Pearl Jam & Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Host A Virtual Fundraiser Dec 16th

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
edited December 2020 in The Porch
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pearl-jam-lin-manuel-miranda-georgia-senate-runoff-election-fundraiser-1098085/

“Georgia came through for America and now it’s time for America to come through for Georgia,” Eddie Vedder says

Pearl Jam and Lin-Manuel Miranda will host a virtual fundraiser this month ahead of the Georgia Senate runoff election.

The one-night-only event — taking place December 16th at 8:30 p.m. EST on the virtual venue Looped — will see the Rock Hall-inducted band and the Pulitzer Prize winner have a conversation about their artistic inspirations and advocacy.

“Georgia came through for America and now it’s time for America to come through for Georgia,” Eddie Vedder said in a statement. “We — along with millions of others — are fans of Lin-Manuel for both his art and his activism and we are excited to work together to support progressive organizations Latino Victory Project, Latino Community Fund of Georgia, and the Hispanic Federation. We hope you will join us live on December 16th as we talk music, art, and activism.”

Miranda added: “I’ve long admired Pearl Jam’s music and commitment to advocacy — and their music has made an impact on me since I was a teenager. I haven’t met them yet, but have wanted to for a long time. We thought it would be fun to meet in front of our fans while raising awareness and resources to make sure we get out the vote for the Georgia runoff election.”

Comedian and Georgia native Wayne Brady will host the event, which will raise money to support the Latino Victory ProjectLatino Community Fund of Georgia, and the Hispanic Federation and their voter mobilization efforts. Donations for the event start at $10; see the Looped event page for more information.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    Cool
    I miss igotid88
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited December 2020
    Just a reminder that Chris McCandless' alma mater, Emory University, is based in Atlanta, Georgia. :wink:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024

• This is cool and all but anyone else find it frustrating that a band that was ready to tour in March hasn't found a way to perform at all in 2020?  I really thought this was gonna be it.  Big letdown to see it's just a "discussion".
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    This is pretty sweet.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • As a Georgian, I’m super excited for this! Thanks for sending some help our way! 

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972

This is cool and all but anyone else find it frustrating that a band that was ready to tour in March hasn't found a way to perform at all in 2020?  I really thought this was gonna be it.  Big letdown to see it's just a "discussion".
    I'm right there with you on this. No livestreams this year was very surprising. Even if people had to pay for them, give us something! 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    these people are definitely relevant to my interests.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    LukinFan said:

This is cool and all but anyone else find it frustrating that a band that was ready to tour in March hasn't found a way to perform at all in 2020?  I really thought this was gonna be it.  Big letdown to see it's just a "discussion".
    I'm right there with you on this. No livestreams this year was very surprising. Even if people had to pay for them, give us something! 
    Wasn't there a live stream for salesforce.  ;)  Agree. I was so inspired by Ben Gibbard's performances early on and so glad to see others follow, I thought for sure Ed and the band would do something.
    There were a ton of bands that didn’t live stream anything. I don’t think it’s a huge deal that they didn’t. 

edited December 2020
    But a Folklore:Long Pond type special would have been cool. 
    edited December 2020
    Visual Arts + Activism Fundraiser
    We are excited to join our new friend Lin-Manuel Miranda alongside Georgia's own Wayne Brady for a conversation on arts and activism to benefit organizations working to get out the vote in the Georgia runoff elections. Join us on Dec 16th at 5:30pm PT and your $10 donation will go to support the efforts of Latino Community Fund Georgia, Hispanic Federation and Latino Victory. We hope to see you there.

Tickets for this event are available now!
    INFO

Lin’s the best. 

Love Chris Hayes reply to that tweet too. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    edited December 2020
    I got my ticket. Tonight at 8:30pm est
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    edited December 2020
    This is really good. 
    Super enjoyable.
    Also, what’s up with that Atlanta 94 video. Uuhhhhhh is there more of it???
  • That was super cool to see Sonic Reducer! Wonder if there is more footage? (Yes, please!)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    edited December 2020
    That was super cool to see Sonic Reducer! Wonder if there is more footage? (Yes, please!)
    That was a really cool clip. I wish they showed more. I also wish they had sung live. For a minute it looked like they were going to, but got shy about what to sing. Also, Eddie wasn’t wearing a hat for this one. That was a change of pace. 
  • Would love a recap.  Completely forgot this was tonight.  
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
    Jeremy and On Broadway have similar chord progressions. 

I expect that to tag Jeremy at the next NY show. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,944
    I don't suppose there's a way to watch it after the fact?  totally forgot this was on :(

This discussion has been closed.