LOST DOGS - Original Vinyl Pressing - MINT SEALED - For Sale

Lost Dogs, Original Vinyl Pressing. Mint, sealed, still in shrink with original price sticker still attached.
Pristine condition, well cared by a long time collector, and thirty years long Pearl Jam fanatic.

$1000

Ideally, I'd like to find a buyer within a couple hours drive from Phoenix Arizona, so we can meet up in person and exchange without being subjected to PayPal fees.
Shoot me a message if interested. Pictures available.

Comments

• nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    FYI you can do friends and family on PayPal to avoid the 3% fee. 
  • I'm aware, but that option does not offer any recourse or protection to either the buyer or the seller. Venmo is the same. I know I am on the up and up and good for it, but I don't know about the other party, and they don't know about me.
    If that is the difference between a sale or not though, I'm fine with a 3% fee.
  • nuzzer1 said:
    FYI you can do friends and family on PayPal to avoid the 3% fee. 
    Also, if anyone is willing to drop a grand for a Pearl Jam record, and willing to drive a couple hours to meet me in the middle, that is a die hard Pearl Jam fan whom I would probably enjoy meeting.
  • There are two sealed copies on Discogs for 500 Euro (about $600)
  • TheThingsIveSeenTheThingsIveSeen Posts: 7
    edited January 2021
    There are two sealed copies on Discogs for 500 Euro (about $600)
    One is not available for sale in the United States, and the other is graded NM because it has a dinged corner. There is also one on Discogs sealed for $1140 out of Spain. There are no sealed mint copies available on Ebay at this moment. According to discogs, there are more people who want this record than there are those who have it.
    I've already refused an offer of $900 for it elsewhere. I referred that buyer to the sealed copy with the dinged corner in Germany. There is a market for this record. I am aware of the market. I recognize my asking price is on the higher end, but it is only going to increase in value and become harder and harder to find a sealed mint original pressing. If it is too much of an asking price for you, move on. If it sits on my shelf for another year, that is OK too. If someone is willing to pay my asking price for it, then that is great too. If you can find a pristine mint original pressing anywhere in the world for less than I am asking here, then I suggest skipping buying it here, and buy it elsewhere.
    I'm fully transparent here.
    Post edited by TheThingsIveSeen on
  • There is one in Portugal- sealed copy, €500, €25 shipping to the states, just saying. 

“I recognize my asking price is on the higher end, but it is only going to increase in value and become harder and harder to find a sealed mint original pressing.”

Can you not charge a price for what an item is worth now, not what it may be worth in the future? 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    One is not available for sale in the United States, and the other is graded NM because it has a dinged corner. There is also one on Discogs sealed for $1140 out of Spain. There are no sealed mint copies available on Ebay at this moment. According to discogs, there are more people who want this record than there are those who have it.
    I've already refused an offer of $900 for it elsewhere. I referred that buyer to the sealed copy with the dinged corner in Germany. There is a market for this record. I am aware of the market. I recognize my asking price is on the higher end, but it is only going to increase in value and become harder and harder to find a sealed mint original pressing. If it is too much of an asking price for you, move on. If it sits on my shelf for another year, that is OK too. If someone is willing to pay my asking price for it, then that is great too. If you can find a pristine mint original pressing anywhere in the world for less than I am asking here, then I suggest skipping buying it here, and buy it elsewhere.
    there's nothing wrong with people making comments about prices in the market. it's a good system we have here where buyer and seller are both protected by the community. 

you are more than welcome to disagree, but the outright dismissal ("move on") doesn't really speak to welcoming transparency. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• There is one in Portugal- sealed copy, €500, €25 shipping to the states, just saying. 

“I recognize my asking price is on the higher end, but it is only going to increase in value and become harder and harder to find a sealed mint original pressing.”

Can you not charge a price for what an item is worth now, not what it may be worth in the future? 
    OK, great, so there is two available at that price instead of the one. Anyone who wants to buy that one should. Buy all eleven copies available on discogs. That is fine by me. I have to believe that if anyone is serious enough to spend a grand on a record, they are wise enough to do their own research before doing so. I wanted to add that I am willing to accept offers, but the community policy states that bidding is not welcome here, and I don't know if adding an OBO borders on bidding or not, so I opted not to include it. $1000 is not actually a firm price. I'm kind of testing the market by posting it for sale here. Don't act like you would do any different in trying to sell something for as much as you can get for it.

Look, I don't know Philip Ireland. I think it is kinda disrespectful that you come on my post and start throwing shade on my post in public. If you have some issues with it, it would've been more appreciated to ask to communicate your frustrations privately and I would have taken them into consideration. I made this post in the Lost Dogs community with no ill intentions or ill will towards anyone.
  • There are two sealed copies on Discogs for 500 Euro (about $600)
    there's nothing wrong with people making comments about prices in the market. it's a good system we have here where buyer and seller are both protected by the community. 

you are more than welcome to disagree, but the outright dismissal ("move on") doesn't really speak to welcoming transparency. 
    *sigh*
    I don't even know how you got to the conclusion that me saying if the price is to expensive for a buyer, to buy elsewhere "move on" as being not-transparent.

