Options

*** Adelaide 1 Fanviews Here 21/11/06 ***

Comments

• Options
    Zoso wrote:
    aww thats awesome stella really pleased u liked it that much. It was just something special from the boys and we knew how to make them feel at home huh we rocked Im proud of us! They gave you black again....

the grins won't be wiped from our faces for awhile :)

2 haunting blacks now... melb 1 was special... now adelaide's... :o

ahhh gotta rest, cya tomorrow tim! :D
    wah
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    the grins won't be wiped from our faces for awhile :)

2 haunting blacks now... melb 1 was special... now adelaide's... :o

ahhh gotta rest, cya tomorrow tim! :D

cya than my voice is screwed haha.... so much fun.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Dont wanna seem like we are overly passionate about Adelaide, but we usually get arsed out of shows - and after the terribly pityful performance at U2 it was gratifying to see a decent audience tonight - was quite suprised to see how much we got into it... very good! We have seen quite a few shows through Australia and reaslly didn't expect the positivity we got tonight, and for that matter have not seen in Adelaide for quite a while...
    Can't wait for the next one - should be pretty intimate, seeings that the tickets are not selling like tonight, but lets face it, that's the curse and beauty of Adelaide...!
    adelaide 2003, madrid 2006, marseille 2006, paris 2006, melbourne 2006, adelaide x 2 2006,
  • Options
    Was No Woman, No Cry the full version, w/ the band, or was it just an Ed intro into Betterman?
    Grand Rapids 10/3/04, Kitchener 9/11/05, Grand Rapids 5/19/06, Detroit 5/22/06

"Who set the standard, born to be rich--Paris Hilton--Such fine example, skinny little bitch" -Ed, 5/19/06

www.myspace.com/radiomessiah
  • Options
    2 haunting blacks now...

Michael Richards is feeling the exact same way right now.
  • Options
    PJLeaver44 wrote:
    Was No Woman, No Cry the full version, w/ the band, or was it just an Ed intro into Betterman?

Ditto.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    It was the into to Better Man, but went for much longer (or so it seems) than the previous one in Arnhem.
  • Options
    KAHKAH Posts: 10
    WOW! What an awesome night - my voice, feet and hands are aching right now and I'm still delirious from last night! It's still surreal hearing PJ play in my home town!

Firstly - thanks so much to the band for playing BABA - I've been waiting so long to hear it live and it exceeded all expectations!

Secondly - loved the crowd! Was surprised how much the floor section was getting into Kings of Leon, but it was fantastic! Was no surprise then that they were all going off for PJ - great to see everyone enjoying themselves so much!!!

What a rocking start to the set - playing Evolution, God's Dice (awesome), Once and SOLAT so early in the night - awesome! Immortality was fantastic - I've never been able to get into that song - but I guess that's because I hadn't heard it live!

Wishlist was great as always - the extra lyrics at the end were - "I wish I lived in Adelaide/ Take a break from the USA / Write some songs and catch some waves / Walk on the beach and get laid" or something like that.

Loved the tags on daughter … so great to hear war and I always love it when they play interstellar before corduroy!

The encores were priceless! Hearing MOTH was beautiful as always, and finally I got to hear the save it for later tag on better man… has anyone mentioned the "eddie" chant in the middle of better man - he couldn't continue for a while!

Black was fantastic, with the crowd continuing the "do do do do do do dos" for quite some time after the band had finished…

LOVED hearing Last Kiss live - such a great sing a long!

STONE was fantastic in don't gimme no lip - thanks for the group a couple rows in front who started the "let stone sing" chant.

Always love hearing Last Exit - one of my favourites!

And BABA to end the night … what can I say - truly awesome!

Thanks to the band for still rocking so hard as the tour nears the end - especially to Ed who was obviously really sick last night.

Now all that's left is to hear is In Hiding, In My Tree, Breakerfall and Leash tonight!!! Bring it on!
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    awesome show!
    awesome setlist! great mix of new and old and semi old. black was special, as was wishlist. stone sang which was wicked.

this is my fourth show this tour and i can safely say the crowd was WAY more rockin than melbourne. and the band appreciated it.

cant wait for tonight, FRONT ROW!
    we are making a hard to imagine sign today so hopefully they'll play it tonight

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    Such a great show...So proud of my Adelaide town, coz lets face it, I'm not the only one who had doubts about whether the crowd would be good.

