Options

Smile is Milwaukee's song

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I knew if not last nite , tonight they would play it. Just a overall great song to sing and dance too. I have no voice again and ears are ringing. Time to take it easy and rest up for my last show in vegas. Thank goodness I get a full set to end my tour on.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Hell yeah Smile is Milwaukee's song!!! I knew the second he started mentioning the story and that it had Milwaukee ties we were getting Smile!!! Yes depression has fully set in as this was my last show this tour. Here's hoping I get to see them at longest in 2008, even better would be Alpine in 2007!!! One can always hope!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    I'm still waiting to hear smile live, hopefully at one of the gorge shows !
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    can someone tell me the smile, milaukeee related story.?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    The singer from the band named the Frogs. I believe his name is Dennis. Wrote some words in either Eddie's notebook or just on paper. Eddie found these words and put them with music that became the song Smile. They have played smile in milwaukee 95, alpine 98 and alpine 2000. And of course last nite they played it. Hope that kinda helps a little.
  • Options
    That's correct, the note was written by Dennis Frog in Eddie's notebook while Eddie was onstage performing. Eddie found it later and put the words to Jeff's song. The original note is on the back of the "Smile" No Code polaroid. Dennis is also responsible for the bat wings that used to be behind Eddie's amp...they used to be one of the Frogs' costume props back in the early 80's. There is also a silver lame jacket that Dennis's wife made that was given to Eddie. I remember he gave her props back in 00 or 03. It may/may not be the Bushleaguer jacket. I'm not an expert on Eddie's threads.
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    That's correct, the note was written by Dennis Frog in Eddie's notebook while Eddie was onstage performing. Eddie found it later and put the words to Jeff's song. The original note is on the back of the "Smile" No Code polaroid. Dennis is also responsible for the bat wings that used to be behind Eddie's amp...they used to be one of the Frogs' costume props back in the early 80's. There is also a silver lame jacket that Dennis's wife made that was given to Eddie. I remember he gave her props back in 00 or 03. It may/may not be the Bushleaguer jacket. I'm not an expert on Eddie's threads.

It was during 2003 alpine Eddie had the jacket on during ''You've got to hide your love away''.