Binge Watching Suggestions While Under Quarantine

Comments

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    GlowGirl said:
    Just finished all of Schitt’s Creek. Loved it. I was getting used to watching 2 episodes a day. I am sad it’s over. I just binged season 3 of Search Party. I had watched the first two seasons when they aired on TBS (I think) but after it moved to HBO Max I lost track of it. Just found it again this week. Have any of you watched it?
    We watched season 1, but had no idea there were two other seasons.  We’ll have to check them out.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Never watched will take a look.
    Watching Manhunt Deadly Games right now....makes me with Mindhunter was coming back for S3
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Watching Manhunt Deadly Games right now....makes me with Mindhunter was coming back for S3
    Awesome!  We loved Mindhunter.

• Schitt's Creek is amazing.  I really enjoyed it and would recommend this programme to everyone, thoroughly enjoyable and hilarious!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Awesome!  We loved Mindhunter.

Yeah it is not nearly as good but made me wish for S3.  Sucks they canned it.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    edited December 2020
    GlowGirl said:
    Just finished all of Schitt’s Creek. Loved it. I was getting used to watching 2 episodes a day. I am sad it’s over. I just binged season 3 of Search Party. I had watched the first two seasons when they aired on TBS (I think) but after it moved to HBO Max I lost track of it. Just found it again this week. Have any of you watched it?
    We watched season 1, but had no idea there were two other seasons.  We’ll have to check them out.
    I am sure all three seasons are now out on HBO Max. I heard season 4 was coming out in the Spring. 
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    I just finished watching Manhunt Deadly Games. Most of it was filmed in the Pittsburgh area.
    I just finished watching Manhunt Deadly Games. Most of it was filmed in the Pittsburgh area.
    I didn't know that, interesting.

I just started rewatching Mad Men. I watched the whole series when it was originally on, and loved it. Decided to give it another go through. I forgot how infuriatingly misogynous the first few seasons are. But I love the fashions and the furniture and all that mid-century debauchery. It makes me want to have a martini and a cigarette, and I don't even smoke cigarettes.
    GlowGirl said:
    I just started rewatching Mad Men. I watched the whole series when it was originally on, and loved it. Decided to give it another go through. I forgot how infuriatingly misogynous the first few seasons are. But I love the fashions and the furniture and all that mid-century debauchery. It makes me want to have a martini and a cigarette, and I don't even smoke cigarettes.
    Oh my - there is a show to make a person drink and smoke, for sure.
    I loved that show - grew tired with it at parts but liked how they ended it.  
    Roger was the best/worst.
    Roger is terrible and awesome all at once. It is also interesting to see some actors with bit parts in it go on to do bigger things. In the first episode Kristen Schaal had a few lines as a switchboard operator. Now she is has been on Flight of the Conchords, Last Man on Earth, and Bob's Burgers. The second episode has Maggie Siff who plays Rachel Menken. She went on to Sons of Anarchy, and now Billions. I am sure as I keep rewatching I will see others as well in their early roles. I will probably also catch things I missed the first time around in the foreshadowing. Looking forward to spending the next few months with it.
    Mel was in there?
    Ha.  Love some creepy Mel.
    Mel was in there?
    Ha.  Love some creepy Mel.
    Yeah. If you blink you would miss her. She is early on in the first episode when Joan introduces Peggy to the switchboard operators. 
    Signed back up for CBS All Access now that Discovery S3 and The Stand episodes are all there.
    $9.99 for a month and I think I can watch those two seasons in a month and then cancel again.  (Until Picard S2 is ready)
    Love that I can pay for a month and then cancel, again.

Watched the first two episodes of Discovery S3 last night.
    Really, really, good.  Best Trek since TNG, for me, by far.  Love it.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    is The Wonder Years on any streaming services? I checked the ones i have (netflix and Amazon Prime) but not on there.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    I don't think it is available on any of the ones I subscribe to.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    is The Wonder Years on any streaming services? I checked the ones i have (netflix and Amazon Prime) but not on there.
    Hulu, I believe (at least it was on there a few months ago). Loved that show. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    hedonist said:
    Hulu, I believe (at least it was on there a few months ago). Loved that show. 
    ahhh, don't have Hulu

Came across a suggested clip of the show on youtube. Man haven't watched that show in years. Need to revisit it.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    I have finally binged Cobra Kai.  I’m three episodes into season 3.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Signed back up for CBS All Access now that Discovery S3 and The Stand episodes are all there.
    $9.99 for a month and I think I can watch those two seasons in a month and then cancel again.  (Until Picard S2 is ready)

CBS All Access will be rebranded as Paramount+ on March 4. Special currently offered: 12 months for $30. Paramount+ - Stream live TV, movies, originals, sports, news, and more (paramountplus.com)
    Hobbes said:

CBS All Access will be rebranded as Paramount+ on March 4. Special currently offered: 12 months for $30. Paramount+ - Stream live TV, movies, originals, sports, news, and more (paramountplus.com)

Thanks!  Maybe next time they update the shows I want I will add.  Think I can get Discovery and The Stand in within the single month I already paid for.  Don't care for $30 so much as I choke on the fact that I pay for Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ Package...although at least I get HBO Max for free as a guest.  Where does it end!  :lol:     
  • WANDAVISION is the greatest thing to come to TV in a long time. Almost like Lost its fun to watch week to week and keep guessing , I think the first 7 eps are available right now on Disney Plus.