The look on Eddie's face at the end of black was priceless. See you all tonight, although my seats will be no where near as good (as no 10C), I still can't wait)

Can't wait for Perth too..Hope Eddie's health can sustain...
    "this is such a happening tail-pipe of a party"

Adelaide 98; Adelaide 03; Melbourne 03 #2; Brisbane 06 #2; Adelaide 06 #1 & #2; Perth 06; Adelaide 09; Melbourne 09; Gold Coast BDO 14; Adelaide BDO 14
    EV Aus 2011: Adelaide #1 & #2; Canberra
  • Options
    miss edith wrote:
    This show was something else - any cynical bastard who dares bag any part of this show is a moron, and more over Adelaide WELL DONE WE ROCKED!!!

adelaide is a beautiful city. its just that its full of south australians.
  • Options
    DM76DM76 Posts: 54
    Very proud to be a Adelaidian today....after speaking to other 10C members who were scathing of some of the syd/melb shows....adelaide completely rocked out last night.

The crowd was fully into it...(led by 10C) of course....set list was an absolute cracker

Highlight was Black (do -do-do-dododo) chant after the song resembled something of a south american concert which had the band ...esp ed stunned!!!!!

2nd row last night.....15th tonight :(
    im sure we are in for another special set.
    1995 ~ Canberra NATEX 1998 ~ Thebarton Oval Adelaide 2003 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2006 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2009 ~ Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) 2009 ~ Melbourne (Etihad Stadiuml) 2011 ~ Eddie Vedder 1& 2 ( Thebarton Theatre) 2014~ Gold Coast ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Melbourne ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Adelaide ( Big Day Out)
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    i think all the guys have enjoyed australia a lot - never mind the ones with their butts superglues to their seats - they also have a great fanbase that have made them feel welcome and special at every show

hearing stone sing would have been great - solat, the wishlist lyric changes, sounds like a great nite.

its a shitter about ed getting down tho - some relaxation time may be needed methinks
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    HazzaHazza Posts: 17
    Thanks a tonne to the 10C guys for driving this show, was fantastic.

Where to begin? Started with Small Town, Ed popped a line in "It's been two years since with been to adelaide" or something to that effect, they then blew us away with Go, and true to Aussie crowds eveyone was singing "Pleeaaase don't go on me" etc.

God's Dice was amazing, not many people seemed to know it ;)

In the intro to Army Reserve the 10c guys were chanting "Let stone sing, let stone sing!" and Ed stopped, and said he'd put it into consideration for later on.

What else? They played annother request for someone at the front of the house who had a banner saying "Sad" on it, Ed made them chuck it up so he could see who to dedicate it too.

I was thinking, holy cow, we were going to get all of the "big" numbers in one show, except for Jeremy, but Jeff got out the 12 string and turned his amp up, and as Why Go had allready been played we knew what we were going to get, Ed said something along the lines of "We'll let us take you to town on this one"

Ah, and when they came out for their second encore, Stone had the acoustic, and Mike had a hollow body, I was trying to work out what they were going to play when Ed said "The good thing about having a crowd like you guys is you can play songs like this..." and then they launched into Last Kiss and everyone went crazy.

Now you gotta wonder what they're going to play tomorrow? Hopefully some Riot Act and No Code stuff ;)

Wow, amazing night. I'm glad I came to Adelaide to see PJ and not Sydney or Melbourne. Amazing stuff.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Hazza wrote:
    Thanks a tonne to the 10C guys for driving this show, was fantastic.

Where to begin? Started with Small Town, Ed popped a line in "It's been two years since with been to adelaide" or something to that effect, they then blew us away with Go, and true to Aussie crowds eveyone was singing "Pleeaaase don't go on me" etc.

God's Dice was amazing, not many people seemed to know it ;)

In the intro to Army Reserve the 10c guys were chanting "Let stone sing, let stone sing!" and Ed stopped, and said he'd put it into consideration for later on.

What else? They played annother request for someone at the front of the house who had a banner saying "Sad" on it, Ed made them chuck it up so he could see who to dedicate it too.

