ED signed and personalized Ukulele book story

2»

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    densan said:
    JG7927 said:
    Hey Dennis such an awesome story, thank you for sharing....I remember that show well. Please PM me if you don't have the show poster, I would love to gift that to you. 
    That is extremely kind. I have all 3 show posters. Thank you.

I was going to keep this part to myself because it is kind of emotional for me, but I now realize it is better to tell this final part because it shows what kind of person Ed is.
    The typing I heard was Ed typing the letter below. Ed used my dad's typewriter to type out "Man of the Hour" for me. Ed gave it to me when he called me on stage. I lost it that night after we got home. I was like a sprinkler. I love my dad, so I did it for him! 

Speechless
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    GlowGirl said:
    Dennis, that’s probably the best meeting Ed story I've ever read. 
    I have a pretty good meeting Ed story that involves both of us being at a small party in John Entwistle's hotel suite in NYC after the 1996 MSG Quadrophenia shows. The party ended at 7:00am with John Entwistle passed out under the table. I had several long conversations with Ed throughout the night. It's a really long story how I got invited to that party, and someday I will write it out. I also briefly met Pete Townshend that night. Still one of the best nights of my life. But not nearly as sentimental as Dennis' story.

Wait, you partied with Ed and The Ox?  
    Yes. But I will post that story elsewhere another time. Dennis has a really beautiful story here. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    densan said:
    Jeebus.  If you don't really need the money I would reconsider selling.  Hell, I'll give you some money toward keeping it if you really need the money badly.
    Everything about that story is great.
    Brought my wife in to see this. I am keeping it. F Me in the Brain, if you ever need anything I am your go to. You are awesome as well the others here. Thanks guys
    Nothing needed but I appreciate that - meant it as well, just let me know.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    densan said:
    Jeebus.  If you don't really need the money I would reconsider selling.  Hell, I'll give you some money toward keeping it if you really need the money badly.
    Brought my wife in to see this. I am keeping it. F Me in the Brain, if you ever need anything I am your go to. You are awesome as well the others here. Thanks guys
    I am so glad you are keeping it. After reading your story, I was also about to offer to chip in to make sure you keep it. Definitely, one of the most special things I have read on these forums. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Same here!! Amazing story, Dennis. Wow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    edited November 2020
    Honestly that's like a message from your Dad through EV. What a perfect story. Everything came together. Thanks again for sharing such a positive story. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    densan said:
    JG7927 said:
    Hey Dennis such an awesome story, thank you for sharing....I remember that show well. Please PM me if you don't have the show poster, I would love to gift that to you. 

I was going to keep this part to myself because it is kind of emotional for me, but I now realize it is better to tell this final part because it shows what kind of person Ed is.
    The typing I heard was Ed typing the letter below. Ed used my dad's typewriter to type out "Man of the Hour" for me. Ed gave it to me when he called me on stage. I lost it that night after we got home. I was like a sprinkler. I love my dad, so I did it for him! 

Did Ed play Man of the Hour the night he handed you this letter on stage? I get chills thinking about it. This story is so great. 
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    He did play Man of the Hour, and it was stunning/beautiful/flawless/perfect. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ I can imagine it was. An amazing song with quite a bit more meaning for you. That’s fantastic. 
  • "The word machine"  Love that!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i was thinking the same thing, that we should start a collection so he can keep this. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

densan said:
    JG7927 said:

holy hell i'm crying. this is unbelievable. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE THREAD EVER
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    THIS IS MY FAVOURITE THREAD EVER
    Same.

Your story is exactly what I needed to hear, Dennis. So happy that you had that experience.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    Simply amazing - best thread ever +1
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
    I am honored and do not have the proper words to express. I will never forget. From my mind, heart, and soul Thank you. I will carry the words you wrote with me forever. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Beautiful. Just a beautiful snapshot of life. I do hope you decide to keep these! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • troysp1troysp1 Posts: 412
    i was thinking the same thing, that we should start a collection so he can keep this. 
    Please count me in on this 
    edited November 2020
    troysp1 said:
    Please count me in on this 
    Another beautiful person. So kind. Very kind. I am good. it was not a situation where I was hurting. Momentary lapse of reasoning on my part. The board folks and my wife made me realize some things are better left in hand. Thank you so much. You as well the others are very special to this world and myself. Keeping the book.
    Post edited by densan on
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    Beautiful. Just a beautiful snapshot of life. I do hope you decide to keep these! 
    Could not have said it better.

Someone find that video for Dennis!
  • Good call dennis
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -