Options

Little Steven, Eddie Vedder, Margo Price, 'Sopranos' and more to Stand With Teachers

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836

• Options

Stand With Teachers

News December 9 2020

On Monday, December 21st at 8PM ET, Eddie Vedder will participate in the Stand With Teachers virtual fundraising event to honor the dedication and support shown by educators for their students and families throughout 2020.  The hour-long evening will feature music and conversation from Eddie Vedder and Margo Price as well as appearances by special guests.  Tickets for the event are available here. 

• Options
    I’m a teacher. Do I have to pay for a ticket? Probably a dumb question...
  • Options

Stand With Teachers

On Monday, December 21st at 8PM ET, Eddie Vedder will participate in the Stand With Teachers virtual fundraising event to honor the dedication and support shown by educators for their students and families throughout 2020.  The hour-long evening will feature music and conversation from Eddie Vedder and Margo Price as well as appearances by special guests.

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    I’m a teacher. Do I have to pay for a ticket? Probably a dumb question...
    Yeah, I wish teachers got in for free too. Didn't realize the events costs $25 until today. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,892
    I think this is a great sentiment, but how does this benefit teachers? Sorry if I sound cynical, but this comes from a teacher who was once told that we would be treated to a "BBQ lunch" for teacher appreciation day only to find out we were getting the same disgusting frozen burgers the lunchroom makes the kids eat. I sat in my empty class and took one bite before I threw it in the trash. It was depressing and I would have rather had nothing.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,527
    Let's hope he doesn't play We Don't Need No Education.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    I think this is a great sentiment, but how does this benefit teachers? Sorry if I sound cynical, but this comes from a teacher who was once told that we would be treated to a "BBQ lunch" for teacher appreciation day only to find out we were getting the same disgusting frozen burgers the lunchroom makes the kids eat. I sat in my empty class and took one bite before I threw it in the trash. It was depressing and I would have rather had nothing.
    that's a good question...where does the money go?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    LukinFan said:
    that's a good question...where does the money go?
    It's a fundraiser for Little Steven's online curriculum

https://teachrock.org/

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,892
    Best way to support a teacher's work is to donate to their project on donorschoose.org. Getting my projects funded has made a huge difference in what I am able to do in my classroom. In fact, now that we are in distance learning, my Elmo document camera, that I was able to get because of Donorschoose, has been an essential part of our daily Zooms. I would be SOL if donors didn't pool together and buy this expensive device for my class. At any rate, thank you to all people who support the work of teachers!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    Margo Price is amazing. Especially love her first album. Very ‘70s country. 
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    Little' Steven Van Zandt Talks Livestream Benefit ft/ Bruce, Eddie Vedder, Jackson Browne & More!

• Options

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options

Stand With Teachers - Steven Van Zandt, TeachRock and Stars Unite for Education. Full show streams thru 12/31

This video features highlights of TeachRock's "Stand With Teachers" event including conversation with Steven Van Zandt and Tom Morello as well as performance excerpts from Bruce Springsteen, Eddie Vedder, Jackson Browne, Margo Price and Melle Mel.

The full event also included special appearances by Steve Buscemi, Bobby Cannavale, Whoopi Goldberg, Sammy Hagar, Tom Morello, Edward Norton, Vincent Pastore, Maureen Van Zandt along with Trønd Fausa Aurvåg and Steinar Sagen of Lilyhammer.

Tickets for the full event stream are now available to purchase by visiting teachrock.org/standwithteachers.

Ticket purchases are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.

Ticket holders will also be available to stream on-demand through December 31, 2020.

"Stand With Teachers" is a call-to-action to support TeachRock’s direct work with teachers, and encourage people to support teachers and students in their local communities. The virtual fundraising event on December 21st honored educators and for their ongoing dedication to children throughout 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, the program aims to expand online arts integration support to teachers and students forced to cope with remote learning.

@TeachRock
    #StandWithTeachers

• Options

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    edited February 2021
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503
    Pap said:
    My wife is a high school teacher in Southern Illinois who has been in the classroom with about half of her students since August. The Chicago Public School system is separate entity from the rest of the State, so the guidelines have been different. The school has had a few small outbreaks among teachers, but honestly less than we were expecting. The biggest outbreaks among students occurred during the lead up to school starting up as students started training for fall sports that were cancelled. There hasn't been a lot of student illness since the school year started.