Pearl Jam Alive 12" Single confirmed for RSD Drop 1 (Now moved to drop 2)

joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
edited June 2021 in The Porch

Post edited by joeembleton on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Excellent!  B)
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    The list I saw said July 17th, which is drop 2.  
  • CooterCooter Posts: 153
    Also, a cassette single if you're into that sort of thing. I hate being embargoed. Here's the write up of both.

Vinyl
    The 12” features the original promo single version of “Alive” plus three rare b-sides: “Wash”, “Dirty Frank” and the Beatles’ cover “I’ve Got A Feeling”, which is currently not available anywhere else. All four tracks are included on side A while side B contains an etching of the band’s ‘Stick Man’ logo. Side A 1. Alive 2. Wash 3. I’ve Got A Feeling 4. Dirty Frank Side B Etching

Cassette
    2021 marks the 30th anniversary of Pearl Jam’s iconic debut album ‘Ten’. “Alive” was the first single off the album and 30 years later it’s being reissued as both a 12” and a cassette single. The “Alive” cassette single is a replica of the promo cassette that was originally used around the album’s release. It includes the promo single version of “Alive” plus “Wash” and “I’ve Got A Feeling”, repeated on both sides. Side A 1. Alive (promo single version) 2. Wash (original version) 3. I’ve Got A Feeling Side B Repeat Side A program
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492
    according to the RSD web site this is a 'rsd first release'...meaning it'll be available after rsd too so don't go freaking out if you can't get it on july 17
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
    according to the RSD web site this is a 'rsd first release'...meaning it'll be available after rsd too so don't go freaking out if you can't get it on july 17
    Also, the 12" says 18500 will be available.
    kramer73 said:
    Also, the 12" says 18500 will be available.
    Damn!
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    Saw Stillwater Demos EP also available - any idea if that's the McCready Almost Famous project? 
    nuzzer1 said:
    Saw Stillwater Demos EP also available - any idea if that's the McCready Almost Famous project? 
    Would be nice, but there was a band called Stillwater.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    edited April 2021
    I took a quick look at the list and the PJ one and Echo and the Bunnymen live are the only 2 that leap out at me as something I would really like to get. It says there will be 18,500 copies of PJ, so getting one online if I strike out at my local shop shouldn't be too difficult.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • CooterCooter Posts: 153
    nuzzer1 said:
    Here's what I got on that one.

Six demos recorded by Nancy Wilson and Peter Frampton for the songs they wrote for the fictional band in the iconic rock film ALMOST FAMOUS. Vinyl available exclusively for Record Store Day 2021! Side A 1. Fever Dog (Demo) – Nancy Wilson 2. Love Thing (Demo) – Nancy Wilson 3. Chance Upon You (Demo) – Nancy Wilson Side B 1. Love Comes And Goes (Demo) – Nancy Wilson 2. You Had To Be There (Demo) – Peter Frampton, Wayne Kirkpatrick and Gordon Kennedy 3. Hour Of Need (Demo) – Peter Frampton, Wayne Kirkpatrick and Gordon Kennedy

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I took a quick look at the list and the PJ one and Echo and the Bunnymen live are the only 2 that leap out at me as something I would really like to get. It says there will be 18,500 copies of PJ, so getting one online if I strike out at my local shop shouldn't be too difficult.
    No, 18,500. That is a lot. So shouldn't be a problem. I would think they would release some here as well.
    Cooter said:
    nuzzer1 said:

Six demos recorded by Nancy Wilson and Peter Frampton for the songs they wrote for the fictional band in the iconic rock film ALMOST FAMOUS. Vinyl available exclusively for Record Store Day 2021! Side A 1. Fever Dog (Demo) – Nancy Wilson 2. Love Thing (Demo) – Nancy Wilson 3. Chance Upon You (Demo) – Nancy Wilson Side B 1. Love Comes And Goes (Demo) – Nancy Wilson 2. You Had To Be There (Demo) – Peter Frampton, Wayne Kirkpatrick and Gordon Kennedy 3. Hour Of Need (Demo) – Peter Frampton, Wayne Kirkpatrick and Gordon Kennedy

Well, that adds another one to my list.  
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    No Sweet Relief though. It was supposed to be released last year, but got cancelled. Hopefully it is added in before RSD. I really want that on vinyl.
    kramer73 said:
    Cooter said:
    nuzzer1 said:

Well, that adds another one to my list.  

Same for me.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Some good pick ups this year. Mainly re-issues and live albums, but still 
  • Best news in this thread is about Stillwater.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I think I have the Stillwater tracks on my Almost Famous soundtrack vinyl, but a standalone would also be cool.

I'm also a big fan of getting I've got a Feeling on vinyl :)

• brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    18,500 is an enormous number
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited April 2021
    18,500 is an enormous number
    But yet just like PJ Unplugged and Live at Easy Street people will freak out lol
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    nuzzer1 said:
    @nuzzer1
    Peter Frampton did those. I think Mike played on couple tracks. I have the Stillwater CD that came with the deluxe DVD if you want me to rip and share. Text me! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Maybe not the most exciting release but of course I'll grab.
    30th anniversary so I guess only to be expected.

Not a lot interests me on the list, maybe the Soft Bulletin companion LP.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    FR181798 said:
    Maybe not the most exciting release but of course I'll grab.
    30th anniversary so I guess only to be expected.

Not a lot interests me on the list, maybe the Soft Bulletin companion LP.
    RATM and Grateful Dead 72 are on my list 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    Where does it say RSD first? Either way I don't think it matters because Unplugged was exclusive and that didn't mean anything 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Where does it say RSD first? Either way I don't think it matters because Unplugged was exclusive and that didn't mean anything 

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    demetrios said:
    igotid88 said:

Okay. I was looking at the details instead of the bigger yellow part
    I miss igotid88
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    The Replacements
    The Lemonheads
    Linkin Park
    Alive single
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    I wish they would throw something in we haven’t heard on releases like this. Don’t get me wrong, it’s cool and I will try and pick it up but we’ve all heard and owned these tracks many times. Cool to have on vinyl but maybe give us one new version or demo or something that’s makes me think I really need this release.