All I can say if you are turned off by the previews is , its not what you think .

My new favorite game show is The Hustler.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Matts3221 said:

is the greatest thing to come to TV in a long time. Almost like Lost its fun to watch week to week and keep guessing , I think the first 7 eps are available right now on Disney Plus.

All I can say if you are turned off by the previews is , its not what you think .

I have this show on my list but should i know the Marvel universe??..i have no idea about it..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    rewatching Brooklyn 99.
    The 6th season is subpar.
    The seventh season makes up for it.
    Cut a few of the lesser characters and this would be an all-time comedy for me.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    rewatching the Office. (minus the last two seasons)

This is an all-time comedy. (even if including the last 2 seasons)

Not as good second time through, although.

Still trying to reason if the documentary style helps the comedy or is an unneeded gimmick.

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • 23scidoo said:
    Matts3221 said:

is the greatest thing to come to TV in a long time. Almost like Lost its fun to watch week to week and keep guessing , I think the first 7 eps are available right now on Disney Plus.

I have this show on my list but should i know the Marvel universe??..i have no idea about it..

I don't think you would have to know the Marvel Universe , however it helps enjoy the show on a deeper level , as there people on the show from Marvel Universe that are not superheros.

At a minimum I would suggest watching Avengers: Infinity War & Avengers: End Game and maybe in Avengers: Age Of Ultron before watching this but you don't have to see all the films.

Started The Stand last night, viewing with the wife.  This is one of my favorite King novels....and also a reminder to bring my patience to a viewing of book-turned-show when viewing with a non-reader.
    :lol: 

Interested first episodes, want to see how quickly they move it along.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    as said a hundred times:

Game of Thrones-  if you like medieval and fantasy shit like dragons and zombies.  Amazing plot twists and multifaceted interwoven story lines.  Lots of blood/gore/sex/violence  If you like this genre it is a cannot wait for the next episode type show.  A lot of names and shit to remember though.  Don't get too attached to anyone.  You have to like knights and castle type stuff, or the genre may be too hard for you to get over.

Walking dead-  more than a Zombie show.  characters are great, and it is more about them than just killing a bunch of zombies.  I find it gets better each season, and I love the characters more each season as well.  Lots of gore/blood/squishy sounds-  Great villains  I can watch episodes over and over and never tire.

24-  as intense and non-stop action as it gets.  You are on the edge of your seat almost every second.  Just be ready for a lot of Kiefer screaming.  If you love Adeline, this is your show. Every episode is in real time, one season is for literally 24 hours total (minus commercials), so it unfolds in pretty much a life like time frame.

Rescue Me-  Hilarious fire fighter drama-  Dennis Leary humor and un-political correctness abound.  Deep heartfelt moments as well.  Hilarious characters and situations.  one of the best DRAMEDIES there is

LOST-  gets better as it goes on, wains a little near the end.  Exciting, very unexpected outcomes. way better than I thought. I avoided it for years and finally broke down (like walking dead) and ended up loving it.

The SHIELD-  man, as dark and gripping a show as there ever was.  What are we willing to do/overlook in the name of justice?  Some great TV, some make your jaw drop holy shit did he just do that type stuff.  A great Cop drama, just really gets into the dirt of humanity at times

This is US-  if you want a great show about real life, and cry almost every episode this is your show!  Damn good story that is just unreal as far as how it unfolds and interconnects the seasons and characters.

Burn Notice- sort of a not quite as good as the rest series, but just enough to keep you interested and watching it is sort like 24's little brother.  More humor than normal dramas, and some pretty cool plot twists.  I enjoyed it with my wife, not excessively violent or full of profanity, just a good network series on spies.

Kobra Kai-  fucking love it- so cheeesy and bad it is good.  nostalgia is off the charts and makes this a must for children of the 80's

Breaking Bad-  man this was good- shocks galore, great characters, plot twists, humor, dark and dirty, it has it all.

Spin off of breaking bad-- Better Call Saul-  not as good as breaking bad, but if you like characters and how they become who they are, this is a winner.  A great partner to the show, you could watch it before or after BB and it would still work.

Homeland-  sort of 24 lite, not quite as intense, but a little more studio feel.  I think the time being drawn out longer than 24 makes it seem to drag a little-  Lost interest in the later seasons, started to get a little to out there.

Blindspot-  strange cop/detective show.  It was really good at first and was sort a fresh approach, lost a little umph in late seasons for me.

Vikings- like GOT- if you love battle axes, boorish men and super awesome badass shield maidens, this show is pretty amazing.  Vikings based loosely on history, some amazing plot twists and characters.  the show gets bigger and bigger each season.  If you like Vikings yhis is a great show.

Last Kingdom-  Similar to Vikings in a lot of ways.  More humor, great story lines that keep you guessing.  Lots of battles and axes.  A main character you really get behind.

The Witcher-  strange, one of those overly computer graphics type sci-fi fantasy shows I just cannot stop watching for some reason.  Really dark demonic type stuff, but despite the cheese factor through the roof you just keep clicking next episode!

Barbarians-  only one season- liked it enough, cool costumes and Roman theme-  another if you like the battle type historical stuff, this is another good one.

Shows we watched and never dug enough or just never got into: 
    The Wire-always waiting for something big...just never felt I got it.  It is good, but it needed some of the pace of 24 more often

Ozarks- just didn't click with me

Tiger King- man this is one fucked up show
    Mr Mercedes