2»

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    demetrios said:
    Close with a long jam version of ..

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-RTz0JNxNEU
    Yes!!!!!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    Yellow Ledbetter got my vote 
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,936
    Indifference is too much of a downer for the last song. Lights on too doesn’t work for me. Would like to see a new song or two in the mix for closing shows.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    Don’t forget about baba closing a show!!! Holy freaking shit do they bring it when they play that one.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,747
    Indifference is an awesome song, but I don’t  love it as a closer... way too depressing of a song to close out what’s almost always an amazing night. 
    This. Love the song, terribly odd closer imo
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Indifference is a great song. However, I'd be lying if I didn't feel let down in 2011 when they closed the show with it. I wasn't much of a setlist hound back then, so I wasn't aware of what their patterns were, and if a song had an odd placement or not. I thought that was an odd placement. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    I prefer Indifference as a song to YLB and it is a great album closer. However, it might not be the best show closer. Maybe it’d work better to close, say, the first encore... or the slow/acoustic portion of the show.
  • Options
    rummy said:
    I prefer Indifference as a song to YLB and it is a great album closer. However, it might not be the best show closer. Maybe it’d work better to close, say, the first encore... or the slow/acoustic portion of the show.
    THIS. I WANT THIS. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited January 2021
    Indifference, but if I could I'd vote neither. I think they should close the show with an epic original rocker.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    GoinHungry94GoinHungry94 Albuquerque, NM Posts: 236
    Not to be “that guy” but both as closers would be ideal. I prefer the night to end on a high note/positive sort of “oh my gawd I just saw an incredible face melting show”! I’d just be wanting that much more if they ended the night with Indifference. 
    Hey nanana
    ain't that somethin
    PJ Chi 2--08-24-2009
    SG Chi 1--01-23-2013
    PJ Wrigley--07-19-2013
    CCornell Chi--10-06-2015
    PJ Wrigley--08-20 & 22 2016
    PJ Wrigley--08-18 & 20 2018
    Denver— 09-22-2022
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of indifference as a closer. My guess is that they put it there as it doesn't really fit anywhere else in the set without taking the air out of the room. Imagine Lightning Bolt/Corduroy/Given to Fly/Severed Hand or any other mid-set high-tempo song into indifference? The energy would be gone. I suppose it could work at the start of the first encore but otherwise I'm not quite sure where it fits. Don't get me wrong, it's a great song but it just doesn't feel right at the end. For the last song, I want something that either gets me rocking or Yellow Ledbetter, which as others have mentioned it just always feels final when that song is played. You also have to remember that not everyone at the shows is a die-hard fan like us ten clubbers. I would imagine some more casual fans walk away scratching their heads saying "that's really what they closed with" when indifference is the last song.
  • Options
    MF658872MF658872 Posts: 247
    I'm not a huge fan of indifference as a closer. My guess is that they put it there as it doesn't really fit anywhere else in the set without taking the air out of the room. Imagine Lightning Bolt/Corduroy/Given to Fly/Severed Hand or any other mid-set high-tempo song into indifference? The energy would be gone. I suppose it could work at the start of the first encore but otherwise I'm not quite sure where it fits. Don't get me wrong, it's a great song but it just doesn't feel right at the end. For the last song, I want something that either gets me rocking or Yellow Ledbetter, which as others have mentioned it just always feels final when that song is played. You also have to remember that not everyone at the shows is a die-hard fan like us ten clubbers. I would imagine some more casual fans walk away scratching their heads saying "that's really what they closed with" when indifference is the last song.
    My dad is a pretty casual fan and he loved Indifference as the closer. My only problem with Indifference as the closer is the fact that the house lights are always on. 
    Philly 1 2016                     
    EV New York 2016            
    TOTD Philly 2 2016 
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction 2017 
    Boston 1 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    EV New York 1 & 2 2022
    Berlin 2022
    Frankfurt 2022
    New York 2022
  • Options
    MF658872 said:
    My dad is a pretty casual fan and he loved Indifference as the closer. My only problem with Indifference as the closer is the fact that the house lights are always on. 
    i think that's the band's treat to itself. i've been on stage (in a small venue, mind you) and you can't see anyone past the first few rows. I get the feeling the band likes to see the crowd for one song. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Yellow only because taking out Alive , E-Flow and Black could save 20-30 mins in the set for other song.
  • Options
    timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 319
    They should open with Yellow Ledbetter to give everyone the shits:) "WFT It's done already??" Heh heh. 
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    timbo1972 said:
    They should open with Yellow Ledbetter to give everyone the shits:) "WFT It's done already??" Heh heh. 

Yes please and then just walk off stage for a few mins to confuse us even more.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    Matts3221 said:
    timbo1972 said:

Been saying that for years! Hope someday they do open with Yellow Ledbetter.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Matts3221 said:
    timbo1972 said:

a reverse show! that would be fucking epic! start the show with Yled, or if Indifference, lights up, then turn em off. Ed could even shout "Josh! turn those lights out! this is a fucking rock concert" as they blast into E Flo
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    demetrios said:
    Matts3221 said:
    timbo1972 said:

a reverse show! that would be fucking epic! start the show with Yled, or if Indifference, lights up, then turn em off. Ed could even shout "Josh! turn those lights out! this is a fucking rock concert" as they blast into E Flo

Yes please! 
  • Options
    GoinHungry94GoinHungry94 Albuquerque, NM Posts: 236
    demetrios said:
    Matts3221 said:
    timbo1972 said:

Dreaming a little dream right now, damn I want that to happen 
    Hey nanana
    ain't that somethin
    PJ Chi 2--08-24-2009
    SG Chi 1--01-23-2013
    PJ Wrigley--07-19-2013
    CCornell Chi--10-06-2015
    PJ Wrigley--08-20 & 22 2016
    PJ Wrigley--08-18 & 20 2018
    Denver— 09-22-2022