I was thinking, holy cow, we were going to get all of the "big" numbers in one show, except for Jeremy, but Jeff got out the 12 string and turned his amp up, and as Why Go had allready been played we knew what we were going to get, Ed said something along the lines of "We'll let us take you to town on this one"

Ah, and when they came out for their second encore, Stone had the acoustic, and Mike had a hollow body, I was trying to work out what they were going to play when Ed said "The good thing about having a crowd like you guys is you can play songs like this..." and then they launched into Last Kiss and everyone went crazy.

Now you gotta wonder what they're going to play tomorrow? Hopefully some Riot Act and No Code stuff ;)

Wow, amazing night. I'm glad I came to Adelaide to see PJ and not Sydney or Melbourne. Amazing stuff.

Good to see you are happy to choose Adelaide over a bigger city and it paid off aswell awesome.

The show was always going to be a killer as the 10c got a mexican wave started before even the sensational Kings of Leon started. The crowd was pumped.

ok where to begin..... First the set was reall good. It was a good mxture of the classics, the new and the rare. Rarest being DGNL!!! During the main set there was a stone chant and ed said they may consider that for a later part of the show. Immortality is a song I have never heard and really thought this wouldn't happen Australia bit it did in our little sleepy town. Matts ending jam with the boys was crazy! IO/Corduroy as the main set ender worked really well haven't heard that being played as ending a main set before? anyone.... ?

Daughter/Bed are Burning/War got he crowd going once again the crowd really got into it especially the TEN clubbers. Ed black tag was "come back, come back, come back we belong together, together"... awesome chilling version of Black once again. Just like in Europe the crowd sang 'do do do do's" even after the song finished looking like it made ed appreciate our efforts even more. Alive was another highlight as Mike and Ed were darting from side to side going crazy. I have heard Baba before but this beat Melb 1 2003 and Gorge 1 2006 hands down. The guitars were crunchy and everyone was right into it. The crowd didnt want it to stop with a guy at the end after everyone left yelling "encoooreeee".. what a night couldnt have asked for anything better. Can't wait for tonight already wondering if tonight cant be topped me thinks not.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    pearljammonkeypearljammonkey Brisbane Posts: 205
    the ending of black was something else, the crowds do do doos and the claps in time, kept it going for quite a while after the boys had stopped. the 'yeahs!' started straight away in alive was funny as like dont worry about mike! as others have said this show was definitely driven by 10C. up in the tiers pretty much everyone was sitting, u could tell by how much time ed concentrated at front compared to other shows on this tour - floor crowd equalled if not bettered that of brisbane1 for mine. ed was happy with the singing in baba too, well done adelaide!!

and oh did i mention we got the first IMMORTALITY of the tour!!!
    im buggered from last night, i dont know how the band can pick back up for another night like they do but that was my last show of the tour :( i miss them already.

oh i just remembered i was the idiot in blacks tag, when Ed was singing come back, come back, we belong together. lol i was like - come back?! COME BACK!! haha i was lost i was so excited i wanted to hear come back as well but ah well
  • Options
    my first pj show! :D

everyone else has pretty much summed up last night. but it was awesome! despite not being able to hear mike! any one else on stones side not hear mikey so good?

the end of black was magic...i cant wait to hear the bootleg! i scored a stone and mike pic!
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • Options
    the ending of black was something else, the crowds do do doos and the claps in time, kept it going for quite a while after the boys had stopped. the 'yeahs!' started straight away in alive was funny as like dont worry about mike! as others have said this show was definitely driven by 10C. up in the tiers pretty much everyone was sitting, u could tell by how much time ed concentrated at front compared to other shows on this tour - floor crowd equalled if not bettered that of brisbane1 for mine. ed was happy with the singing in baba too, well done adelaide!!

and oh did i mention we got the first IMMORTALITY of the tour!!!
    im buggered from last night, i dont know how the band can pick back up for another night like they do but that was my last show of the tour :( i miss them already.

oh i just remembered i was the idiot in blacks tag, when Ed was singing come back, come back, we belong together. lol i was like - come back?! COME BACK!! haha i was lost i was so excited i wanted to hear come back as well but ah well

First Immortality of the OZ tour perhaps, but not of the Avocado tour. That honour belongs to Cleveland :)

Great show btw.

oops I wasn't there...out of this thread I go.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    was it the whole song? was it the whole band or just ed? did they screw it up?
  • Options
    pearl_man wrote:
    never heard a version of black done like that before. all of us just kept singing the "do do do, do, do do doooo" even when the music stopped. i think ed was impressed.

