Options

Discuss: Chicago Night 2

epierce3epierce3 Posts: 77
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
My favorite part was when Eddie appeared at the back during Last kiss - I was 10 feet from him and it was sick, I've never been that close to a preformer during a concert. Overall, I really liked both nights, for first timers, night 1 was probably better.
United Center Chicago: 05.16.06, 05.17.06
Vic Theater Chicago: 08.02.07
Lollapalooza 2007: 08.05.07
Auditorium Theater Chicago (EV Solo): 08.22.08
United Center Chicago: 08.23.09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dpearljamdpearljam Posts: 15
    Definitely a sick ass show, It was obvious that the boys set out to do something special, Crown of thorns was unreal! Amazing show, Will be interesting to see what they break out for Boston. 31 songs tonight!
    Chicago 03 Alpine 03 Columbus 03 Indy 03
    Detroit 03 x2 Toledo 04 Grand Rapids 04 NW School 05
    Kitchener 05 Chicago HOB 05 Chicago 06 x2
    Grand Rapids 06 Detroit 06 Boston 06 x2
    Washington DC 06 Cincinnati 06 Milwaukee 06
    Bridge School 06 NY MSG 08 x2
  • Options
    pjfan9110pjfan9110 Posts: 145
    Sawyer wrote:
    .....ridiculous show.......my favorite was...well....had to be the rarities.....glorified g, footsteps, garden, whipping, crown....it goes on and on and on......very cool Klausen poster too.

night one i think was way better...whipping is definitely not a rarity...i've been to six shows now and i've heard whipping four of the six times....this setlist, minus the new 'pearl jam' material was very similar to the pittsburgh setlist 2003...i was a bit disappointed....eddie mentioned that they liked playing night one but they really wanted to play the second night...so i was thinking a lot of rarities in the encores....i do have to say the crowd was amazing...overall a solid night...crown of thorns definitely saved the show for me
    1998-06-27 Alpine Valley, WI / 2000-10-08 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-06-21 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-04-26 Mellon Arena, PA / 2004-10-03 Grand Rapids VFC, 2006-05-17 United Center, IL / 2006-06-29 Milwaukee, WI / 2006-06-30 Milwaukke, WI / 2011-09-03 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2011-09-04 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2013-07-19 Wrigley Field / 2014-10-19 St. Paul / 2014-10-20 Milwaukee, WI
  • Options
    Mrs.McCMrs.McC Posts: 18
    Did anyone go early for My Morning Jacket? Just curious how you liked them. I thought about flying in for this show, but couldn't because I am going to too many other PJ shows!
  • Options
    Only The 7th Time Ever Played- What A Treat Last 3 Songs Was Unbelievable-
  • Options
    4HEATHER4HEATHER Posts: 36
    I am jealous you guys got to hear Down!! I am dying to hear it this tour!
    Let's say knowledge is a tree
    It's growing up just like me
  • Options
    Mrs.McC wrote:
    Did anyone go early for My Morning Jacket? Just curious how you liked them. I thought about flying in for this show, but couldn't because I am going to too many other PJ shows!
    I didn't like Mourning Jacket at all. Everyone sitting next to me agreed. The singer had such a high voice that it hurt my ears.
  • Options
    gmcabralgmcabral Posts: 50
    I didn't like Mourning Jacket at all. Everyone sitting next to me agreed. The singer had such a high voice that it hurt my ears.

mom? is that you?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250
    Great show. They def. made up for '03 and then some this time around.
    I liked the first show better, but the setlist from 2 was pretty badass.
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I thought that night 2's set was way better. The crowd seemed to be into the band more than the previous night. My seats were side stage and were great. My seats for the night before were right next to the sound equipment and needless to say I was a little upset that I missed being next to ed last night, but i'm not complaining at all. The encores took the show to a new level. See everyone at Summerfest.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    DAN KELLY wrote:
    Only The 7th Time Ever Played- What A Treat Last 3 Songs Was Unbelievable-

My 1st Chicago show (2nd night)...best PJ show I've been to in quite sometime!
    There aren't enough words to describe how amazing Crown of Thorns was.

Awesome crowd! Great venue! Amazing city!
    "Don't see some men as half empty - See them half full of shit - Thinking that we're all but slaves"
  • Options
    dubriedubrie Posts: 7
    gmcabral wrote:
    mom? is that you?

Hahahaha. Awesome.
  • Options
    thesheffthesheff Posts: 59

You serious??? I thought MMJ was great. I wish they played a little longer than 45 minutes though
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    TheSeekerTheSeeker Posts: 66
    on night 2 MMJ sounded better for me. they seemed pretty tight.

Pearl Jam on night 2 was amazing.
    its amazing they still make music for us all to hear(so why bitch unless you a bitch)
    CrownOfThorns is always a special song, for the band especially
    Down--Motherfucker, Im DOWN with that!!!
    Garden always blows my mind, even their re-hashed version last night
    Whipping is just a cool ass fuck the establishment song
    Footsteps--c'mon, it Was you!
    Severed Hand as the opener?! gimme my Mushrooms Back!!!$$$
    i dont ? our Xtence, I just ? our modern needs
  • Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    gmcabral wrote:
    mom? is that you?

hahaha

my morning jacket kicks ass!!!
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    TemoryianTemoryian Posts: 40
    I thought my morning jacket would be good if they found a new singer. As for Pearl Jam...oh my god how great was that? I have a question...did anyone see which way eddie went when he left the area when he was singing last kiss? I was 2 rows from the floor in section 111 and I saw a guy run passed with his head down...Could have sworn it was him. Security didn't stop him. So if your looking at the stage did anyone see which way he ran? I think it is cool that Eddie was about 5 feet from me and running like a bat out of hell.
    08-10-00 East Troy, WI..."The Icebowl"
    10-03-04 Grand Rapids, MI
    09-09-05 Thunder Bay, ON
    05-16/17-06 Chicago, Ill.
    06-26/27-06 St. Paul, MN.
    08-02-07 Chicago, Ill.
    08-05-07 Chicago, Ill.
    http://www.myspace.com/mitchperzichilli