m banking on nft’s and ethereum being big. 
    So it's just like opening a pack of sports cards anyways, lol.

I would have bought 10 packs of rare if I could.  I don't just dip a toe.  If I am going to make money I want a killing, not a chance at it.

$9 packs?  What good is coming out of those?
  • Anyone in? 
  • Not bothering.

Question about this.  Fanatics has NBA player rights.  Will they take over the NFT's now or will the NBA continue to make them there selves still?
  • Not bothering.

Question about this.  Fanatics has NBA player rights.  Will they take over the NFT's now or will the NBA continue to make them there selves still?
    I believe topshot has a deal with the nba or the nbapa