the crowd seemed really into it too. very loud for the whole night. definately louder than both brisbane nights, thats all i can judge it on tho so dont rely on me. just wait for what everone else says.

before stone sung dont gimme no lip, he was saying how unwell ed was. you could definately tell, his voice was dissapearing at some of the higher notes.

was it the whole song? what it the whole band or just ed? did they screw it up?
  • Options
    DM76DM76 Posts: 54
    esacks23 wrote:
    was it the whole song? what it the whole band or just ed? did they screw it up?

no woman, no cry was mainly the chorus and then ed went into no baby no cry......went for a bout 2.5 mins in total.
    1995 ~ Canberra NATEX 1998 ~ Thebarton Oval Adelaide 2003 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2006 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2009 ~ Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) 2009 ~ Melbourne (Etihad Stadiuml) 2011 ~ Eddie Vedder 1& 2 ( Thebarton Theatre) 2014~ Gold Coast ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Melbourne ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Adelaide ( Big Day Out)
  • Options
    jason started the let stone sing chant in the first set and jim and me and ben were driving it as well.

i started the stone chant after black. and we kept pointing at him throughout the show. so glad we got him to sing
    10/11/06, 11/11/06, 13/11/06, 14/11/06, 16/11/06, 19/11/06, 21/11/06, 22/11/06.

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 35-+--+
  • Options
    Beautiful show last night in Adelaide...lucked out and scored Section B Row B...good seats...no camera on me though...anyone that might have some shots from lastnight, I'd love to see them

Email me your pics to: JERRYDARLING@HOTMAIL.COM

Bummed out cause I didn't get a poster...sold out before I had the chance to pick one up...might have to Ebay one.
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    Hey everyone,

Late one last night @Gus'. Great party.

Congrats to Ivan for catching Ed's attention with his request for Sad, on behalf of two friends who had broken up and thus hadn't come on the tour.

Excellent show.. thought the crowd was really loud, and when we did the Black outro, that was special. Only thing which sucked was seeing the majority of people on the sides sitting down, but I tried to just focus on the band and the floor, which was going off.

Poor Ed.. seeing him coughing as he walked off stage was a bit worrying, but he's a pro.

Wow, 2 more shows to go.

Stella, when the hell am I going to meet ya??
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    Beautiful show last night in Adelaide...lucked out and

Bummed out cause I didn't get a poster...sold out before I had the chance to pick one up...might have to Ebay one.

yeah same here. checked out e-bay already, fucking assholes profiting from a show they probably dont even know what the new album looks like! if anybody did happen to pick up a spare one for some reason and would like to sell one for a reasonable price, PM me. thanks.

back to the show tho, in the words of bruce mcavany the show was, SPECIAL!!
    Adelaide 7/3/98, Adelaide 16/02/03, Melbourne 18-19/02/03, Brisbane 10-11/11/06, Adelaide 21-22/11/06, Adelaide 17/11/06, Sydney 22/11/06, Brisbane 25/11/06, EV- Adelaide 27-28/03/11...
  • Options
    ramspamramspam Posts: 130
    My 1st pearl jam concert and first rock concert by a non-local band.. It exeeded my expectations and i had friggin high expectations! Definitely the best thing I've ever seen or done! I was really worried beforehand that i'd be too small to see but i was in 8th row centreish and could see pretty much everyone which was great. I came up with a metaphor for the concert: it was like if i was christian seeing god jesus and all his disciples... :P I can't really say much that hasn't been said already but i'm so pumped for tonight!
    Only fools have signatures...

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #20-+--+
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    wow..great set....

congrats to all you aussies

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    Great show. didn't top melbourne 3 for me but was worth the trip none the less. Recognised a hell of a lot of faces from the melbourne shows.
  • Options
    HazzaHazza Posts: 17
    Also, one of matt's stands broke, so he chucked the cymbal back to his tech, and during a song (jeremy?) he had to reach around and spin the mic stand so he could sing.

And they tested the You Are sample during the set up after kings of leon. Had me hoping :)
  • Options
    pearljammonkeypearljammonkey Brisbane Posts: 205
    i was 5th row centre, very hard hearing mike all night

is it the true the band arrived late? is this why the crew were playing riffs on stage after KOL?? severed hand intro, ritfw, you are, ukelele - those last 3 not played/used

anyone got a setlist from the show?