There is nothing wrong with the community making comments about prices in the market, but it matters how those comments are said/worded, and all but one of the responses on here since my OP have sounded like they are attacking.

I've been a fan of this band for thirty years. I've been a Ten Club member almost as long. I've got basically zero posts in this community relative to those that have been turning this post into something it was never intended to be. I came here to list this record because if there is a target market for this record, it is the Pearl Jam fans directly. But as a general rule, I really try to stay out of all forums for reasons just like this. This isn't supportive of the community, by commenting like this. The main impression I got from my experience so far here today is that this forum isn't welcoming. That is discouraging and unfortunate.
    if you are going to admit that you are pricing something on the high end, expect a bit of blowback. the spirit of this community is not to list things on the high end, especially for potential future value of an item. 

i'm not sure how long your membership/fandom relates to anything, but ok. congrats?

good luck with your sale. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,073
    edited January 2021

*sigh*
    I don't even know how you got to the conclusion that me saying if the price is to expensive for a buyer, to buy elsewhere "move on" as being not-transparent.

There is nothing wrong with the community making comments about prices in the market, but it matters how those comments are said/worded, and all but one of the responses on here since my OP have sounded like they are attacking.

I've been a fan of this band for thirty years. I've been a Ten Club member almost as long. I've got basically zero posts in this community relative to those that have been turning this post into something it was never intended to be. I came here to list this record because if there is a target market for this record, it is the Pearl Jam fans directly. But as a general rule, I really try to stay out of all forums for reasons just like this. This isn't supportive of the community, by commenting like this. The main impression I got from my experience so far here today is that this forum isn't welcoming. That is discouraging and unfortunate.
    Your first post in the forum is trying to sell an item for double the typical sale price. Are you really surprised that you didn't get a welcoming response? 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • I'll sell my used copy for $five hundo!  Any takers?
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    edited January 2021
    I'll sell my used copy for $five hundo!  Any takers?
    Yup. My bonus comes in Feb. If you can wait a month, I'll pay. 

Hell, I'll even paypal $100 today as a reserve to show I'm serious.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Where are all the price police police? Lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Gibson said:

I'm ready to start selling it all.
  • CoshieCoshie Port Fairy Posts: 275
    Gibson said:

Damn Chris you're up to 25,000+ posts already! Hope you're well champion! 😁
    Melbourne - 1998-2003-2006-2009-2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo Melbourne - 2011-2014
    Seattle 1 & 2 2018
    Missoula 2018
    Baltimore, New York 2020 😭
    EV & Earthlings New York 1 & 2 - 2022
    EV & Earthlings New Jersey - 2022
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    knives are out today   

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Coshie said:
    Gibson said:

Damn Chris you're up to 25,000+ posts already! Hope you're well champion! 😁
    There’s a face I haven’t seen in a while!  I’ve got stuff put aside for you!
  • sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263
    edited January 2021
    I paid 300$ for my sealed lost dogs vinyl recently. They are out there if you look hard enough. 1000$ is absurd. 
    sfrduder said:
    I paid 300$ for my sealed lost dogs vinyl recently. They are out there if you look hard enough. 1000$ is absurd. 
    really? wow. that's attainable! thanks!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 519
    edited January 2021
    There is one in Portugal- sealed copy, €500, €25 shipping to the states, just saying. 

OK, great, so there is two available at that price instead of the one. Anyone who wants to buy that one should. Buy all eleven copies available on discogs. That is fine by me. I have to believe that if anyone is serious enough to spend a grand on a record, they are wise enough to do their own research before doing so. I wanted to add that I am willing to accept offers, but the community policy states that bidding is not welcome here, and I don't know if adding an OBO borders on bidding or not, so I opted not to include it. $1000 is not actually a firm price. I'm kind of testing the market by posting it for sale here. Don't act like you would do any different in trying to sell something for as much as you can get for it.

Look, I don't know Philip Ireland. I think it is kinda disrespectful that you come on my post and start throwing shade on my post in public. If you have some issues with it, it would've been more appreciated to ask to communicate your frustrations privately and I would have taken them into consideration. I made this post in the Lost Dogs community with no ill intentions or ill will towards anyone.
    Have you never heard of EBay?
    I really think it is actually disrespectful of you to criticise me for calling you out for flipping on this forum! 

Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • Driving an hour or two to meet up with someone and buy a record for over double what it is worth.  Make sense. 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Driving an hour or two to meet up with someone and buy a record for over double what it is worth.  Make sense. 

Who pays for gas?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    Driving an hour or two to meet up with someone and buy a record for over double what it is worth.  Make sense. 

But you also get the honor of meeting him.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    How about $500, shipped to Canada, but you include a signed photo?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• RSD June 2021 stay tuned 
    RSD June 2021 stay tuned 
    ????
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Corn holio hath spoken
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    RSD June 2021 stay tuned 
    Hope so! That would be AWESOME! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited January 2021
    With SO MANY bootlegs of this, I probably wouldn't want to buy a sealed copy unless there are distinct differences in the legit vs the bootlegs.